Negativity, bashing.

Gottobethere

Proud Member
I have noticed on here recently that when a discussion is taking place and a difference of opinions are being voiced these words Negativity and bashing always seem to pop up. They usually appear when someone is frustrated with another members view on a subject being discussed and are used to try and make that person appear unreasonable. The idea that we should follow some kind of happiness code seems ridiculous, i believe if you feel strongly about a subject then you should have a right to voice your opinion without worrying if it sounds negative, this word is used by members as a tool to shut others up just like the word bashing is also used by members when losing an argument, is argument too negative a word, that could be used against me now. If a person is discussed such as Conrad Murray he gets called a murderer, people say they hate him even though we do not know all the facts yet if a comment is made about a member of the Jackson family which is known to be fact that will be called bashing. I guess what i am trying to say is can we just have debates discussions arguments what ever you want to call it with these words being used because they are just another form of name calling after all.

What a negative thread.

Just kidding :tease:

I agree with you on this one. All opinions should be valued, as long as they are presented in a respectul manner and aren't against the forum rules.

I agree......

Not trying to start an argument......but a lot of the time, the frustration is caused by:
1.) Conspiracy Theories
2.) The Jackson Family (excluding Michael and his three children)
3.) Some of Michaels "Friends"

Of course fans are angry at people like Murray, Sneddon, Grace, Diamond, Chandlers, Arvisos and Bashir. But in those cases everybody seems to agree in their dislike for them.

Maybe if we had a separate "Vent" forum, so that people can take out their frustrations without ruining the rest of the forum. But there must be a rule for "absolutely no insulting or swearing" so that the arguments cannot go out of control.

real talk i want to say sorry for what i said in the other thread if i offended u fam

I have noticed on here recently that when a discussion is taking place and a difference of opinions are being voiced these words Negativity and bashing always seem to pop up. They usually appear when someone is frustrated with another members view on a subject being discussed and are used to try and make that person appear unreasonable. The idea that we should follow some kind of happiness code seems ridiculous, i believe if you feel strongly about a subject then you should have a right to voice your opinion without worrying if it sounds negative, this word is used by members as a tool to shut others up just like the word bashing is also used by members when losing an argument, is argument too negative a word, that could be used against me now. If a person is discussed such as Conrad Murray he gets called a murderer, people say they hate him even though we do not know all the facts yet if a comment is made about a member of the Jackson family which is known to be fact that will be called bashing. I guess what i am trying to say is can we just have debates discussions arguments what ever you want to call it with these words being used because they are just another form of name calling after all.

I couldn't have put it better myself! I agree with every point you just made.

Last edited:
I agree......

Not trying to start an argument......but a lot of the time, the frustration is caused by:
1.) Conspiracy Theories
2.) The Jackson Family (excluding Michael and his three children)
3.) Some of Michaels "Friends"

Of course fans are angry at people like Murray, Sneddon, Grace, Diamond, Chandlers, Arvisos and Bashir. But in those cases everybody seems to agree in their dislike for them.

Maybe if we had a separate "Vent" forum, so that people can take out their frustrations without ruining the rest of the forum. But there must be a rule for "absolutely no insulting or swearing" so that the arguments cannot go out of control.

Thats a good idea but my point wasn't that there should be somewhere to go and vent (which would be good) but that members shouldn't use the negativity or bashing line to try and put down others opinions.

i agree with your premise.

the code words are very clever, but the users of them, are in the same boat as whoever they use them against.

and i agree with your idea of a separate vent forum. i have seen, personally, where people who keep things in, have committed suicide. if venting helps the healing process, it's a good thing. and people who make people keep things inside, contribute to suicide of others who keep things in. yes, i'm blunt about it, from personal experience, and probably helping to save somebody's life, right now. so is this thread and the maker of it.

Last edited:
I have noticed these things over the years, although your example is not exactly fitting. It is my understanding that the rules of this forum with respect to MJ's family is that they are to be respected. It is also my understanding that this rule is typically enforced here, although other fanclub forums may have similar rules that may not be enforced as much.

But I would generally agree that if an opinion is not particularly popular, some people may say those things out of frustration.

Back