New MJ content (Possibility)

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Re: New MJ content?

In case anyone hasn't seen it:

So, we can see:

• CGYW (likely Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me)
  • Pressure
  • TL (B.B. MIX/14 Mix)
  • (W.H.Y.) Done to Me
  • Pain
  • So Beautiful
  • TYLA (likely Throwing Your Life Away)
  • Melody (OG Version)
  • Peace Cry
It's almost certainly fake, but I can't help but get excited. I'm hoping they choose the right route and do new music instead of concerts.

EDIT: I emailed the Online Team about this. Obviously they won't say "yeah, it's real," but hopefully their response will either (1) contain an outright denial, or (2) be one of those cryptic "we aren't confirming or denying anything" comments that implies it's real.

Last edited:

IMWhizzle

Proud Member

So, we can see:

• CGYW (likely Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me)
  • Pressure
  • TL (B.B. MIX/14 Mix)
  • (W.H.Y.) Done to Me
  • Pain
  • So Beautiful
  • TYLA (likely Throwing Your Life Away)
  • Melody (OG Version)
  • Peace Cry
It's almost certainly fake, but I can't help but get excited. I'm hoping they choose the right route and do new music instead of concerts.

EDIT: I emailed the Online Team about this. Obviously they won't say "yeah, it's real," but hopefully their response will either (1) contain an outright denial, or (2) be one of those cryptic "we aren't confirming or denying anything" comments that implies it's real.

Thanks for reaching out to the estate. I hope they will get back to you soon. I hope this is true.

Pentum

Proud Member

Should be a good time to release something refreshing in terms of music to stir away from the LN scandal IMO.

It's mind blowing we haven't seen a single officially released audio since Xscape

BadTour87

Proud Member

Should be a good time to release something refreshing in terms of music to stir away from the LN scandal IMO.

It's mind blowing we haven't seen a single officially released audio since Xscape

Unless you count Diamonds Are Invincible :laughing:

It's been about 6/7 years since Xscape released. so, yeah it's time for some new content. the estate said they got something for History 25. so, we may get something soon.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member

They were definitely planning on doing something before LN happened. There was talk of releasing singles every so often. I guess when LN came out they decided it was best not to.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member

This is so fake lol. They posted this

dkZ5tJJs_o.png

wonderouzmj

Proud Member

Again people... we had no idea "im so blue, free, cgywom & etc existed so....we might be in for a surprise if real

AlwaysThere

Proud Member

I'm absolutely reaching here, but assuming this is real, "Peace Cry" could be an accidental combination of titles -- "Pray for Peace" (which is registered with the US Copyright Office) and "Cry" (which was identified in his 1993 Mexico deposition).

But then again, it's probably not real, and my hunger for MJ music is just driving me crazy.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member

I'm absolutely reaching here, but assuming this is real, "Peace Cry" could be an accidental combination of titles -- "Pray for Peace" (which is registered with the US Copyright Office) and "Cry" (which was identified in his 1993 Mexico deposition).

But then again, it's probably not real, and my hunger for MJ music is just driving me crazy.

I think we'd all love for it to be real. But it's very easy to create something like this and I've seen it as a troll in other music communities I am part of lol.

Hess

Proud Member

^^^

50th Anniversary? - for what? His first soloalbum or?

I doubt this is true. But new music would be a blessing.

AdeZ

Proud Member

Dan

Proud Member

What happened with the Mark Ronson reworks that were supposed to be coming out?

Dan

Proud Member

Leaving Neverland happened.

Very true. Do we have any information on them, like what particular tracks they were? Were they to be "new songs" in the sense of, being new to the general public, like the "Xscape" album was. Was there an album, or just singles? Hopefully the tracks in this "leak" line up with the Mark Ronson stuff and they're gonna release new stuff. However, I highly doubt there's even a shred of truth to this.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member

I think Mark would do well, but I'm not so sure about him actually working on stuff recently. It seemed like he was going to be doing some remixes to me.

AmitLal92

Proud Member

Mark Ronson shared this post on Instagram in August 2018 and its still there. "Unreleased MJ coming soon" & we were supposed to hear an extended version of the remix he did but neither ever happened.. https://www.instagram.com/p/BnEPorCnC0N/?igshid=r363jpuwrqmh
Very true. Do we have any information on them, like what particular tracks they were? Were they to be "new songs" in the sense of, being new to the general public, like the "Xscape" album was. Was there an album, or just singles? Hopefully the tracks in this "leak" line up with the Mark Ronson stuff and they're gonna release new stuff. However, I highly doubt there's even a shred of truth to this.

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member

The estate should seriously release "weve had enough" it is so poignant more than ever nowadays and could be an anthem for the pandemic etc what we are going through now.

Dan

Proud Member

The estate should seriously release "weve had enough" it is so poignant more than ever nowadays and could be an anthem for the pandemic etc what we are going through now.

I 100% agree. That song would've been No. 1 for weeks.

anything like bad25 and xscape i'm all in for. in my opinion those were the best things the estate did music wise since michael passing.

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member

Bumped this so anybody who is interested can see what Casey Rain says about possible new material. Maybe the estate has some new singles coming.

Omg I really wish that the estate had a christmas song to bring to the world right now! How soothing that would be and I am sure he recorded one.

AmitLal92

Proud Member

Casey Rain's article was great but its just an opinion piece and nothing to do with the estate so don't get your hopes up.

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member

Casey says he has heard hot fun! Not just an opinion, plus he talks about the other titles of songs that are near enough finished.
Mark Ronson rumours are featured also.
Like I said maybe the estate are working on something even if it's just singles for now.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member

Yet again, I have zero faith that this guy is telling the truth, but the crazed fan part of my brain is thinking, "What if it's an engineer, or a musician, or a disgruntled Estate-contracted participant who's leaking info and disguising his identity by being cryptic?"

Likely? No. But damn it, I need new Michael Jackson music.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member

Very much doubt it's real, can't see the estate releasing unheard music on a compilation as described here. They've already shown that they want to release the stuff remixed.

Nite Line

Proud Member

As this is the Christmas season, I wish the Estate would release that Christmas song that MJ worked on. Even if that song is incomplete, they can also release some other unreleased song and give it a Christmas feel. Christmas is about love. Surely there must a be a a love and romantic song in the vault with complete or almost complete vocals. They can give that song a Christmas sound and release it during the Christmas season.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member

As this is the Christmas season, I wish the Estate would release that Christmas song that MJ worked on. Even if that song is incomplete, they can also release some other unreleased song and give it a Christmas feel. Christmas is about love. Surely there must a be a a love and romantic song in the vault with complete or almost complete vocals. They can give that song a Christmas sound and release it during the Christmas season.

Pretty sure there's no vocals on that song.

Dan

Proud Member

Christmas song?

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member

That's very interesting about the Christmas song, I think that was the same time that Liz Taylor brought Michael Christmas presents and decorated Neverland with him, they had false snow as well to get in the mood.

Bobi MJ

Proud Member

None of the unreleased tracks I want to hear are on the list. Only ''Get Your Weight Off Of Me''.

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member

Your meaning that's what you think. I wish Travis would come back he was so *spot on* with his knowledge of unreleased tracks and there actual status. I remember him saying Michael had laid down vocals for a Christmas song.
Look in thread *was their an album planned after invincible*

AmitLal92

Proud Member

I remember reading somewhere that the song was called "Christmas Star" from Home Alone and only a children's choir was recorded. It wasn't intended for a release.
Your meaning that's what you think. I wish Travis would come back he was so *spot on* with his knowledge of unreleased tracks and there actual status. I remember him saying Michael had laid down vocals for a Christmas song.
Look in thread *was their an album planned after invincible*

L.T.D

Proud Member

I remember reading somewhere that the song was called "Christmas Star" from Home Alone and only a children's choir was recorded. It wasn't intended for a release.

You're joking......I love that song from Home Alone 2.

thiron

I was in the Brad seminar where he showed a video of the decorated studio. Brad said Michael didn't record any vocals for the christmas song.

Hess

Proud Member

So sad MJ didn't record vocals. I love Christmas and I sure would love a MJ Christmas song. - the J5 christmas album is great.

TheThrillerGuy

These songs weren't on the list of unreleased songs that Michael wrote and/or recorded. And I've spent years reading that list, and the titles seem off lol.

Eddlicious

Proud Member

If there's a posthumous song being reworked by Max Martin with a Weeknd feature, then it just might be Michael's 14th number one hit.

Galactus123

Proud Member

LA 1989 will never, ever be released because of James Safechuck.
They should just edit him out. Maybe remove the part when Bad starts again or end it after Michael introduces the band. They can just cut to the crowd or something and we hear the song end.

Khaled

Proud Member

I like The Weeknd , it would be cool if that happened i guess the collab for a track from 80's too like J.T's LNFSG

DanGerouS-

Proud Member

waiting for the estate to ruin this aswell.
sorry for being negative, lol. but its the worst estate for the greatest entertainer.

(hoping for the best still..)

Pentum

Proud Member

Can't they just release a new song soon, damn it. Just one, where he rocks your socks off with his great vocals. Doesn't the Estate want some money? Surely, it's costing them some with all these lawsuits.

Times are horrible, boring and frustrating these days, and we haven't had a proper single song release in years. Why is it so damn hard to light up a nice little project for one single song.

Nite Line

Proud Member

I won't mind a Weeknd collaboration. I am not a fan of his, but I don't dislike him either. And having Weeknd would definitely give MJ another top 10 hit, maybe even a number 1. My only hope is that MJ is singing most of the vocals in the song.

Hess

Proud Member

I really hope something new is coming.

A single release with MJ featuring Weeknd would be great.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member

Still don't know how to feel about the whole tacking another artists onto a song. If it's complete enough to release on its own then it should be released with just him. I don't really care about him getting a number one and it just stinks of the estate not having confidence in MJ.

elusive moonwalker

Proud Member

Can't they just release a new song soon, damn it. Just one, where he rocks your socks off with his great vocals. Doesn't the Estate want some money? Surely, it's costing them some with all these lawsuits.
--------
The real money is made from mj one etc.imo not from releasing the odd song

Doggone

Proud Member

The Weeknd usually hints at new projects through his IG and Twitter. When I saw him posting pictures of Michael and Frank DiLeo I was losing my shit. I love Michael very much, and sure do I love The Weeknd as well. When his new album was coming out he teased us as well. The same with Super Bowl. So maybeeee, maybeeee there will be a new song featuring The Weeknd. I don't want to have big hope, but I really hope this is true.

DanGerouS-

Proud Member

lol, if its really for superbowl...:

my expectations:
- unheard MJ vocals
- unheard uptempo song
- not from the 80s, but from late 90s / 2000s
- post 2005 plz?

what will happen (thanks to the lazy estate):
- use a known song (ie. like "Jam" or anything from Thriller)
- weeknd sings 90% of the known song, MJ on hook
- re-use the "Jam" superbowl performance
- MJ appears on screens (background), while weeknd is on stage. -> hype enough for the estate!

the weeknd got a rival. look at bts what they doing with michael the past months. i think alot people miss out what happen last night. i feel if the weeknd gonna do anything he needs to wait awhile because bts really been kicking people butts. whatever you like them or not.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member

lol, if its really for superbowl...:

my expectations:
- unheard MJ vocals
- unheard uptempo song
- not from the 80s, but from late 90s / 2000s
- post 2005 plz?

what will happen (thanks to the lazy estate):
- use a known song (ie. like "Jam" or anything from Thriller)
- weeknd sings 90% of the known song, MJ on hook
- re-use the "Jam" superbowl performance
- MJ appears on screens (background), while weeknd is on stage. -> hype enough for the estate!

You think they hired The Weeknd to cover an already-released song and sing the majority of the vocals? Come on. Even for all the anti-Estate mumbo jumbo, that's absolutely ridiculous. I could see this happening if it was a "Don't Matter to Me" situation and The Weeknd was given one of the songs that was never finished, but if it's for MJ's album, it will likely be similar to "Love Never Felt So Good" -- MJ's the lead, The Weeknd is the feature.

AmitLal92

Proud Member

Was there a reason why he was posting MJ pics or was it just random post? This could be a hint.
The Weeknd usually hints at new projects through his IG and Twitter. When I saw him posting pictures of Michael and Frank DiLeo I was losing my shit. I love Michael very much, and sure do I love The Weeknd as well. When his new album was coming out he teased us as well. The same with Super Bowl. So maybeeee, maybeeee there will be a new song featuring The Weeknd. I don't want to have big hope, but I really hope this is true.

Top Bottom