New MJ content (Possibility)

Eleonora74

Proud Member
Naturally SONY will deny any project before they officially announce it. They can deny everything today - and announce a new album tomorrow.

That's how it works. They can't tell fans about planned projects before they announce them...

I am very sure SONY is involved with a project at the moment. - They are just not ready to share yet.

Ele

Last edited:

Smooth72

Proud Member
IÂ’m sure something will be released in the fall for build up to the Broadway show. Maybe the music that goes along with it. Not sure I would purchase it. I wouldnÂ’t be surprised if they released the remastered Thriller video for Halloween. They like to play it safe and that would be as safe as it gets. When in doubt put out Thriller.

Eleonora74

Proud Member
Anyway, not to question Ele’s sources, but I also don’t think that Sony would just outright say, “Yeah we’ve got an album planned for this fall.”

Ele

Last edited:

dam2040

Proud Member
Its depends who are your sources and what's your job.

BTW, as i said, we'll see if things we'll change.

Ele

I’ve had someone with “sources” tell me that the Estate do in fact have something on the way, and not just a crap merch collection on the official store.

So, thereÂ’s that.

Zakk

Proud Member
When it was revealed that their are some "surprises" on the way, Branca revealed three things: Musical/Cirque and "Surprises" with the Musical and Cirque now officially announced with dates, surely the next announcement will be whatever "surprises" they have in store for us...

IMWhizzle

Proud Member
When it was revealed that their are some "surprises" on the way, Branca revealed three things: Musical/Cirque and "Surprises" with the Musical and Cirque now officially announced with dates, surely the next announcement will be whatever "surprises" they have in store for us...

Keep your expectations as low as possible.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Are there any credible rumours about the Estate releasing anything this year?

dam2040 is the most credible person to have posted in this thread thus far. WeÂ’ve only spoken a few times, but heÂ’s very kind and trustworthy, so if his sources say something IÂ’m inclined to believe it.

Other than that, all we have is Branca’s vague reference to “surprises” this year. Take that as you will.

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member
dam2040 is the most credible person to have posted in this thread thus far. WeÂ’ve only spoken a few times, but heÂ’s very kind and trustworthy, so if his sources say something IÂ’m inclined to believe it.

Other than that, all we have is Branca’s vague reference to “surprises” this year. Take that as you will.

Thanks mate I'll have to keep an eye out.
Your move Dam2040 😉

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
I have zero interest in live concerts as it is, much less soundboard audio from a show where Michael isn't at his best. It's nice that those who want it are getting it, but I don't really see the appeal.

Now, rehearsal audio/video? THAT I can get behind. I wish we could get a better quality source for the Dangerous tour rehearsals. Michael's vocals are absolutely unreal, and hearing him sing "Black or White" and "Man in the Mirror" live is a trip.

dam2040

Proud Member

Ah, thank you! It was only a message or two about something is coming & the estate have been incredibly selective shall we say because of the negative feedback from projects. Who knows.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Ah, thank you! It was only a message or two about something is coming & the estate have been incredibly selective shall we say because of the negative feedback from projects. Who knows.

ThatÂ’s honestly very comforting to hear! I know I am more inclined to be forgiving towards the estate than others, but honestly IÂ’d rather have one phenomenal project every 4-5 years than mediocre ones annually. HereÂ’s hoping!

dam2040

Proud Member
ThatÂ’s honestly very comforting to hear! I know I am more inclined to be forgiving towards the estate than others, but honestly IÂ’d rather have one phenomenal project every 4-5 years than mediocre ones annually. HereÂ’s hoping!

Yes - me too. I often find myself agreeing with your stance on the Estate on here.

somewhereinthedark

Proud Member
That’s honestly very comforting to hear! I know I am more inclined to be forgiving towards the estate than others, but honestly I’d rather have one phenomenal project every 4-5 years than mediocre ones annually. Here’s hoping!

I agree. I’ve always thought and expressed that. I don’t have to have an album released every month. I like the things the Estate has done so far-Immortal TOur, One, Xscape album, Halloween Special, etc. I am so glad that the MJ Estate is doing things that no other estate is doing and not just releasing albums. Of course, I would love and appreciate album releases; however, not just for the sake of releasing them. IMO, the projects that the Estate have released are things that Michael would have approved. I find the strategy exciting; albeit frustrating because we always want MORE.

securityplease

Proud Member
not sure if you guys have seen it but on twitter someone posted a picture of 3 papers which says "HISTORY " buried untold, beyond - book 2" which has songs such as beat boy featuring the weeknd and lots of unreleased songs, and the most surprising one, a song which has paris jackson featured on it. what do you guys think?

Victor

Proud Member
Saw this on Twitter...

E5-Dd-WEi-XMAI-qf-W.jpg

lubyss

Proud Member
Saw this on Twitter...

E5-Dd-WEi-XMAI-qf-W.jpg

OMG.. can You imagine a 7 min long version of WHE after Darkchild went back on it? I have to agree, that one is the best written there... Also On the other side there is CGYWOOM and more newer songs... Would it be a compilation of some unreleased songs and released ones in the new coat, new mixes and instrumentation, different vocal takes? Hell yeah I am on the board for this...

Wickedddd

Proud Member
IF (and that’s a big IF) this is reliable then we’re in for a treat - I spot ‘duet with Paris Jackson’, ‘Beatles cover’, a will.i.am collab, and features with Ciara, Björk, The Weeknd. Sounds too good to be true.

Not sure about that proposed name by the way - History: Buried, Untold and Beyond

rolerprod

Proud Member
bjork? ciara? more akon? paris?
sis what? sounds like a Ty Dolla Sign album but with cheaper features
no thank you.
i for sure don't think this is real but if it is real im going to start dragging the estate like all you all

AdamBa17

Proud Member
If it is real, I'm not impressed anyway. I don't want music that Michael never signed off on. I refuse to listen to any of the "music" released since his death as it's other average artists/producers trying to create what they think MJ would approve of. But they're not him, and could never reach his level of excellence.

I wish we could just get more stuff that he did himself whilst he was alive...

Anna

Staff
That’s honestly very comforting to hear! I know I am more inclined to be forgiving towards the estate than others, but honestly I’d rather have one phenomenal project every 4-5 years than mediocre ones annually. Here’s hoping!

The only thing anywhere close to "phenomenal" that the Estate has done is the Cirque show.

Zakk

Proud Member
The only way I can see this being real is if 'Shut Up & Dance' has been included solely as an instrumental piece. I like the concept of a HIStory Book II.. perhaps a variation on The Ultimate Collection would be better though? Certainly more possibilities, also wouldn't require completed unreleased tracks as base content.. could also include demo recordings/work tapes etc.

Smooth72

Proud Member
The problem with all the song titles, we donÂ’t really have factual information on what was recorded. MJ could have secretly recorded songs with producers we have zero idea about. Not everyone was willing to hand things over to the Estate, over time they may have changed their minds. I have always had a gut feeling that there is much more out there that we do not know about. Wishful thinking anyways but why not?

securityplease

Proud Member
The only way I can see this being real is if 'Shut Up & Dance' has been included solely as an instrumental piece. I like the concept of a HIStory Book II.. perhaps a variation on The Ultimate Collection would be better though? Certainly more possibilities, also wouldn't require completed unreleased tracks as base content.. could also include demo recordings/work tapes etc.

please y'all actually think y'all know everything about his unreleased music 💀 just wait and see

michael555

Proud Member
HIStory feat Austin Brown hahaha, if the estate would have ever wanted any new posthumous duet, i'd doubt they would do it with his nephew tbh, furthermore with that song? Not so sure haha (yeah but still we had Hollywood Tonight i know)

king_of_style

Proud Member
I don't get why the listing says "Unbreakable (feat. The Notorious B.I.G.) and then says in the notes that they took his rap feature out and replaced it with some spoken news clips interlude. Also Biggie's rap feature on "Unbreakable" was undoubtedly the strongest feature on the entire Invincible album.

Hess

Proud Member
I actually like the idea of a HIStory - Book II

I am affraid this is fake. - But seriously, who would ever spent so much time on making 3 pages up just to play with a small group of MJ fans??
No matter what - these notes has taken a long time to write - so if it is just some loser with too much time, it's really sad.

I hope very much this is true. Sounds interesting.

Pentum

Proud Member
I actually like the idea of a HIStory - Book II

I am affraid this is fake. - But seriously, who would ever spent so much time on making 3 pages up just to play with a small group of MJ fans??
No matter what - these notes has taken a long time to write - so if it is just some loser with too much time, it's really sad.

I hope very much this is true. Sounds interesting.
I could write these notes in 20 minutes and make them way more believable and realistic

Zakk

Proud Member
Their is definitely something on the way, I'm not being overly optimistic.. but with all these rumours we have seen from different directions.. a couple of verified news sources from different countries and even a Teaser from the co-exec of the Estate.. unless something has radically changed and they couldn't work out SOMETHING to put out for #MJ50 I'd be shocked if SOMETHING isn't revealed in due course.. September is looking positive for us, maybe before? They clearly know if they announce too early.. their would be too much time for us to dissect every aspect.. maybe they're still working on the last elements of promotion? I'm ready for content, but as ever.. let's see ;)

Hess

Proud Member
And - I would prefer if it was MJ solo. - I do like Love Never Felt So Good witt JT - but a duet is just a little less MJ, so if they only release 1 single, plese let it be MJ solo - or at least release both versions, duet and solo - like they did with LNFSG.

Korgnex

Proud Member
Saw this on Twitter...

E5-Dd-WEi-XMAI-qf-W.jpg

This is a HOAX / FORGERY.

But seriously, who would ever spent so much time on making 3 pages up just to play with a small group of MJ fans??

Never underestimate the malice of such people. Some people can lie easily and very often in their life.

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member
Not heard anything from Travis for every long time. I remember when they where called something else in the other forum! They gave upto date info on how This is it shows where progressing etc.i would not be surprised if they where connected to the band or arrangers etc.
I really hope the estate goes with the 1 single at a time and do some good short films to go with them.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
I'm really not sure what the next unreleased music related project will look like. I know the original plan was one-off singles, but that was almost three years ago. And now with Prince involved as a creative consultant, who knows?

Honestly, while I'd be happy with one-off singles, I love full albums. As long as the unheard-to-leaked ratio is a little more evened out (I don't want another XSCAPE situation), I'll be happy.

Hess

Proud Member
I would say if the album has 9 songs - it would not matter to me if 3-4 of them are leaked songs.

I Was the Loser/I am a Loser - would love to hear that in a final state. Such a great song.
TYLA - might have potential if finalized respectfully

And on a special edition they could add Price of Fame and We've Had Enough in new updated versions.

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member
If the estate does have an album coming out I just hope they do the same as Bruno/silk sonic and release a single , promote as much as they can everywhere and then let it just to quote Michael! *Sizzle* and make everybody hungry for the next one until a few are released then put the album out but really promote those 2 or 3 singles along with album.
It's much harder when it's a posthumous project but given that Michael's spirit in his Son will be creating this I have high Hope's if this is happening.
I am sure Prince will want to make sure this project honours his Dad in a huge way both commercially and in the creative way producing excellence.

Pentum

Proud Member
If the estate does have an album coming out I just hope they do the same as Bruno/silk sonic and release a single , promote as much as they can everywhere and then let it just to quote Michael! *Sizzle* and make everybody hungry for the next one until a few are released then put the album out but really promote those 2 or 3 singles along with album.
It's much harder when it's a posthumous project but given that Michael's spirit in his Son will be creating this I have high Hope's if this is happening.
I am sure Prince will want to make sure this project honours his Dad in a huge way both commercially and in the creative way producing excellence.
A similar approach to Sonic Silk would be cool. Just not wait that long. I am already tired and no longer hyped for anything more after they dropped the first single. They are taking too long

dam2040

Proud Member
According with our communications with MJJProductions at that time, HIStory Book II was already planned after the 1st one (HIStory BOOK, Past, Present and Future BOOK I) and then cancelled.

The pandemic situation in 2020 stopped the HIStory celebration ready for that period, so an HIStory Book II "could be" a good idea, but there's nothing at the moment on table.

Ele

I know different. In fact I know the complete opposite.

dam2040

Proud Member
No. Because we know what we've done in the past with mjjproductions and our communications with them (referring to HIS-II planned after HIS-I).
And no, because I'm not saying things opposite to you. I said an HIStory II release "could be" a good thing. Meanwhile, what I previously said is that, at the moment, Sony executives told us nothing is on the table about a record-release soon. Not me, them.

What's interesting is the fact we all are waiting something for the 50th anniversary of MJ music. Hoping something will happen. :winkv1:

Ele

Sure. You said it's not on the table. I've been told otherwise. Nothing to do with it being good or not. I really don't know how accurate my 'source' (if you can even call it that lol) is, I'm just putting out there what I've been told.

But again, this goes back to the same story. Why would a Sony exec admit to a fan they are working on a project?

securityplease

Proud Member
Sure. You said it's not on the table. I've been told otherwise. Nothing to do with it being good or not. I really don't know how accurate my 'source' (if you can even call it that lol) is, I'm just putting out there what I've been told.

But again, this goes back to the same story. Why would a Sony exec admit to a fan they are working on a project?

who is your source? also i agree, sony wouldn't tell us anything before they release something, i'm not sure but wasn't xscape also unexpected?

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Any HIStory project worries me. If it celebrates the album, great. If it includes new music, even better. But IÂ’m genuinely terrified that Branca will stay true to his word and release the HIStory tour, which would be the third-worst possible thing the Estate could do in my eyes (behind releasing more Cascio tracks and releasing the 30th anniversary show).

IÂ’ll wait to see what happens, but this is definitely a cause for concern.

Eleonora74

Proud Member
Any HIStory project worries me. If it celebrates the album, great. If it includes new music, even better. But I’m genuinely terrified that Branca will stay true to his word and release the HIStory tour, which would be the third-worst possible thing the Estate could do in my eyes (behind releasing more Cascio tracks and releasing the 30th anniversary show).

I’ll wait to see what happens, but this is definitely a cause for concern.

Ele

Last edited:

Robbsaber01

Proud Member
Any HIStory project worries me. If it celebrates the album, great. If it includes new music, even better. But I’m genuinely terrified that Branca will stay true to his word and release the HIStory tour, which would be the third-worst possible thing the Estate could do in my eyes (behind releasing more Cascio tracks and releasing the 30th anniversary show).

Agreed lol a new doc would be nice for that era though. Dangerous & history deserve docs just as much as OTF and Bad imo. No munich please.

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member
When I met Michael in Prague he had plans for the making of HIStory in the road with Michael Jackson i would love it if this is what the estate is thinking of releasing ! I loved that first leg of that tour. I still think that people would love to see him perform Live.

Anna

Staff
Reminder:

The following posts, signatures, and/or behaviors are NOT allowed on MJJCommunity:

21. Posting links on threads or in signatures to promote or link to competing Michael Jackson forums or websites. Do not promote other Michael Jackson fan clubs, fan sites, forums, multimedia websites, podcasts, et cetera, through the threads, signatures, and/or profiles or by any other means on MJJC. You may post links to personal blogs or social media accounts like YouTube. If you are unsure whether a link is permitted or not, please feel free to post in the Help and Information Center or private message (PM) a staff member. MJJC staff will decide whether or not a link is permitted.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member

Pretty sure the last time Branca was asked about a HIStory concert release he implied that it wasn't happening and said that they know it didn't show MJ at his best.

Eleonora74

Proud Member
Reminder:

The following posts, signatures, and/or behaviors are NOT allowed on MJJCommunity:

21. Posting links on threads or in signatures to promote or link to competing Michael Jackson forums or websites. Do not promote other Michael Jackson fan clubs, fan sites, forums, multimedia websites, podcasts, et cetera, through the threads, signatures, and/or profiles or by any other means on MJJC. You may post links to personal blogs or social media accounts like YouTube. If you are unsure whether a link is permitted or not, please feel free to post in the Help and Information Center or private message (PM) a staff member. MJJC staff will decide whether or not a link is permitted.

"Competing"???
I suppose we're all mj fans.
BTW, I've removed my signature. No problem at all.

Ele

Mikky Dee

Staff
"Competing"???
I suppose we're all mj fans.
BTW, I've removed my signature. No problem at all.

Yes we are all MJ fans, but we would rather keep our members communicating here on MJJC as we have done, since the 2000s, than clicking on links to other sites. Thank you for your co-operation.

Mikky Dee

Staff
Pretty sure the last time Branca was asked about a HIStory concert release he implied that it wasn't happening and said that they know it didn't show MJ at his best.

Yep. What he has actually alluded to, several times, is a documentary-style treatment for the HIStory Tour.
Perhaps in the same vein as "The Dangerous Diaries", only better.

Mikky Dee

Staff
There's not too much "community spirit" in this.
But i'm just a guest here. It's ok.

That's funny. Your comment kind of signifies that it's not okay. Rules are rules - they are the same for everyone and you are clearly not a guest, you are a member now. Please refrain from using an argumentative tone in threads. It's not necessary at all.

AdamBa17

Proud Member
Sorry but do you know what a back track is? I have been told we have a history release coming. Ele has been told the opposite. There is a chance we are both wrong.
First you said "I know for definite what's happening" and then a post or two later you said "I really don't know how accurate my 'source' (if you can even call it that lol) is"

To me it's obvious you know as much I do (sweet f.a.) but carry on if you please

kai

Ok, here is the thing.

To show the history in cinemas and releasing it on BD/DVD is a good idea IF
- they look for multitracks with MJs vocals on (his mic probably still recorded his live vox behind the playback)
- use those vocals instead of all the playback songs. Maybe make at least 60 % of the show sung live.
- choose a concert from the early dates in 1996
- put missing songs as bonus
- make sure its at least near HD.
- don not use Munich 97 at all (or just include it as a bonus)

Problem:

I don't think they will do any of this so the project might be already screwed.
If they do release Munich 97 society will always remember MJ as KOP = King Of Playback

sorry.. but just being honest.

DanGerouS-

Proud Member
they could also use live vocals ( if recorded) and fix them afterwards.... like they did on TII with human nature. they used autotune / melodyne there, right?

i'd prefer untouched vocals anyday, but please no playback...

dam2040

Proud Member
First you said "I know for definite what's happening" and then a post or two later you said "I really don't know how accurate my 'source' (if you can even call it that lol) is"

To me it's obvious you know as much I do (sweet f.a.) but carry on if you please

I *actually* said I knew the complete opposite as to what Ele was being told. Because thatÂ’s what I have been told. I also said that I donÂ’t know how accurate this source is. None of this is for definite.

I will carry on anyway, but thank you for your permission.

AdamBa17

Proud Member
I *actually* said I knew the complete opposite as to what Ele was being told. Because thatÂ’s what I have been told. I also said that I donÂ’t know how accurate this source is. None of this is for definite.

I will carry on anyway, but thank you for your permission.
Ok maybe English isn't your first language because you don't "know" anything, you've just "heard" something. That's miles apart.
I personally don't understand what thrill people get by pretending to be an authority and an "insider" on an internet forum to people who they don't know in real life but have fun. At the end of the day you're just giving people false hope and letting them down if you're not being honest. Until the estate announce something nobody will believe anything you say anyway

lubyss

Proud Member
If they do release Munich 97 society will always remember MJ as KOP = King Of Playback

sorry.. but just being honest.

Maybe you are honest... but I would rather society to remember MJ for King of Playback (which is actually true... and Janet is the queen :D but she at least re-records her vocals on every tour... ) than to remember Mj for can´t singing... Just listen to the first verse of Scream in Brunei... It is the first song so he should be in 100% energy in the dancing and with the vocals... Those vocals sounds like he would be singing and dancing for 5 hours :D :D

dam2040

Proud Member
Ok maybe English isn't your first language because you don't "know" anything, you've just "heard" something. That's miles apart.
I personally don't understand what thrill people get by pretending to be an authority and an "insider" on an internet forum to people who they don't know in real life but have fun. At the end of the day you're just giving people false hope and letting them down if you're not being honest. Until the estate announce something nobody will believe anything you say anyway

Haha, wow, who upset you?! Gosh.

I'm not pretending to be anything. When I got the Lovely Way snippet did I pretend it was mine? No. Did I not share it with all of the fans only to be mocked and harrassed? I was open and honest about the whole thing and again, got relentlessly harrassed for it. Great.

You are correct - I don't 'know' 100% what is happening. I just know what I've been told. I never said it was accurate. I'm not pretending to be an insider giving dates etc. I was told one thing and shared it. I said that it might not be true. Because no one knows.

I don't care if you believe me. I only share what I've been told.

In trying to find things out and get these songs, I have seen a very ugly side of MJs fandom. I empathise with everyone at the Estate because I would not want that job.

Nite Line

Proud Member
Any HIStory project worries me. If it celebrates the album, great. If it includes new music, even better. But IÂ’m genuinely terrified that Branca will stay true to his word and release the HIStory tour, which would be the third-worst possible thing the Estate could do in my eyes (behind releasing more Cascio tracks and releasing the 30th anniversary show).

IÂ’ll wait to see what happens, but this is definitely a cause for concern.

Instead of releasing History Tour, they should release rehearsals for that tour instead, as that would be far more interesting than any history tour concert and we will likely get more live vocals.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member
When it comes to the whole using MJ's live vocals from HIStory concerts, there's no way that he was actually putting effort into singing the songs when nobody was hearing it lol.

Top Bottom