New MJ content (Possibility)

Dan

Proud Member
Re: New MJ content?

What happened with the Mark Ronson reworks that were supposed to be coming out?

Dan

Proud Member

Leaving Neverland happened.

Very true. Do we have any information on them, like what particular tracks they were? Were they to be "new songs" in the sense of, being new to the general public, like the "Xscape" album was. Was there an album, or just singles? Hopefully the tracks in this "leak" line up with the Mark Ronson stuff and they're gonna release new stuff. However, I highly doubt there's even a shred of truth to this.

Smooth72

Proud Member
Dan;4308098 said:
Very true. Do we have any information on them, like what particular tracks they were? Were they to be "new songs" in the sense of, being new to the general public, like the "Xscape" album was. Was there an album, or just singles? Hopefully the tracks in this "leak" line up with the Mark Ronson stuff and they're gonna release new stuff. However, I highly doubt there's even a shred of truth to this.

Hopefully something will come soon. I don’t think Mark Robson is the right producer for new MJ material.

Victor

Proud Member
Smooth72;4308106 said:
I don’t think Mark Robson is the right producer for new MJ material.

How so? I think he is great! :)
If you were to pick a producer to "lead" and produce the next MJ album, who would you pick?

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member

I think Mark would do well, but I'm not so sure about him actually working on stuff recently. It seemed like he was going to be doing some remixes to me.

Smooth72

Proud Member
Victor;4308107 said:
How so? I think he is great! :)
If you were to pick a producer to "lead" and produce the next MJ album, who would you pick?

Maybe Fineous O’connel or Rick Rubin. Someone different. I think they need to think outside the box.

AmitLal92

Proud Member

Mark Ronson shared this post on Instagram in August 2018 and its still there. "Unreleased MJ coming soon" & we were supposed to hear an extended version of the remix he did but neither ever happened.. https://www.instagram.com/p/BnEPorCnC0N/?igshid=r363jpuwrqmh

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member

The estate should seriously release "weve had enough" it is so poignant more than ever nowadays and could be an anthem for the pandemic etc what we are going through now.

Dan

Proud Member

The estate should seriously release "weve had enough" it is so poignant more than ever nowadays and could be an anthem for the pandemic etc what we are going through now.

I 100% agree. That song would've been No. 1 for weeks.

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member
Last edited:

NatureCriminal7896

anything like bad25 and xscape i'm all in for. in my opinion those were the best things the estate did music wise since michael passing.

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member

Bumped this so anybody who is interested can see what Casey Rain says about possible new material. Maybe the estate has some new singles coming.

Omg I really wish that the estate had a christmas song to bring to the world right now! How soothing that would be and I am sure he recorded one.

AmitLal92

Proud Member

Casey Rain's article was great but its just an opinion piece and nothing to do with the estate so don't get your hopes up.

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member

Casey says he has heard hot fun! Not just an opinion, plus he talks about the other titles of songs that are near enough finished.
Mark Ronson rumours are featured also.
Like I said maybe the estate are working on something even if it's just singles for now.

AmitLal92

Proud Member
Yes he’s heard some material like Hot Fun etc but that was around 2014 when the song was considered for Xscape. Theres no concrete info that new music is coming apart from a random tweet but I hope the estate is working on something for release in 2021.