New MJ content (Possibility)

Snek

Proud Member
For what it's worth, this guy is still going :laughing:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">May include spoken interludes recorded during the HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I sessions.</p>&mdash; Greatest Artists Of All Time (@greatestartists) <a href="https://twitter.com/greatestartists/status/1323150428180258817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Re: New MJ content?

Yet again, I have zero faith that this guy is telling the truth, but the crazed fan part of my brain is thinking, "What if it's an engineer, or a musician, or a disgruntled Estate-contracted participant who's leaking info and disguising his identity by being cryptic?"

Likely? No. But damn it, I need new Michael Jackson music.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member

Very much doubt it's real, can't see the estate releasing unheard music on a compilation as described here. They've already shown that they want to release the stuff remixed.

IMWhizzle

Proud Member
It’s so sad that we all crave new music, hearing his magic and being mesmerized by his voice again, but we lost hope with so many diss appointments because of the estate.

It’s almost tragic that Michael’s legacy is being treated like this. Music first!

Nite Line

Proud Member

As this is the Christmas season, I wish the Estate would release that Christmas song that MJ worked on. Even if that song is incomplete, they can also release some other unreleased song and give it a Christmas feel. Christmas is about love. Surely there must a be a a love and romantic song in the vault with complete or almost complete vocals. They can give that song a Christmas sound and release it during the Christmas season.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member

As this is the Christmas season, I wish the Estate would release that Christmas song that MJ worked on. Even if that song is incomplete, they can also release some other unreleased song and give it a Christmas feel. Christmas is about love. Surely there must a be a a love and romantic song in the vault with complete or almost complete vocals. They can give that song a Christmas sound and release it during the Christmas season.

Pretty sure there's no vocals on that song.

Dan

Proud Member

Christmas song?

AlwaysThere

Proud Member

I believe Brad Sundberg said there's only a children's choir on the Christmas song.

mj_frenzy

Proud Member
About the Christmas song that has been mentioned above, Michael Jackson&#8217;s long-term contract with Sony (in 1991) stipulated that he had to release also a Christmas album in the following years.

But the Chandler accusations in 1993 put a premature end to these plans for a Christmas album.

Michael Jackson in the following year (1994) entered the studio and he did record one Christmas song with a children&#8217;s choir (it was actually a duet with his then-wife Lisa Marie Presley).

He was even wearing his wedding ring while he was recording his vocals on that Christmas song.

Also, for that particular studio session, he also demanded the entire studio to be decorated in a Christmas mood (Christmas lights, lighted tree, candles, angels, etc).

Brad Sundberg has already showed in his seminars some video snippets of that 1994 Christmas studio session.

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member

That's very interesting about the Christmas song, I think that was the same time that Liz Taylor brought Michael Christmas presents and decorated Neverland with him, they had false snow as well to get in the mood.

AmitLal92

Proud Member
Sadly Michael didn't record vocals on it. I'm sure we would have heard it by now if it did.
mj_frenzy;4308820 said:
About the Christmas song that has been mentioned above, Michael Jackson&#8217;s long-term contract with Sony (in 1991) stipulated that he had to release also a Christmas album in the following years.

But the Chandler accusations in 1993 put a premature end to these plans for a Christmas album.

Michael Jackson in the following year (1994) entered the studio and he did record one Christmas song with a children&#8217;s choir (it was actually a duet with his then-wife Lisa Marie Presley).

He was even wearing his wedding ring while he was recording his vocals on that Christmas song.

Also, for that particular studio session, he also demanded the entire studio to be decorated in a Christmas mood (Christmas lights, lighted tree, candles, angels, etc).

Brad Sundberg has already showed in his seminars some video snippets of that 1994 Christmas studio session.

Bobi MJ

Proud Member

None of the unreleased tracks I want to hear are on the list. Only ''Get Your Weight Off Of Me''.

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member

Your meaning that's what you think. I wish Travis would come back he was so *spot on* with his knowledge of unreleased tracks and there actual status. I remember him saying Michael had laid down vocals for a Christmas song.
Look in thread *was their an album planned after invincible*

AmitLal92

Proud Member

I remember reading somewhere that the song was called "Christmas Star" from Home Alone and only a children's choir was recorded. It wasn't intended for a release.
Your meaning that's what you think. I wish Travis would come back he was so *spot on* with his knowledge of unreleased tracks and there actual status. I remember him saying Michael had laid down vocals for a Christmas song.
Look in thread *was their an album planned after invincible*

L.T.D

Proud Member

I remember reading somewhere that the song was called "Christmas Star" from Home Alone and only a children's choir was recorded. It wasn't intended for a release.

You're joking......I love that song from Home Alone 2.

thiron

Proud Member

I was in the Brad seminar where he showed a video of the decorated studio. Brad said Michael didn't record any vocals for the christmas song.

Hess

Proud Member

So sad MJ didn't record vocals. I love Christmas and I sure would love a MJ Christmas song. - the J5 christmas album is great.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
I think an adult Michael Jackson Christmas album would’ve been incredible. Imagine him singing holiday classics with Bad or Dangerous era vocals. I’d buy every copy.

TheThrillerGuy

Proud Member

These songs weren't on the list of unreleased songs that Michael wrote and/or recorded. And I've spent years reading that list, and the titles seem off lol.

AmitLal92

Proud Member

Anyone know what to make of this? I see that Twitter account has tweeted again, teasing new MJ music supposedly. Specifically "The Weeknd" feature. Interestingly The Weeknd also posted MJ pics on his Instagram stories a few days ago too.
YfYbYvr
HgCh2M9

https://twitter.com/greatestartists/status/1333969384511922177?s=20

Last edited:

AmitLal92

Proud Member
That’s true. Either way I’m expecting some new music in 2021.
dethorro;4311719 said:
The Weeknd also posted pictures of Frank Dileo without Michael. So, I don't think that he was teasing a collab.

Galactus123

Proud Member

They should just upload new concert on Youtube for Christmas. Maybe LA 89 or NY 88.

Eddlicious

Proud Member

If there's a posthumous song being reworked by Max Martin with a Weeknd feature, then it just might be Michael's 14th number one hit.