New MJ content (Possibility)

Galactus123

Proud Member
Re: New MJ content?

LA 1989 will never, ever be released because of James Safechuck.
They should just edit him out. Maybe remove the part when Bad starts again or end it after Michael introduces the band. They can just cut to the crowd or something and we hear the song end.

Khaled

Proud Member

I like The Weeknd , it would be cool if that happened i guess the collab for a track from 80's too like J.T's LNFSG

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
The Weeknd would absolutely give Michael another top 10 hit, thus making him the first artist in history to score a Top 10 hit in seven different decades. Smart marketing move if true. We need new music and this is the best way, especially if they put The Weeknd on a post-trial track that MJ never finished.

As for Bad LA, it should never be released. Even if they edit Safechuck out (assuming they were able to; if it’s a Jumbo Tron feed they can’t), the fact that they DID will get more headlines than the concert. There should be NO projects involving Wade or James in any capacity.

AmitLal92

Proud Member
The focus needs to be put back on the music so this would be a pretty great way of doing it. Here's hoping it's true. The Weeknd would absolutely give Michael another top 10 hit, thus making him the first artist in history to score a Top 10 hit in seven different decades. Smart marketing move if true. We need new music and this is the best way, especially if they put The Weeknd on a post-trial track that MJ never finished.

As for Bad LA, it should never be released. Even if they edit Safechuck out (assuming they were able to; if it’s a Jumbo Tron feed they can’t), the fact that they DID will get more headlines than the concert. There should be NO projects involving Wade or James in any capacity.[/QUOTE]

DanGerouS-

Proud Member

waiting for the estate to ruin this aswell.
sorry for being negative, lol. but its the worst estate for the greatest entertainer.

(hoping for the best still..)

Pentum

Proud Member

Can't they just release a new song soon, damn it. Just one, where he rocks your socks off with his great vocals. Doesn't the Estate want some money? Surely, it's costing them some with all these lawsuits.

Times are horrible, boring and frustrating these days, and we haven't had a proper single song release in years. Why is it so damn hard to light up a nice little project for one single song.

Nite Line

Proud Member

I won't mind a Weeknd collaboration. I am not a fan of his, but I don't dislike him either. And having Weeknd would definitely give MJ another top 10 hit, maybe even a number 1. My only hope is that MJ is singing most of the vocals in the song.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Nite Line;4311761 said:
I won't mind a Weeknd collaboration. I am not a fan of his, but I don't dislike him either. And having Weeknd would definitely give MJ another top 10 hit, maybe even a number 1. My only hope is that MJ is singing most of the vocals in the song.

Agreed. Treat it like LNFSG — MJ takes the forefront and The Weeknd just pops up for a verse and backing vocals.

Nite Line

Proud Member
AlwaysThere;4311766 said:
Agreed. Treat it like LNFSG — MJ takes the forefront and The Weeknd just pops up for a verse and backing vocals.
Agreed. I don’t want another Don’t Matter To Me or Hold My Hand, where MJ is a guest vocalist and not a lead vocalist.

Hess

Proud Member

I really hope something new is coming.

A single release with MJ featuring Weeknd would be great.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member

Still don't know how to feel about the whole tacking another artists onto a song. If it's complete enough to release on its own then it should be released with just him. I don't really care about him getting a number one and it just stinks of the estate not having confidence in MJ.

elusive moonwalker

Proud Member

Can't they just release a new song soon, damn it. Just one, where he rocks your socks off with his great vocals. Doesn't the Estate want some money? Surely, it's costing them some with all these lawsuits.
--------
The real money is made from mj one etc.imo not from releasing the odd song

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member

Sure. But who can turn down more money? Music is the quickest and cheapest way to get some extra revenue.

I think you are overestimating how much the estate care beyond making money. Doing nothing is better than organising a new song.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
SmoothGangsta;4311856 said:
I think you are overestimating how much the estate care beyond making money. Doing nothing is better than organising a new song.

Financially, sure. But if the Estate is as money hungry as people insist, it seems odd that they wouldn’t capitalize on an opportunity to make MORE money, especially by using one of the biggest artists in the world currently.

Cprep20

Rockin' Robin
Eddlicious;4311735 said:
If there's a posthumous song being reworked by Max Martin with a Weeknd feature, then it just might be Michael's 14th number one hit.

And the song could be performed at the Super Bowl next year?!?!? There’s definitely something going on...

AmitLal92

Proud Member
The Super Bowl will be on the 7th Feb and The Weeknd is headlining the halftime show so we should know something in January if anything is happening.
Cprep20;4311962 said:
And the song could be performed at the Super Bowl next year?!?!? There’s definitely something going on...

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
I know we should take this with a massive grain of salt, but this would be the absolute biggest way for MJ to come back post LN. A song with The Weeknd, potentially performed at the Super Bowl? If that doesn’t scream #1 hit, idk what does.

AmitLal92

Proud Member
Absolutely. Although it does also depend on how good the song actually is. Here's hoping this is all true.
AlwaysThere;4312044 said:
I know we should take this with a massive grain of salt, but this would be the absolute biggest way for MJ to come back post LN. A song with The Weeknd, potentially performed at the Super Bowl? If that doesn’t scream #1 hit, idk what does.

Doggone

Proud Member

The Weeknd usually hints at new projects through his IG and Twitter. When I saw him posting pictures of Michael and Frank DiLeo I was losing my shit. I love Michael very much, and sure do I love The Weeknd as well. When his new album was coming out he teased us as well. The same with Super Bowl. So maybeeee, maybeeee there will be a new song featuring The Weeknd. I don't want to have big hope, but I really hope this is true.

DanGerouS-

Proud Member

lol, if its really for superbowl...:

my expectations:
- unheard MJ vocals
- unheard uptempo song
- not from the 80s, but from late 90s / 2000s
- post 2005 plz?

what will happen (thanks to the lazy estate):
- use a known song (ie. like "Jam" or anything from Thriller)
- weeknd sings 90% of the known song, MJ on hook
- re-use the "Jam" superbowl performance
- MJ appears on screens (background), while weeknd is on stage. -> hype enough for the estate!

NatureCriminal7896

the weeknd got a rival. look at bts what they doing with michael the past months. i think alot people miss out what happen last night. i feel if the weeknd gonna do anything he needs to wait awhile because bts really been kicking people butts. whatever you like them or not.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member

lol, if its really for superbowl...:

my expectations:
- unheard MJ vocals
- unheard uptempo song
- not from the 80s, but from late 90s / 2000s
- post 2005 plz?

what will happen (thanks to the lazy estate):
- use a known song (ie. like "Jam" or anything from Thriller)
- weeknd sings 90% of the known song, MJ on hook
- re-use the "Jam" superbowl performance
- MJ appears on screens (background), while weeknd is on stage. -> hype enough for the estate!

You think they hired The Weeknd to cover an already-released song and sing the majority of the vocals? Come on. Even for all the anti-Estate mumbo jumbo, that's absolutely ridiculous. I could see this happening if it was a "Don't Matter to Me" situation and The Weeknd was given one of the songs that was never finished, but if it's for MJ's album, it will likely be similar to "Love Never Felt So Good" -- MJ's the lead, The Weeknd is the feature.

AmitLal92

Proud Member

Was there a reason why he was posting MJ pics or was it just random post? This could be a hint.
The Weeknd usually hints at new projects through his IG and Twitter. When I saw him posting pictures of Michael and Frank DiLeo I was losing my shit. I love Michael very much, and sure do I love The Weeknd as well. When his new album was coming out he teased us as well. The same with Super Bowl. So maybeeee, maybeeee there will be a new song featuring The Weeknd. I don't want to have big hope, but I really hope this is true.

IMWhizzle

Proud Member
Don’t expect anything. Then there will be no disappointment whatsoever. We’ve been doing this for years now (hyping up stuff) and in the end we are extremely disappointed and hugely frustrated.

Take the Mark Ronson post for example. After that it was radio silence. The estate can’t use the “documentary which must not be named” as an excuse. Michael can’t be muted and is in too many hearts. His music muted the negativity. Look at his streams on Spotify. Still going strong.