New MJ content (Possibility)

Zakk

Proud Member
Bruno has a focus on Silk Sonic before working on his next album so I doubt it will happen. Abel is the likely candidate, the right song for the feature will certainly chart very high.. maybe TYLA is the way to go? Nothing is known right now.. even so, our words won't effect their choices I'm sure.

Zack44

Proud Member
If they're going to force a collaboration with a modern artist, I suggest that they do it with an artist that actually knew MJ when he was alive: e.g. Beyonce, Jay Z, Pharell, Ne-Yo, Kanye, Usher, etc,

It feels less genuine when it's forced to be with someone who's popular now but never knew what it was like to work with him or be in his presence (e.g. Beiber, the Weeknd, Bruno, etc.)

Fuzball

Proud Member
If they're going to force a collaboration with a modern artist, I suggest that they do it with an artist that actually knew MJ when he was alive: e.g. Beyonce, Jay Z, Pharell, Ne-Yo, Kanye, Usher, etc,
Paul McCartney:saintv1:

Pentum

Proud Member
AlwaysThere;4322174 said:
Keep The Weeknd as far away from an MJ product as possible. Get Bruno Mars on there. That would be an absolute smash.

(Obviously I’d prefer they don’t do any collaborations/duets at all, but if it came down to it, I would give an arm to hear Bruno and Michael together.)
I am one of the people who prefer MJ untouched, no post death collab, etc.

But I'm not going to lie. MJ with Bruno, Paak can join, on Sonic Silk production might have been really smooth... If MJ had a verse in "Leave the door open", it would absolutely shatter the earth. Really good production of a song

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
I can’t even imagine an MJ/Silk Sonic collaboration. It would be the smoothest (or funkiest, depending on the track) song released in the last 20 years. If there’s ever an album strictly of OTW or Thriller outtakes that need to be finished, let John McClain and Bruno handle it. Not only has Bruno expressed how much MJ means to him, but he’s shown how he can handle any style with ease.

king_of_style

Proud Member
AlwaysThere;4322216 said:
I can’t even imagine an MJ/Silk Sonic collaboration. It would be the smoothest (or funkiest, depending on the track) song released in the last 20 years. If there’s ever an album strictly of OTW or Thriller outtakes that need to be finished, let John McClain and Bruno handle it. Not only has Bruno expressed how much MJ means to him, but he’s shown how he can handle any style with ease.

I've been thinking that too. "Leave The Door Open" has serious disco vibes and I think that they could easily handle any Off The Wall demos, especially with someone like McClain or maybe Buxer/Prince working with them

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member
AlwaysThere;4322216 said:

Brother don't even tease me with that potential collab 😅 the dream

I've followed Anderson and Bruno for years now, they both genius artists. I'm glad they've come together with Silk Sonic, if the lead single is anything to go by then the album will be a smash

An MJ and Silk Sonic collab would be a dream, they're both old school and would know how to do a MJ demo justice
I would hope it would be an unusable unfinished sketch demo though, rather than taking out usable Mike vocals to add other artists. Like if Michael only came up with a chorus and bridge or something. I would hope they'd release MJ's untouched demo as a B side

2000moonwalker

Proud Member
Iwasaloser619;4307730 said:
I’m surprised no one has been talking about that music list that leaked earlier today?

I personally will believe it when I see it, so many false alarms with new music

king_of_style

Proud Member
Brother don't even tease me with that potential collab 😅 the dream

I've followed Anderson and Bruno for years now, they both genius artists. I'm glad they've come together with Silk Sonic, if the lead single is anything to go by then the album will be a smash

An MJ and Silk Sonic collab would be a dream, they're both old school and would know how to do a MJ demo justice
I would hope it would be an unusable unfinished sketch demo though, rather than taking out usable Mike vocals to add other artists. Like if Michael only came up with a chorus and bridge or something. I would hope they'd release MJ's untouched demo as a B side

"Changes" I think might be a worthy candidate for that idea, I believe Michael worked on it here and there on and off for the better part of thirty years and never got very far with it. It would be amazing to see what they might predict his direction for the song would be. Hell, part of me wouldn't mind if we got an entire EP of such 'finished' demos ("Rocker", "Water", "Dark Lady", etc.) as long as the originals were included on a deluxe edition.

rolerprod

Proud Member
im sure if the estate made an offer to bruno he would leave everything hes doing and get on it,hes a huge mj fan who always showed him love and called him an inspiration so id imagine having an opportunity to be featured on an mj song would be a no brainer for bruno so im not worried about bruno as much as im worried the estate would make the offer.

rolerprod

Proud Member
weird comment up there,they reached out to the producers (stargate,mark ronson)and JT (im sure that 50 cent aswell)so they're obviously going to reach out for collabs

Derek1984

Proud Member
Probably a better chance they do a collab with Paris. Think Natalie Cole.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Not sure how I’d feel about a Paris collaboration. Obviously it’s her father and it would be beautiful to see, but vocally and artistically she’s on the other end of the spectrum. I’d like to see if they could pull it off.

king_of_style

Proud Member
rolerprod;4322241 said:
weird comment up there,they reached out to the producers (stargate,mark ronson)and JT (im sure that 50 cent aswell)so they're obviously going to reach out for collabs

Yeah, Mark Ronson's involvement might go as far back as 2010 with his remix of "Lovely Way". So the Estate hasn't shied away from calling in contemporary producers and artists on posthumous MJ stuff.

AlwaysThere;4322243 said:
Not sure how I’d feel about a Paris collaboration. Obviously it’s her father and it would be beautiful to see, but vocally and artistically she’s on the other end of the spectrum. I’d like to see if they could pull it off.

Someone else has already suggested this, but "Lovely Way" might be a nice duet. Also given her recent album's themes and her vocal delivery on it, she might make a good cover of "The Loser"

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member
Any updates? I have not seen any discussion for a while, given that I think that the estate are working on new projects it has gone very quiet now *calm before the storm*? Anyone?

Hess

Proud Member
There have been some talk about a bio-film.

But nothing new regarding new music.

Invictum3001

Proud Member
22. all unreleased from 1979-2001. a few featured artists like Usher, The Weeknd etc. https://t.co/RolHoP6NVK— predicting (@predictrnbmusic) June 4, 2021

11 Remix + 11 Originals ?

������
Looks like the original demos are going to be included on the standard edition this time? Would be weird if they'd decide to keep them and only release the reworked versions, right?
Nope https://t.co/GAl7tEp8cP— predicting (@predictrnbmusic) May 11, 2021
And don't forget about what GreatistArtists said. He said that there will be a deluxe edition.
There will be a deluxe edition with original demos like 2014's 'XSCAPE'.— Greatest Artists Of All Time (@greatestartists) January 11, 2021 I wonder if they are gonna give us 9 new songs with their demos (making it 18) and 4 unreleased demos of already released songs (Best Of Joy, Another Day, Behind The Mask, Hollywood Tonight) if the above prediction of 22 songs is true?

(don't forget that the account is only 'predicting', so don't take it too serious)

Last edited:

king_of_style

Proud Member
Looks like the original demos are going to be included on the standard edition this time? Would be weird if they'd decide to keep them and only release the reworked versions, right?
Nope https://t.co/GAl7tEp8cP— predicting (@predictrnbmusic) May 11, 2021
And don't forget about what GreatistArtists said. He said that there will be a deluxe edition.
There will be a deluxe edition with original demos like 2014's 'XSCAPE'.— Greatest Artists Of All Time (@greatestartists) January 11, 2021 I wonder if they are gonna give us 9 new songs with their demos (making it 18) and 4 unreleased demos of already released songs (Best Of Joy, Another Day, Behind The Mask, Hollywood Tonight) if the above prediction of 22 songs is true?

(don't forget that the account is only 'predicting', so don't take it too serious)

Just for clarity, by "demo of Hollywood Tonight" do you mean the one from 2006? Because if I'm not mistaken the one from the Invincible sessions was leaked. Also assuming this predicting account is accurate, then that rules out any post-Invincible tracks like "Hollywood Tonight" (2006) and "Best of Joy" (2008). Given the reference to 1979 this may imply that the Estate has begun digging into his Off The Wall outtakes, which are probably rife with releasable material and thus would be a good move on their part. But only time will tell.

Invictum3001

Proud Member
Just for clarity, by "demo of Hollywood Tonight" do you mean the one from 2006? Because if I'm not mistaken the one from the Invincible sessions was leaked. Also assuming this predicting account is accurate, then that rules out any post-Invincible tracks like "Hollywood Tonight" (2006) and "Best of Joy" (2008).
Oops, my mistake. Didn't think it all the way through. But at some point they gonna have to release the original versions of those songs. Especially BtM and BoJ.
Given the reference to 1979 this may imply that the Estate has begun digging into his Off The Wall outtakes, which are probably rife with releasable material and thus would be a good move on their part. But only time will tell.
Happy about that but also disappointed bc it looks like we're not getting a post trial song like Rocker or Adore You..

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
^^ "Adore You" isn't anywhere closed to finished, so we'll probably never get it regardless.

I'm not sure what to make of @predictrnbmusic. On the one hand, its pinned tweet indicates that it has a decent track record of providing insider information, which automatically makes it more authentic and reliable than @greatestartists. On the other hand, the "unreleased from 1979-2001" tweet makes me skeptical. Michael and Xscape both have incredibly specific time frames you could identify (1981-2008 and 1980-1999, respectively), so the idea of someone saying "the songs span from the release of his first adult solo album to the release of his last" is such an easy thing to lie about.

Maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but I just don't know how to feel. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Gotta say, though, if they are telling the truth, 22 songs is definitely the best decision. (I'm gonna go ahead and assume that means 11 total songs doubled up with a finished version and the original demos, since I don't believe the Estate would release two dozen songs at once.) Including the originals by default is far smarter than a deluxe configuration that only the hardcore fans would bother with.