New MJ content (Possibility)

yallasama

1st post here, hope it's a documentary or a multiple CD project with some unreleased ones, maybe with never been seen live tour like the Ultimate Collection. Hope it's not another posthumous release given the controversy unless it's old tracks that are 100% MJ.

Hess

Proud Member
^^^

My thoughts exactly. It seem logic that a statement will come before MJ's birthday - and 50th anniversary etc. So it's easy to claim to know that a statement comes.

And if it doesn't they will naturally just write something like "Plands changed last minute" etc...

Of course I do hope we will hear something and I do hope we get info about new music.

Korgnex

Proud Member
I am not sure who started this but the owner of the Twitter account named "predicting" has no insider info regarding MJ releases whatsoever, he infact made that clear himself but people keep quoting it for no reason. The fact that he may have other dates / announcements from other artists etc. right is simply due to the fact that they are no such big secrets in the industry and many other connected people have access to the same information.

SeriousEffect.

Proud Member
Yes, that Twitter account is run by someone young who thinks an insider is a person who can guess correctly on occasion.

They have a thread on their Twitter that is just predictions of theirs that have been correct.

Hess

Proud Member
What's the verdict on this? Is it a trustworthy source or are we a bit naive for getting our hopes up?

Yes, that Twitter account is run by someone young who thinks an insider is a person who can guess correctly on occasion.

They have a thread on their Twitter that is just predictions of theirs that have been correct.

It seems like it's only guessing. - I would NOT trust the info .

securityplease

Proud Member
not trying to get y'all hopes up but last year the weeknd posted some pictures of michael and frank on his story, which i found very odd to begin with. now, the weeknd is producing in westlake aka the studio michael worked in too. when that @greatestartist account on twitter tweeted that : " a choir was brought back in for a song... bla bla bla" around the same time, the weeknd posted a picture of the studio westlake with lots of mic stands in it.... what do you guys think?

SmoothMel7

Proud Member
I think a collaboration between the two artists could result in a hit. The Weeknd is a great artist and a "child" of MJ. He respects him, and putting MJ back on the scene with music is the best thing.

securityplease

Proud Member
I think a collaboration between the two artists could result in a hit. The Weeknd is a great artist and a "child" of MJ. He respects him, and putting MJ back on the scene with music is the best thing.

exactly and his songs have been having that nostalgic 80s sound too so it's very possible. anyways, did you guys see what the mj estate posted on their website? they basically said they're going to release something soon and that they take their time to make the projects good as possible aka they're following michaels believes.

Victor

Proud Member
Anyone but the Weeknd. Give me Bruno Mars collaboration.

Silk Sonic + MJ
giphy.gif

Zack44

Proud Member
If the estate actually DOES go forward with having a duet with a modern artist, it should at least be with a artist that actually knew and/or worked with him when he was alive (i.e. Beyonce, will.i.am, Usher etc.) not a "flavor of the month" pop artist who never knew him at all.

Maxym

Proud Member
(i.e. Beyonce, will.i.am, Usher etc.) not a "flavor of the month" pop artist

Weren't those the "flavor of the month" when MJ worked with them? I think they should avoid duets as much as possible (unless something was initially planned as a duet), or make them bonus tracks or so.

Smooth72

Proud Member
No fake duets needed. There are plenty of good artist out there but I donÂ’t think its necessary. How many duets on Invincible? Only one on History and that was his sister, Dangerous?. We donÂ’t need any just Mike if we get anything. I doubt they will release music until next year, some really popular artists are coming out with new albums soon. Like them or not they will sell more than Michael.

Leomax

Proud Member
I'm not a fan of collaborations but we must accept the fact that MJ needs them to achieve good positions on the charts and it's reasonable if the estate wants a hit. It would be the best thing that could happen to MJ after LN and a way to promote the broadway show.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
While IÂ’m all for integrity, remember when LNFSG made Michael the first act to notch a top ten hit in six consecutive decades? A collaboration with Bruno or The Weeknd would almost certainly make that seven. And thatÂ’s something IÂ’d like to see.

But overall, duets would depend on the choice of artist imo.

Hess

Proud Member
While I’m all for integrity, remember when LNFSG made Michael the first act to notch a top ten hit in six consecutive decades? A collaboration with Bruno or The Weeknd would almost certainly make that seven. And that’s something I’d like to see.

But overall, duets would depend on the choice of artist imo.

I agree. - That would be a record that could/would never ever be broken. - And if they release both versions - like LNFSG - that's great.

Maxym

Proud Member
Who cares about position... For me it's about the music I'm listening to. I never listen to the duet version of LNFSG...

Hess

Proud Member
Who cares about position... For me it's about the music I'm listening to. I never listen to the duet version of LNFSG...

I do - it's really catchy and great. - It's played a LOT on danish radio. I think most people enjoy LNFSG.

Hi I just joined and hope to join your community as my own person)) I would like to say that I am not too excited about LNFSG, but it has a place and that is a good thing too !!!