New Official MJ Merch Collection

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
I know people have been critical of the Estate’s licensed merch (and for good reason, since most of it sucks), but the brand-new collection is actually pretty great in my opinion. The Invincible t-shirt, the chromatic blue shirt, and the white crew neck are all pretty dope.

SeriousEffect.

Proud Member
At $40 and up they're all terrible cashgrabs.

This is a bootleg shirt I bought for $15....

$_12.JPG

Mikky Dee

Sunset Driver, Midnight Rider
At $40 and up they're all terrible cashgrabs.

This is a bootleg shirt I bought for $15....

$_12.JPG
I know what you're saying, but I have bought a LOT of MJ shirts, both bootleg and official and I find that the bootleg items do NOT stand the test of time. The official shirts that I have purchased, although expensive, have been beautifully made from superior fabrics and are certainly up to the task of performing well in my harsh Australian climate. Most merchandise shirts for any artist, band, show, or whatever, are expensive in Australia - I don't like it, but I'm used to it - I'm talking $65-$80 AUS for the most basic of T-shirts and tank tops if they are official and about $95 for anything with long sleeves.

Mikky Dee

I know people have been critical of the Estate’s licensed merch (and for good reason, since most of it sucks), but the brand-new collection is actually pretty great in my opinion. The Invincible t-shirt, the chromatic blue shirt, and the white crew neck are all pretty dope.
There is a beautiful Neverland Valley Ranch collection, as well, which I love. Tote bag, coffee cup, note pad, cap, as well as hoodie, tank top, etc.

This shirt isn't "new merchandise" but I have had my eye on it for a long time. I really want it. It helps that MY first name begins with M, too.

M_shirt.JPG

Mikky Dee

There are some really cool new face masks as well.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member
I have a bootleg hoodie with that blue and white pose design on it that I bought ages ago lol. Is that an official MJ thing or did they genuinely take it from google images/copy a bootleg?

That aside it still looks quite lazy and boring to me personally.

Last edited:

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member
Isn't that the design that's used for the Moonwalker dvd cover? If so, doesn't that make it the estate's own design? And the person who posted it on google images got it from them?
51gDTJcvApL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Never saw that cover before, very cool. Still, the design is altered and the one on the estate jumper seems to be taken directly from the fanmade one. Unless there's another cover or some other type of official logo I'm unaware of, which is entirely possible.

Last edited:

Amaya

Proud Member
Never saw that cover before, very cool. Still, the design is altered and the one on the estate jumper seems to be taken directly from the fanmade one. Unless there's another cover or some other type of official logo I'm unaware of, which is entirely possible.

That artwork with Michael doing that exact pose was used on the Ultimate Collection (no background stuff, though; just the silhouette), so it's possible they have the original artwork files laying around and have been reusing it for different merchandise and slapping different backgrounds behind it.

The similarities between that hoodie and that wallpaper are hard to deny, though... makes me wonder if that wallpaper came first, or if that exact combo of the silhouette/background was made quite a while ago on some official merchandise that we can't recall and THEN the wallpaper came about from that. Hmm...

dam2040

Proud Member
Isn't that the design that's used for the Moonwalker dvd cover? If so, doesn't that make it the estate's own design? And the person who posted it on google images got it from them?
51gDTJcvApL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Nearly - the background is the same as the wallpaper version

gregson1

Proud Member
Terrible merch, but then again it always has been in my opinion. The THIS IS IT stuff was rubbish. Even the official tour stuff was garbage

kai

Proud Member
Who would ever pay 85 dollars for a hoody ? No thanks..