New Official MJ Merch Collection

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
I know people have been critical of the Estate’s licensed merch (and for good reason, since most of it sucks), but the brand-new collection is actually pretty great in my opinion. The Invincible t-shirt, the chromatic blue shirt, and the white crew neck are all pretty dope.

At $40 and up they're all terrible cashgrabs.

This is a bootleg shirt I bought for $15....

$_12.JPG

At $40 and up they're all terrible cashgrabs.

This is a bootleg shirt I bought for $15....

$_12.JPG
I know what you're saying, but I have bought a LOT of MJ shirts, both bootleg and official and I find that the bootleg items do NOT stand the test of time. The official shirts that I have purchased, although expensive, have been beautifully made from superior fabrics and are certainly up to the task of performing well in my harsh Australian climate. Most merchandise shirts for any artist, band, show, or whatever, are expensive in Australia - I don't like it, but I'm used to it - I'm talking $65-$80 AUS for the most basic of T-shirts and tank tops if they are official and about $95 for anything with long sleeves.

I know people have been critical of the Estate’s licensed merch (and for good reason, since most of it sucks), but the brand-new collection is actually pretty great in my opinion. The Invincible t-shirt, the chromatic blue shirt, and the white crew neck are all pretty dope.
There is a beautiful Neverland Valley Ranch collection, as well, which I love. Tote bag, coffee cup, note pad, cap, as well as hoodie, tank top, etc.

This shirt isn't "new merchandise" but I have had my eye on it for a long time. I really want it. It helps that MY first name begins with M, too.

M_shirt.JPG

There are some really cool new face masks as well.

I have a bootleg hoodie with that blue and white pose design on it that I bought ages ago lol. Is that an official MJ thing or did they genuinely take it from google images/copy a bootleg?

That aside it still looks quite lazy and boring to me personally.

Last edited:
Isn't that the design that's used for the Moonwalker dvd cover? If so, doesn't that make it the estate's own design? And the person who posted it on google images got it from them?
51gDTJcvApL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Never saw that cover before, very cool. Still, the design is altered and the one on the estate jumper seems to be taken directly from the fanmade one. Unless there's another cover or some other type of official logo I'm unaware of, which is entirely possible.

Last edited:
Never saw that cover before, very cool. Still, the design is altered and the one on the estate jumper seems to be taken directly from the fanmade one. Unless there's another cover or some other type of official logo I'm unaware of, which is entirely possible.

That artwork with Michael doing that exact pose was used on the Ultimate Collection (no background stuff, though; just the silhouette), so it's possible they have the original artwork files laying around and have been reusing it for different merchandise and slapping different backgrounds behind it.

The similarities between that hoodie and that wallpaper are hard to deny, though... makes me wonder if that wallpaper came first, or if that exact combo of the silhouette/background was made quite a while ago on some official merchandise that we can't recall and THEN the wallpaper came about from that. Hmm...

Isn't that the design that's used for the Moonwalker dvd cover? If so, doesn't that make it the estate's own design? And the person who posted it on google images got it from them?
51gDTJcvApL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Nearly - the background is the same as the wallpaper version

Terrible merch, but then again it always has been in my opinion. The THIS IS IT stuff was rubbish. Even the official tour stuff was garbage

Who would ever pay 85 dollars for a hoody ? No thanks..

Wtf, a plain white t-shirt for $45? How insulting.

A cup for $25 when it should be $5?

The only thing I thought was good value was the watch for $40. Then I realized it's just the strap!

What in the blue hell is that logo? I just...

I don't hate the shirts and jumpers here but there is no real need to mess with the logo like this. The BAD logo is iconic. Surely they can work it in a way that remains fresh and hip but doesn't deviate so drastically from the original. But at the same time this is a bit of a non-issue in this particular circumstance. I wont cry myself to sleep because jumpers happen to exist that aren't the perfect representation of the BAD album. What reallyt does grind my gears, however, is when they make a 40th anniversary copy of an album and replace the iconic logo of the BIGGEST SELLING ALBUM OF ALL TIME through a cheap knock off of Microsoft Word and say "well that'll do". I would have thought after the furore that caused that the Estate would be more careful with such things but obviously we have to keep having this conversation.

I like the track listing touch on the back though, making it look like a cassette tape. But why not add Leave Me Alone? They seem to always miss the easy wins.

Back