New Song By Genevieve Jackson (Michael Jackson's Niece)

I'm sorry I don't want to be rude but, I heard this song on FB yesterday and I couldn't even finish it. To me she can not sing, I don't like her voice at all, sound like she was talkin and not really singin? o_O Was surprise by the song and not in a good way....But, I do feel that Austin can definetly sing. Sorry Gene just being honest here. Would be nice to see a Jackson make it in the music industry from the new generation...and do their own thing. And I hope Austin is the one!

Singing ain't in her future.. she sounds horrible

Gen doesnt have a very good voice for a singing career.
and this is even autotuned and still doesnt sound good to me
All she will be able to do is release B rated songs in itunes.
Has she ever released an album yet ?

Honestly she should go back to studying psych since the music biz is not for her at all....

Recent question Gen answered on her Tumblr:
genevievejaxonfans asked: Besides being an artist in the music industry , if you can see yourself being anything in the furtue, what might it be?? :)

I’ve always wanted to study psychology growing up…so if I didn’t do music, I see myself being a therapist. I like listening and helping people with their issues, I’m very good at it.

Waw I wonder if they all planned to have songs out at about the same time. Maybe all the cousins could form a band like the Rolling Stones and pool their talents together.

Not to be rude but I hope she has a plan B for a career.

I want to listen but I'm scared lol. It can't be that bad

Oh dear..... just cos your surname is Jackson...........

um~~~well not to be mean but the J family should really let their family members to know that entertainment business is not the only way. If you don't have the talent just try other way out.

missred07;3606153 said:
um~~~well not to be mean but the J family should really let their family members to know that entertainment business is not the only way. If you don't have the talent just try other way out.

She does have other options she is interested in
genevievejaxonfans asked:
Besides being an artist in the music industry , if you can see yourself being anything in the furtue, what might it be?? :)

I’ve always wanted to study psychology growing up…so if I didn’t do music, I see myself being a therapist. I like listening and helping people with their issues, I’m very good at it.

It isn't just her singing, the song itself is terrible along with the mix. You could tell whoever record this for her didn't care.

This is why people secretly loves a person like Simon. He's a person who would tell Genevieve in no certain terms that she can't sing and go into another career. It may sounds harsh, but people like her needs to be knocked upside the head with reality, for her own sake. She shouldn't spend another decade, like her auntie Toya, chasing a dream that won't happen.

Gen needs to have a seat and go to college
she already dropped out of it once , considering she's turning 23 this year. she better take this alternate career plan into consideration before it's too late, she's wasted numerous years playing singer.

Oh, I heard the song last night, after seeing all the Jacksons tweeting abt it. And let me just retweet myself: it's still not too late for Genevieve 2 find real job. Cause her singing is just... poor. Or awful if you wish.

Bottom line: sometimes I wonder... so many talented singers can't afford studio time and on the other hand so many with no talent are just waisting producer's time and energy. Life, huh?

I must admit I listened to another of her songs recently on Youtube.

I thought she had improved somewhat compared to when she first started singing.

wow...that was really bad...even with the autotune. Poor girl...singing is not for everyone. I am sure she will have better success with her second choice career.

Do you think anyone in her family is being real with her on this singing thing?

Someone needs to tell her the truth, being a singer is not for her.

It tastes bird anyway said the woman and made soup on the branch where the bird sat

Do you think anyone in her family is being real with her on this singing thing?

Someone needs to tell her the truth, being a singer is not for her.

Isn't her mother her manager?

Sounds like it's Alexandra who's pushing her into showbizness.

Last edited:
If she wants to be in showbiz there are other options then singer. Movies, tv, fashion etc.

She should take a good hard look at aunt La Toya, then take a critical look at her self. She is still very young. She doesnt have to spend her life chasing a impossible dream...

All of you folks are wayyyy too harsh on the girl. I happen to looove the lyrics of the song, i really do. I am freaky like that and many times words are the most important part 4 me of any tune; at times much more so than the melody, the voice of the singer or the video when songs get turned into 'mini movies' like Mike called them.

I think we would all be better off if we stopped givin' career paths or choices to ANY member of the Jackson family. Contrary to many appearances, they could very well know what they are doing.

Someone mentioned that colorful Texas boy, Austin :p Here is my absolute favorite song of his. I actually need to get this1 soon.

Now was that awesome or what? :cheeky:

If she wants to be in showbiz there are other options then singer. Movies, tv, fashion etc.

She should take a good hard look at aunt La Toya, then take a critical look at her self. She is still very young. She doesnt have to spend her life chasing a impossible dream.

Latoya makes good money!

Jermaine made 400,000 dollars when he appeared on British reality show Big Brother.

Not bad for two weeks work.

O.K. neither of them really made it big in music but they do o.k.doing what they do.

Genevieve could do a lot worse.

Just listened.jeez thats terrible. her voice sounds totally toneless if thats a word. makes latoya sound good. Just cause your last names jackson doesnt mean you have talent and can sing.

Just listened.jeez thats terrible. her voice sounds totally toneless if thats a word. makes latoya sound good. Just cause your last names jackson doesnt mean you have talent and can sing.

I personally blame the mother and some of the family members. There's a different between encouraging a child to reach for the stars and being honest with them about their talent. Singing is one of those things that you really can't be taught. You have to be born with it and training only refines your natural gifts. Fact is, Genevieve doesn't have the talent. As elusive said, Latoya is more in tune than her. As least she can carry a note.

She's still young, however, and it is never too late to go to school. But, it's better rather than sooner that she goes off to do other things. Everyone has a talent and I think she should go and find hers.

Back