October 30, 2007: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings

SunsetDriver

Proud Member
Hello to all MJJF's community. This is my last news thread for MJJF...next one will be for MJJC :p

MJ mentionings:

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/8ksTCK...king-Away.xhtml
Ripples in the Music Industry, Part 1: Breaking Away
[...]
Some musicians such as Ani DiFranco have found success as independent artists. The folk rock songstress started her own label, Righteous Babe Records, and distributes her recordings through her Web site. Though she styles herself as an artist and not an entrepreneur, for whom the music and not the money is paramount, DiFranco reportedly has made $4.25 for each CD sold. Under contracts with major labels, superstars like Michael Jackson and Prince reportedly have earned as little as $2 per CD sold.

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...STOMERSERVICE02
CSU hosts lesson for fanatics of Jackson’s iconic zombie dance
bildeci4.jpg

Instructors Mandy McLeland, left, and Melissa Smith lead a group Monday night through ‘Thriller Dance’ at the Colorado State University Student Recreation Center. The event brought together people who wanted to learn the dance to the famed Michael Jackson music video ‘Thriller’ before Halloween. There also was a ‘Best Zombie’ contest as part of the festivities.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Delhi/H...how/2501491.cms
Halloween bashes in the capital!
[...]
While expatriates are leading the pack, Indians are not far behind. Anup Kutty, member of music band Men-Who-Pause, says, “I am going to celebrate Halloween for the first time at a party in the city and I am really excited. I am going to dress up as Michael Jackson – the way he used to look at the time of Billy Jean.”

http://www.showbizspy.com/2007/10/30/kanye...o-write-a-book/
Kanye West to write a book
[...]
Meanwhile, Kanye is reportedly planning to work on Michael Jackosn’s next album, after the ‘Touch The Sky’ singer revealed: “I’m working on stuff for Michael Jackson.]

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Entertainment/M...616509-sun.html
Taking it past the limit
Eagles' first new cd since the 70's is long, all right

[...]
I Don't Want to Hear Anymore 4:21

Schmidt sounds like Michael Jackson -- and channels I Can't Tell You Why -- on this jangly pop number from Brit tunesmith Paul Carrack.

Today in Michael Jackson history:

1972 - In London, the Jackson 5 participated in the "Royal Variety Performance."

1982 - Janet Jackson performed "Young Love" on "American Bandstand."

1984 - Michael Jackson's "Thriller" was certified at 20 times Platinum by the RIAA.

2000 - Michael Jackson's "Blood On The Dance Floor: Histor in the Mix" was certified Platinum by the RIAA.

2000 - Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' receives its 26th platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), representing 26 million copies sold in the U.S. It remains the second best-selling album in music history.

2001 - Michael Jackson's album "Invincible" was released.

Wow---look at those dates.
1972--------2001
What a career time span-----and MORE to come.

I just caught a newspot clip about the British Music Industry honouring Kylie Minogue----for a 20 year music career------Michael's career is longer than that.
Dawn

Will.i.am says MJ is still relevant

Tuesday Oct 30 20:16 AEDT

Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am says any new album put out by fallen king of pop Michael Jackson will be relevant because his music is universal.

The songwriter and vocalist is working on Jackson's new album, which is due for release early next year, and says Jackson is in a unique position as an artist.

"Michael Jackson is probably one of the only artists that whenever he puts out a record it will still be relevant," will.i.am told reporters in Sydney.

"No matter where you go in the world they're playing Michael Jackson's music, and no matter what artists come out they're going to be doing Michael Jackson moves and emulating what he did.

"So that's hard when you're going to make new music with him."

The hip hop star said people should listen to Jackson's new music with an open mind.

"We ... treat Michael Jackson as a new artist and just make songs with infectious melodies," he said.

"The songs will speak for themselves."

But he wouldn't give away any hints on how the songs sound.

"I am sworn to silence or Michael is known to get pretty violent," he joked.

The Black Eyed Peas play Sydney's Hordern Pavilion at the end of a 13-country tour, with singer Fergie battling laryngitis.

"I'm going to let it all out," Fergie said.

"If I lose my voice tonight after the show, oh well."

On Monday night they partied with Justin Timberlake at the Opera House, but they were more impressed with the SexyBack singer than the soiree.

"He's a really good friend of ours," will.i.am said.

"The party sucked. But Justin is real cool," he said, laughing.

©AAP 2007

[url=http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id...689&rss=yes t=_blank]http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id...689&rss=yes[/url]

It just irritates the **** out of me when they say stuff like that. How can they not have noticed the Thriller revolution taking place?[/b]

You know what, ONCE upon a time, that upset me as well. But now, I just laugh when I see the words "fallen pop star". I laugh because, "fallen" folks do NOT get as much media attention as Michael Jackson does. If MJ was truly "fallen", they would have stopped talking about him a LONG time ago. LOL!

Case in point, the article is "supposed" to be about Will.I.Am being in Australia, yet the first few paragraphs are Michael Jackson related. :lol: And that happens EVERYTIME somebody is out there promoting their own project, but also happens to be working with the one and only "Michael Jackson". I just laugh!

It just irritates the **** out of me when they say stuff like that. How can they not have noticed the Thriller revolution taking place?[/b]
That is what the media does now. :ranting

Speak on it, Big Apple. Speak. On. It.

I laugh at them. As OzFan said, this man has been in the business at the highest level since 1969 and they are STILL talking about him. They need him because all of their longed-for replacements just ain't shaping up.

You know what, ONCE upon a time, that upset me as well. But now, I just laugh when I see the words "fallen pop star". I laugh because, "fallen" folks do NOT get as much media attention as Michael Jackson does. If MJ was truly "fallen", they would have stopped talking about him a LONG time ago. LOL!

Case in point, the article is "supposed" to be about Will.I.Am being in Australia, yet the first few paragraphs are Michael Jackson related. :lol: And that happens EVERYTIME somebody is out there promoting their own project, but also happens to be working with the one and only "Michael Jackson". I just laugh![/b]

I agree with you 100% :kickass2:

hey this is to the MJJcommUNITY staff..

I think it would be really beneficial to a great kick off to the NOV. 1st launch. If you guys would type up a message to MJ fans all over, welcoming them, and letting them know SOME new exciting features that the website will have.

This way all of us can send these messages out on myspace, and other ways to get people knowing more about the site..

We if we work together could get A LOT of new people to check out the site on opening day.. I remember on opening day to my old website mjkop.com (someone else has that domaine now), JUST ME, advertizing and getting people interested I had over 1000 hits on the opening day.. (ALL NEW PEOPLE) to a NEW site.. This was not even a MAJOR website, like MJJcommUNITY will be..

If I could pull 1000 people to an average size site on opening day, we all could get A LOT of people if we work together..

Hate to break this to you all but it is true about Michael possibly loosing his ranch if he doesn't come up with the 23 million dollars for the loan that he has. ;) It was tough for me to even break it to other news staffers and to get approval to make sure it was okay to post it, so with Sr. Staff approval I will have to post this since it is news. News station out in Santa Barbra obtained the court papers about the forclosure. Here is the news article and the link to the court papers ;)
Remember this is not a rehash about the RF article (and let me make it clear: We aren't discussing RF!) This is coming from proof of the court papers where you can read it yourself.

Here is the url to read the courtpapers about foreclosure:http://ksby.images.worldnow.com/images/inc...ault_Notice.pdf

http://www.ksby.com/Global/story.asp?S=7282771

Legal papers show Michael Jackson must pay millions or risks losing his Neverland Ranch

SANTA YNEZ VALLEY

What started as a haven for superstar Michael Jackson and a getaway for needy inner city kids may soon be a memory.

The singer risks loosing Neverland Ranch in the Santa Ynez Valley if he can't come up with $23 million dollars.

Jackson's famed Neverland Ranch is located on Figueroa Mountain Road in Los Olivos. Time is ticking for Michael Jackson and his beloved 27,000 acre ranch.

Legal papers show Jackson has less than three months to make the hefty payment or risk losing his property forever.

Two years after he was acquitted of charges that he molested a teenage boy, pop-star Michael Jackson faces a new set of legal troubles.

The singer must pay more than $23 million or lose his Neverland Ranch.

"Even though he's Michael Jackson he's a regular human being, the county's not going to go out of their way to do something special for him or give him any special pervailances because he is who he is," said Wendy Baker, a Santa Barbara Loan Consultant.

According to documents Action News obtained from the Santa Barbara County Clerk-Recorder's Office, Jackson was issued, a notice of default on October 22 for failing to make payments on a loan he made. If Jackson does not make the required payment within 90 days, Baker says the singer could faces major legal repercussions in addition to loosing his home.

"He might have some serious tax ramifications absolutely other than having a foreclosure on his credit report and trying to borrow money," she said.

Baker says a Notice of Default is the second step a lender will take before the county can legally foreclose on a home.

"If the borrower still doesn't bring it current five days prior to the trustee sale it will go on auction at the courthouse steps," Baker said.

According to recent reports the singer is living in a rented home in Washington, D.C., while his multi-million dollar estate sits vacant.

Some question if Jackson 's financial troubles will push him to file bankruptcy. Baker says bankruptcy laws have gotten much stricter and she doesn't believe that kind of legal move would be in Jackson's best interests.

In addition to the $23 million, Jackson also owes more than $200,000 in interest. We have copies of all the documents filed so far in the Neverland default.

^^ Thanks.. They need to just let him breath for a moment.. It is one thing after another. ALWAYS.. damn it..

You know what, Michael can always create another 'Neverland' somewhere else, IF he has to end up getting rid of it. I personally look at it as a blessing in disguise--considering Neverland is sitting in the midst of a pit of legalized vipers and crooks in the form of Santa Barbara County government.

It just sucks. Watching everything this man has earned being stripped away. I agree w/ KOPV let him breath. He needs a chance to make some money. I personally hope Neverland is around long after Michael is gone.

so what exactly are those 23 million for ? he made a loan and he has to pay back ? man, i just hope and pray everything works out for him more than fine. Neverland should always and forever belong to him. It is part of who he is and he has put so much of himself in it.
God bless you Michael :heart: :wub:

Well, this latest piece of news contradicts all other reports that said Michael has "already sold" Neverland.....so this proves that he still owns it and is supposed to be paying for it..... :mello:

Please don't lose it Michael...don't let them win. :(

I Michael will be ok. This happens everyday. I hope he comes up with the money. I am sure he will have it.

Well, this latest piece of news contradicts all other reports that said Michael has "already sold" Neverland.....so this proves that he still owns it and is supposed to be paying for it..... :mello:

Please don't lose it Michael...don't let them win. :([/b]
He doesn't really own it if he hasn't paid for it.

Somebody will probably buy it and make an MJ theme park out of it. It would suck for them to profit off what MJ has created, though. Sort of like when the Beatles catalogue was up for auction. : :doh:

He doesn't really own it if he hasn't paid for it.

Somebody will probably buy it and make an MJ theme park out of it. It would suck for them to profit off what MJ has created, though. Sort of like when the Beatles catalogue was up for auction. : :doh:[/b]
Don't get ahead of yourself. I do not believe Michael will not lose neverland if he wants to really keep it. Michael can make a theme park out of it himself. And if it does comes to to someone else buying it, Micheal probably did not want the ranch no more unlike Paul with the Beatles cat.

YOu can pay for your home and still lose it if you do not pay county taxes or if you put it up for colletrial and did pay for something. SO a person can still OWN thier home and still lose it due to other things.

[url=http://www.ksby.com/global/story.asp?s=7282771 t=_blank]http://www.ksby.com/global/story.asp?s=7282771[/url]

Featured Video: Legal papers show Michael Jackson must pay millions or risks losing his Neverland Ranch[/b]
To be honest with you, I do not know why this is big news. the man STILL own it. There is a big difference in RISK losing compare to LOSING. My uncle just risk losing his piece of land because he got behind in his taxes on it. Now he paid it and the lein is now GONE and the risk is gone. Big deal.

Back