Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 43 30.1%
  • Hate it

Votes: 27 18.9%

• Total voters

OnirMJ

Proud Member
**face palm** The point is..you do not speak for anyone (not even local fans, let alone ALL fans) but yourself.

I never said all fans, I said fans (I meant most of the fans) and if you read comments on youtube, twitter or even here that is true. Fans "prefer more demos, early versions & unheard material" - that was my exact words.

Immortal album which was remix album made for general public was a failure. Some fans liked the remixes, some did not. But you didn't see general public rushing to the stores to buy remixes. And now IJCSLY/DBMA single is a success, over 90% of the fans love it.

And I really don't want to fight with you. So if you want to continue feel free, I'm done.

speechlesslove4michael

Proud Member
Onir Michael Jackson ?@onir_mj
@Chino7671 Hey Jeff, do you know if the Pepsi remixes will be released on Bad 25 album? Or these remixes are just Pepsi exclusive. Thanks.

Jeff Monachino ?@Chino7671
@onir_mj Good question. I don't know yet. I'll see if I can get an answer.

@Chino7671 Thanks for your response. Although the first remix is great fans would prefer more demos, early versions & unheard material.

@Chino7671 We think that Pepsi remixes should be Pepsi exclusive and not included on CD2. Pepsi promo CD with all remixes would be cool.

Jeff Monachino ?@Chino7671
@onir_mj I heard the Afrojack remix of Bad "might" make it onto the CD. It's still TBD, as of yesterday.

@Chino7671 Thank you for your response. Please keep in mind that fans prefer demos & unheard material over remixes. Few remixes will be OK.

@Chino7671 New song Don't Be Messin' Around (Demo) is great. More stuff like that would be amazing.

That guy works at Sony on Bad 25 project.

Does TBD mean to be determined?

I'm surprised there hasn't been a new remix other than Afrojack yet

MJ5

Proud Member
Yes, people listen those remixes at clubs, which is great promotion. But those people (general public, young people who listens that kind of music) don't buy albums. And Pepsi remixes are free so anyone can download it.

you think they buy the album if there are more demos than remixes?! seriously?

OnirMJ

Proud Member
you think they buy the album if there are more demos than remixes?! seriously?

No. But more fans will be happy. And fans should be their primary market. General public care only about greatest hits collections and classics like Bad album. DVD will also be great for general public.

And in my opinion if someone hear good Michael Jackson remix in some club, I'm sure that that person will just download that remix on itunes or in this case for free instead of buying the whole Bad 25 album. That's my point.

bobmoo79

Proud Member
No. But more fans will be happy. And fans should be their primary market. General public care only about greatest hits collections and classics like Bad album. DVD will also be great for general public..

NO NO NO.
The Estate MUST try to widen the fan base in the future NOT only appeal to the current fan base...
The general public only care about greatest hits etc if there is no compelling reason for them to care for anything else. Do you think Elvis' "A Little Less Conversation" was aimed at the fans only? NO. Do you think it was only the fans buying it? OF COURSE NOT.
Do you think it was probably the best bit of promo for Elvis the estate had done in years? OF COURSE IT WAS. That remix, that song was a massive success because the estate reached out. If they had re-released the original it would have flopped and hardly anybody would know about it, just like IJCSLU.

And in my opinion if someone hear good Michael Jackson remix in some club, I'm sure that that person will just download that remix on itunes or in this case for free instead of buying the whole Bad 25 album. That's my point.

You're wrong. Sales of Elvis' albums increased because of his remix. So did merchandise. It's a fact that the remix did good things for the longevity of Elvis.

The MJ Estate need to cater to fans of course, but they need a smash breakthrough product too, and they can't do that by concentrating on fans only.

For example Skrillex is getting more and more coverage in Europe. The rumoured Skrillex remix could potentially be a perfect opportunity for both the MJ Estate and Skrillex to have some real success (particularly in Europe) if it's done right.
In fact I just found out Skrillex is the BBC's "Sound of 2012"!

OnirMJ

Proud Member
NO NO NO.
The Estate MUST try to widen the fan base in the future NOT only appeal to the current fan base...
The general public only care about greatest hits etc if there is no compelling reason for them to care for anything else. Do you think Elvis' "A Little Less Conversation" was aimed at the fans only? NO. Do you think it was only the fans buying it? OF COURSE NOT.
Do you think it was probably the best bit of promo for Elvis the estate had done in years? OF COURSE IT WAS. That remix, that song was a massive success because the estate reached out. If they had re-released the original it would have flopped and hardly anybody would know about it, just like IJCSLU.

You're wrong. Sales of Elvis' albums increased because of his remix. So did merchandise. It's a fact that the remix did good things for the longevity of Elvis.

The MJ Estate need to cater to fans of course, but they need a smash breakthrough product too, and they can't do that by concentrating on fans only.

For example Skrillex is getting more and more coverage in Europe. The rumoured Skrillex remix could potentially be a perfect opportunity for both the MJ Estate and Skrillex to have some real success (particularly in Europe) if it's done right.
In fact I just found out Skrillex is the BBC's "Sound of 2012"!

Elvis died in 1977. A Little Less Conversation (JXL remix) was released in 2002. That was 25th anniversary of his death. That remix was really great and that is very rare. Also promotion for that single was huge, great video + it was used for a 2002 World Cup advertising campaign, Nike commercial with some of the greatest footballers in the world. Lots of things coincided for that song to become #1 hit in UK and most of Europe, although it was #50 hit in US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkCyWOR5LTU

If MJ Estate can do something like this, that would be great, but I doubt they will.

MJ5

Proud Member
I also think its good they add few remixes for young people so they get to learn michael jackson.. maybe they watch then performances of him and also get as fascinated as me 10years ago ;)

i am sure there are 65 % demos and maximum 35 % remixes ;)

and the concert is especially for the current fanbase.. (because of lower video but higher performance quality) but also for general customers yes ;)

MJBT

Proud Member
I also think its good they add few remixes for young people so they get to learn michael jackson.. maybe they watch then performances of him and also get as fascinated as me 10years ago ;)

i am sure there are 65 % demos and maximum 35 % remixes ;)

and the concert is especially for the current fanbase.. (because of lower video but higher performance quality) but also for general customers yes ;)

I hope there are going to be more Demos than Remixes as Michael's Demos are unlike anything elese

jediswirek

Proud Member
bad25_afrojack_extended_mix_polish_promo_cdsingle.jpg

Polish promo CD-Single with Bad (Afrojack Extended Mix)

B

BUMPER SNIPPET

Check out the 30 highest paid DJ's in the list below!
  • 30: Afrojack Net Worth – $2 million
  • 29: Markus Schulz Net Worth – $2 million
  • 28: Darude Net Worth – $2.5 million
  • 27: Kaskade Net Worth – $3 million
  • 26: Martin Solveig Net Worth – $3 million
  • 25: Eric Prydz Net Worth – $4 million
  • 24: Swedish House Mafia Net Worth – $4 million each
  • 23: Gareth Emery Net Worth – $5 million
  • 22: Avicii Net Worth – $6 million
  • 21: Skrillex Net Worth – $8 million
  • 20: ATB aka Andre Tanneberger – $8 million
  • 19: Calvin Harris Net Worth – 10 million
  • 18: Deadmau5 Net Worth – $12 million
  • 17: Benny Benassi Net Worth – $14 million
  • 16: Carl Cox Net Worth – $15 million
  • 15: The Chemical Brothers Net Worth – $15 million
  • 14: Ferry Corsten Net Worth – $18 million
  • 13: Steve Aoki Net Worth – $20 million
  • 12: Fatboy Slim Net Worth – $22 million
  • 11: David Guetta Net Worth – $25 million
  • 10: Moby Net Worth $28 million
  • 09: Daft Punk Net Worth – $30 million each
  • 08: Pete Tong Net Worth – $30 million
  • 07: Judge Jules Net Worth – $40 million
  • 06: Sasha (DJ) Net Worth – $40 million
  • 05: Armin Van Buuren Net Worth – $40 million
  • 04: John Digweed Net Worth – $45 million
  • 03: Paul van Dyk Net Worth – $50 million
  • 02: Paul Oakenfold Net Worth – $55 million
  • 01: DJ Tiesto Net Worth – $65 million

B

BUMPER SNIPPET

[youtube]8K92I7fOqlA[/youtube]

[youtube]G_UowiFTneY[/youtube]

[youtube]CRnH4dqHP5k[/youtube]

[youtube]_lnRHrvfPE8[/youtube]

[youtube]2cRNbjqik0I[/youtube]

[youtube]yS4223Jjuyk[/youtube]

[youtube]aJmhupkmRLg[/youtube]

[youtube]vSwJr1JKoSY[/youtube]

bobmoo79

Proud Member
I actually here the Skrillex track 'Bangarang' several times a week on UK radio now. This dude's gaining momentum IMO.
This would be the perfect time to drop the Skrillex remix to UK radio IMO.

EDIT:
After a little research I just found a web page that says they were contacted by Skrillex's team who said he is NOT involved in this promotion.

I wonder what happened? I wonder if Afrojack is the only release we're gonna get.

Last edited:

OnirMJ

Proud Member
I actually here the Skrillex track 'Bangarang' several times a week on UK radio now. This dude's gaining momentum IMO.
This would be the perfect time to drop the Skrillex remix to UK radio IMO.

EDIT:
After a little research I just found a web page that says they were contacted by Skrillex's team who said he is NOT involved in this promotion.

I wonder what happened? I wonder if Afrojack is the only release we're gonna get.

That was just a rumor about Skrillex. Diplo & A-Trak remixes will be released.

sugarcookies

Proud Member
A rumor? It's a full article sayin Skrillex and the other 2 joining pepis to do the remixes... Unless that statement is a fake

OnirMJ

Proud Member
Diplo and A-Trak set to remix Michael Jackson’s ‘Bad’ for Pepsi’s 25th-anniversary campaign (Update: no Skrillex)

Pepsi and Coca-Cola will see themselves in a heavyweight battle this summer as both brands prepare new global ad campaigns. Coke has a history of working with electronic artists, having teamed up with David Guetta and Daft Punk to distribute “Club Coke” bottles in 2011. This summer, Coke will take on the 2012 London Olympic Games with their “Move To The Beat” campaign, which also features Mark Ronson’s “Anywhere in the World” as the official song.

Pepsi has their own mega-promotion in the works – retaliating with a commanding dose of EDM themselves. The international soda brand will be turning their attention to the 25th-anniversary of Michael Jackson’s Bad - a campaign slated for mid-May that will feature a series of remixes from superstar DJs. Names that have been included with the project have been Skrillex, Diplo, and A-Trak – the same threesome that graced the cover of Billboard this February. The remixes of “Bad” will be available for download exclusively via a special Pepsi-can promotion that will require fans to scan a code with their phone.

Update: We’ve just been contacted by Skrillex’s team who let us know that he is not involved in this promotion… More as we get it.

http://www.dancingastronaut.com/201...psis-25th-anniversary-campaign/#axzz1z5hDRnEL