Prince Michael Conducts First Interview with ET

billyworld99

Proud Member
Prince Michael Jackson, the eldest son of the late Michael Jackson, has conducted his first-ever interview with Entertainment Tonight, sitting down with the cast of Oz the Great and Powerful in a segment that will air on Tuesday's show.
Under the tutelage of ET's Brooke Anderson, who gave him a few pointers before the interview, the 16-year-old Jackson interviewed Oz actors James Franco, Zach Braff, and director Sam Raimi.

In his interview, Jackson revealed his dreams to one day become a producer, director, screenwriter, and actor and seized the opportunity to ask the successful film stars for their advice in pursuing his dreams.
Franco, a filmmaker in addition to being an actor, advised: "I always tell people, 'Just go out and try and stop waiting around or dreaming it's going to happen. Just go and start doing some things on your own.'

Jackson, who was complimented for his composure in the interview, cited Oprah's effective casual style in a 2010 interview with him and two younger siblings as an inspiration for his demeanor during the interview.
Prince Michael's interview with the cast of Oz the Great and Powerful will air in its entirety on Tuesday evening's Entertainment Tonight.

http://www.etonline.com/news/130659...terview_with_Entertainment_Tonight/index.html

I don't think enough people will see this here.
I'm going to put this is the news section, and then ask people
to come here to comment. :cheeky:

Is he promoting something, was he part of that movie, why he appeared to that program?

Prince Michael Conducts First Interview for ET

Prince Michael Conducts First Interview for ET :woohoo:
By ETONLINE STAFF
http://www.etonline.com/news/130659...st_Ever_Interview_with_Entertainment_Tonight/

February 18, 2013

Prince Michael Jackson, the eldest son of the late Michael Jackson, has conducted his first-ever interview for Entertainment Tonight, sitting down with the cast of Oz the Great and Powerful in a segment that will air on Tuesday's show.
Under the tutelage of ET's Brooke Anderson, who gave him a few pointers before the interview, the 16-year-old Jackson interviewed Oz actors James Franco, Zach Braff, and director Sam Raimi.

In his interview, Jackson revealed his dreams to one day become a producer, director, screenwriter, and actor and seized the opportunity to ask the successful film stars for their advice in pursuing his dreams.
Franco, a filmmaker in addition to being an actor, advised: "I always tell people, 'Just go out and try and stop waiting around or dreaming it's going to happen. Just go and start doing some things on your own.'"

Jackson, who was complimented for his composure in the interview, cited Oprah's effective casual style in a 2010 interview with him and two younger siblings as an inspiration for his demeanor during the interview.

Prince Michael's interview with the cast of Oz the Great and Powerful will air in its entirety on Tuesday evening's Entertainment Tonight.
Check your local listings.

Last edited:
I think too many of you are jumping to conclusions. Prince Jackson is a very young person working to establish his own contacts in the Entertainment Business. Without his father, Michael Jackson, this isn't going to be easy.
Let's Give Prince Jackson a "Break" and our Support. :yes:

Last edited:
Why does he appear on a tabloid show? I don't think it's what a 16-year-old should be doing.

Peeps, here's the trailer for movie: Oz the Great and Powerful.
By the way, Pear Jr. is probably going to use this entire happening in her hoax series. :cheeky:

Peeps, please, try not being so negative.
Michael Jackson loved the whole movie making process, and he passed that love onto his son. I believe Prince Jackson is attempting to carry out the wishes of his father.
By the way, it will be all right if Prince, occasionally, falls down; because
we fans will be there to pick him up.
:cheeky:

Last edited:
lol..another Latoya Jackson coup.

She can't help herself.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Look who I just met: <a href="http://t.co/vNsc4Grf" title="http://twitter.com/zachbraff/status/303309126153424896/photo/1">twitter.com/zachbraff/stat&#8230;</a></p>&mdash; Zach Braff (@zachbraff) <a href="https://twitter.com/zachbraff/status/303309126153424896">February 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think too many of you are jumping to conclusions. Prince Jackson is a very young person working to establish his own contacts in the Entertainment Business. Without his father, Michael Jackson, this isn't going to be easy.
Let's Give Prince Jackson a "Break" and our Support. :yes:

Oh Cherubim, you are the one jumping to conclusions:)
I asked valid question, was his interview for promotional stuff or what, I said nothing bad about it?
I shall reserve my nasty comments after I see the whole interview as what was the purpose of it.
The main thing was that no other Jackson was mentioned in it, so could be good thing then:)

I read the article again and realised that he interviewed the cast of Oz, so he was the host, or did I understood it incorrectly? I thought he was being interviewed by someone at ET.

Prince Michael's interview with the cast of Oz the Great and Powerful
will air in its entirety on Tuesday evening's Entertainment Tonight.

Im not sure what everyone's opinion is , but I really don't see anything wrong with Prince WANTING to give or interview someone on an entertainment program. That is the field he wants to go into so we are going to see a lot more of him promoting himself like this. Of course its a trade off .. Prince gets his airtime the show gets ratings. This is show biz and That's how is works .. That's how its suppose to work. That's why they call it show "Business'. Prince isn't a little baby anymore. He wants to persue his dreams. Maybe let's wait for something negative to happen, instead creating negativity where there is none.. Give the kid a chance. Also maybe allow him to have his own thoughts and opinions without judging them against our opinions. I know we all have our own opinions, but His are still valid regardless of yours or mine. In fact more valid because they relate to his own experiences. For example: His opinion of Oprah's interviewing skills of putting people at ease is based on his own personal experience, which we did not have. Hey Maybe it was an "Oprah moment" for him, the kind of "Oprah moment" his own dad acknowledged in his Oxford union speech.

I believe Prince is doing what his father taught him to do. Michael always said study and learn from the Greats and become greater. Prince is meeting and talking with successful film directors and actors, they will be more candid with him while he is young and not perceived as a rival in the industry. If this interview is like most TV interviews, a lot of the questions he asks will not be aired due to time constraints, but it will give him the opportunity to gain knowledge and expand his network. It would be best if he worked his networking skills now, before he can become an object of financial exploitation.

I am sure Prince will do good in this interview and make his father proud. but I would rather see prince to accomplish something first in his field before getting exposed in the limelight. I smell Latoya in this again. hooking up with a tabloid show. Michael's children really don't have much good influence around them. Michael put the best foundation to his children. I hope them wise enough to see the light and block all the leeches away from their life.

qbee said:
His opinion of Oprah's interviewing skills of putting people at ease is based on his own personal experience, which we did not have.

My opinion of oprah's interviewing skills is reading that she told beyonce that her shaking her booty and waving her weave around at superbowl was an example of art meeting god in some kind of sacred intersection. If prince is studying the greats i'd rather he didn't study oprah, jmo.

ET has a segment where they have younger people who are aspiring to be in the entertainment industry to do interviews. This is interesting....

Guys is this a good thing? What is the MO of Brook Andersont? Since I do not look at regular tv much I have no idea. Is this Oz thing a big show on TV?

I am trying to be objective about this thing. Now I think Prince is saying he admired the way Oprah was relaxed. He is not saying he admired Oprah & that is an important distinction here.

Very impressive what Prince is doing. Prefer a more highbrow venue, but what ever it takes to get your foot in the door.

Prince Michael Jackson Lands 'ET' Job :)

Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY4:15p.m. EST February 18, 2013

But he hopes this is just a stepping stone to greater work in show biz.

princeet-3_4_r536_c534.jpg

Michael Jackson's son, Prince Michael, is now working for 'ET.'(Photo: CBS Television Distribution)

Michael Jackson's son has become a member of the media.
Prince Michael Jackson, 16, is now working as a special correspondent for Entertainment Tonight.

"I've been raised around stuff like this so it was different being the interviewer instead of the one being interviewed," he says in a release announcing the new gig.

Jackson's first interview? ET's Brooke Anderson worked with him to chat with James Franco, Zach Braff and director Sam Raimi about their new movie, Oz the Great and Powerful.

Jackson says he would like have a career in the entertainment industry beyond ET. "I'm looking to become well-rounded as a producer, director, screenwriter and actor," he told ET's Anderson. When she remarked that he seems much wiser and older than 16, Prince Michael replied, "That's what most of my people say. That was all thanks to my dad. He raised me right."

As for his next interview? He hopes it will be "Peter Jackson, because I love his movies. Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and King Kong. I just love the way he shoots [and how] he brings things and depicts it back to life. I used to study his movies with my dad, put the volume off and just watch it, just the shots to see how he put it together."

During Jackson's interview with the stars, he got advice about show biz. Said Franco, "I always tell people, just go out and try, and stop waiting around or dreaming it's going to happen. Just go and start doing things on your own."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/02/18/prince-michael-jackson-lands-et-job/1928703/

Last edited:
Cherubim the comments about his dad was excellent. I love the way he brings it all back to the source--DAD. Usually we hear how grandma did it. I also like the way he ties in his producer goal to his dad when he mentions about them watching the movie together. Good interview although I don't like them calling him a "member of the media." Hopefully, soon he will be called a "producer" and then I could forget that media comment. Anyway when I looked at that B movie Miss Castaway, they allowed Michael to interview the author of that book--I can't remember his name now, & I know Michael was grateful to be the one interviewing someone for a change rather than someone interviewing him. I hope to see Prince doing bigger & better things, & I love his new hairstyle in that photo above.

Does this mean that you will be changing your siggy soon?

Well...as long as Diane Dimond isn't working for ET still? Also I would say they did the worse out of all those other entertainment shows because they hired Diane Dimond knowing how that women is with MJ. By the way is La Toya MJs kids secret manager or something, Geez? It's clearly her making these deals for the children. No wonder they "love" so much, she can make their dreams come true? o_O ET has crapped on MJ on so many occasions most recently with that Liberace ish, let's not forget! SMH I guess I would have picked a less crappier show?!

Last edited:
Well... as long as Diane Dimond is working still for ET...I guess it's all good?

Oh Oh, I hope he knows all about her & don't let her pull him into her web. I notice Michael's detractors like to be palsy with his kids to use them, including Oprah & Weisner. The thing is if both kids want to go into the entertainment industry, they will meet & work with all his haters. There is no way to avoid this, so all I am hoping is that they know who these people are so that they can be careful around them. They should smile & be courteous but be on their guard around them.

qbee;3779314 said:
Prince Michael's interview with the cast of Oz the Great and Powerful
will air in its entirety on Tuesday evening's Entertainment Tonight.

Im not sure what everyone's opinion is , but I really don't see anything wrong with Prince WANTING to give or interview someone on an entertainment program. That is the field he wants to go into so we are going to see a lot more of him promoting himself like this. Of course its a trade off .. Prince gets his airtime the show gets ratings. This is show biz and That's how is works .. That's how its suppose to work. That's why they call it show "Business'. Prince isn't a little baby anymore. He wants to persue his dreams. Maybe let's wait for something negative to happen, instead creating negativity where there is none.. Give the kid a chance. Also maybe allow him to have his own thoughts and opinions without judging them against our opinions. I know we all have our own opinions, but His are still valid regardless of yours or mine. In fact more valid because they relate to his own experiences. For example: His opinion of Oprah's interviewing skills of putting people at ease is based on his own personal experience, which we did not have. Hey Maybe it was an "Oprah moment" for him, the kind of "Oprah moment" his own dad acknowledged in his Oxford union speech.

bluetopez;3779429 said:
Well... as long as Diane Dimond is working still for ET...I guess it's all good?

I initially was very excited for him. While Entertainment Tonight is an entertainment tabloid magazine, MJ often did interviews with them. Their former lead host, Mary Hart, was the one who was on tour with him for a couple of days with the Bad tour. ET is the highest rated entertainment magazine type show in the states. It does employ the likes of Diane Dimond as a correspondent sometimes, but so has supposedly reputable news outlets employed her unscrupulous ilk, and all media have been tabloidish where MJ is concerned.

Entertainment Tonight is a great opportunity for Prince to flex his interview skills if he's determined to do so at this age. There isn&#8217;t a big name in the industry who does not do interviews with this show, so I was excited for him. Then, I see the LaToya photo with one of the stars of the OZ, meaning I believe she was there, too. I&#8217;ve got a feeling she and her manager, Jeffrey, who always stays behind the scenes and who was the instigator and manipulator for the Michael Forever Tribute, are acting as quasi managers for Prince. I wouldn&#8217;t be surprised if in a few years, we hear he has signed Prince to some contract that obligates Prince to him for life, or at least Prince&#8217;s professional earnings for life. Or even sooner, Prince will be on LaToya's Oprah show.

Considering the people he has surrounding him, Prince does need our support, especially when you consider no matter how good his performance may or may not be tomorrow, he&#8217;s going to be nitpicked and criticized all over the place just because he&#8217;s MJ&#8217;s son.

Prince is so impressive to me. I think he&#8217;s going to do great Tuesday. I just really wish he had people around him who genuinely care about him. But then, at least he has MJ fans.

Gerryevans loved your post. We are all hoping that better things come for him in the future. It is alarming when you mention Latoya, but she has become a stable influence in the public roles of these kids, and that is the way it is.

Prince Michael Jackson Lands 'ET' Job :)

Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY4:15p.m. EST February 18, 2013

But he hopes this is just a stepping stone to greater work in show biz.

princeet-3_4_r536_c534.jpg

Michael Jackson's son, Prince Michael, is now working for 'ET.'(Photo: CBS Television Distribution)

Michael Jackson's son has become a member of the media.
Prince Michael Jackson, 16, is now working as a special correspondent for Entertainment Tonight.

"I've been raised around stuff like this so it was different being the interviewer instead of the one being interviewed," he says in a release announcing the new gig.

Jackson's first interview? ET's Brooke Anderson worked with him to chat with James Franco, Zach Braff and director Sam Raimi about their new movie, Oz the Great and Powerful.

Jackson says he would like have a career in the entertainment industry beyond ET. "I'm looking to become well-rounded as a producer, director, screenwriter and actor," he told ET's Anderson. When she remarked that he seems much wiser and older than 16, Prince Michael replied, "That's what most of my people say. That was all thanks to my dad. He raised me right."

As for his next interview? He hopes it will be "Peter Jackson, because I love his movies. Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and King Kong. I just love the way he shoots [and how] he brings things and depicts it back to life. I used to study his movies with my dad, put the volume off and just watch it, just the shots to see how he put it together."

During Jackson's interview with the stars, he got advice about show biz. Said Franco, "I always tell people, just go out and try, and stop waiting around or dreaming it's going to happen. Just go and start doing things on your own."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/02/18/prince-michael-jackson-lands-et-job/1928703/

Hallejuhah!! This is a good gig. Gigs like this will lead to even greater opportunities.

Considering ET's history with dead celebs kids, this surprisingly isn't tacky at all.

So glad he held out for something legit.

Back