Queen

innuendo141

Proud Member
Yeah the Platinum Collection was where I started properly. GHII was my CD. As I grew older I ventured more towards the 70's then. Now Queen II is my jam. Start to finish. Diabolically good.

innuendo141

Proud Member
I thought the 70s had better albums but the 80s had better "hits". All in all GH2 was just more fun for me, and I connected with the songs way more than the rockier 70s stuff.

Plus, no Innuendo songs on GH1, so....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

aazzaabb

Proud Member
I thought the 70s had better albums but the 80s had better "hits". All in all GH2 was just more fun for me, and I connected with the songs way more than the rockier 70s stuff.

Plus, no Innuendo songs on GH1, so....

Good point. Their singles in the 80's were brilliant.

Tony R

Proud Member
I couldn't bring myself to by GHIII. Wasn't that the one they had to fill up with remixes?

I seem to remember a Wyclef one of Under Pressure?

innuendo141

Proud Member
No, Wyclef was AOBTD. Ther was the !Rah" mix of under pressure. But it had other geat songs, like The Show Must Go On with Elton, No One But You, Made In Heaven songs and Living On My Own :)

aazzaabb

Proud Member
I bought the 3-in-1 boxset of the Hits on cd, although I did own the first collection on cassette as a kid. We had many of their albums on vinyl when I was a child but never listened or knew what they were.

Tony R

Proud Member
No, Wyclef was AOBTD. Ther was the !Rah" mix of under pressure. But it had other geat songs, like The Show Must Go On with Elton, No One But You, Made In Heaven songs and Living On My Own :)

Yeah that's it.

Well, I can't stand Elton and have Freddie's solo stuff. It looked like a cash in, which is fair enough but didn't deserve to sit alongside the other two as a GH collection when most of it was either unreleased or not officially a Queen track.

innuendo141

Proud Member
Yeah that's it.

Well, I can't stand Elton and have Freddie's solo stuff. It looked like a cash in, which is fair enough but didn't deserve to sit alongside the other two as a GH collection when most of it was either unreleased or not officially a Queen track.
Still better than Queen Forever...

aazzaabb

Proud Member
Yeah that's it.

George Michael's Ladies & Gentlemen sort of does the opposite. Because it features around a dozen tracks that didn't feature on albums, it feels like a double album to me.

Tony R

Proud Member
George Michael's Ladies & Gentlemen sort of does the opposite. Because it features around a dozen tracks that didn't feature on albums, it feels like a double album to me.

Yeah but they're all legitimate GM songs. He had very few actual albums (2 with Wham! And 4 x solo (and L&G was before Patience), but he did a lot of non-album one off singles that were all hits so deserve a place on a GH compilation.

But Queen's GHIII had songs that Queen never released on any single or album.

aazzaabb

Proud Member
Yeah but they're all legitimate GM songs. He had very few actual albums (2 with Wham! And 4 x solo (and L&G was before Patience), but he did a lot of non-album one off singles that were all hits so deserve a place on a GH compilation.

But Queen's GHIII had songs that Queen never released on any single or album.
Well yes, that is my point. I tend to agree with you about Queen III. It's milking it a bit.

innuendo141

Proud Member
Yeah & that's how it should have been released, one for hardcore only. Not a standalone release.

It makes me ANGRY!!!
It doesnt even have spread your wings, or scandal!!!

Tony R

Proud Member
Also, I know it's not a Queen song but FM solo, but I found a new love for The Great Pretender this year. Keep playing it, and yes I do sing-along.

Of course the original by The Platters is also sublime.

innuendo141

Proud Member
Also, I know it's not a Queen song but FM solo, but I found a new love for The Great Pretender this year. Keep playing it, and yes I do sing-along.

Of course the original by The Platters is also sublime.
Check out the version by The Band. Gorgeous. The singer Richard Manuel was battling an horrific depression and alcohol battle at the time too, making it a much sadder song

DuranDuran

Proud Member
10/9/2018 by Hilary Lewis The Hollywood Reporter
panic_at_the_disco_amas.jpg

Panic! At the Disco paid tribute to Queen with a performance of "Bohemian Rhapsody" at the 2018 American Music Awards on Tuesday night.

The stars of 20th Century Fox's upcoming movie about the Freddie Mercury-fronted band — Rami Malek, Joe Mazzello and Gwilym Lee — introduced the performance from the stage of Los Angeles' Microsoft Theater, where the awards ceremony was taking place. The movie, also titled Bohemian Rhapsody, and directed by Bryan Singer, is set to hit theaters Nov. 2.

The film follows the band on its rise from infancy to superstardom, including Mercury's AIDS diagnosis. Malek plays Mercury and has said that Queen guitarist Brian May told him that movie brought him to tears and that Mercury would be proud of the project.

Onstage Tuesday night, Malek called playing Mercury a "gift and a tremendous honor," saying the band's "music and live performances are such an important part of rock history."

Lee added, "'Bohemian Rhapsody' is one of the most iconic and musically fascinating rock songs of all time."

The actors then threw to Panic! At the Disco at Qudos Bank Arena in Sydney, the band's first performance on the AMAs.

With rows of blue lights illuminating the band's performance, lead singer Brendon Urie began sitting at the piano, winking as he sang "Will you do the Fandango?" He hit the song's high notes and hopped on top of the piano for the uptempo section near the song's end.

The track, one of Queen's most popular and recognizable songs, was written by Mercury for the band's 1975 album A Night at the Opera.

Tracee Ellis Ross hosted the fan-voted awards show, which aired live on ABC.

Allusio

Proud Member
Re: Rami Malek on The Tonight Show (October 29, 2018)

Watched Bohemian Rhapsody today... IMHO, they did a wonderful job! Well, it's obviously not a documentary. But overall idea of the movie and presentation is really on point. Very emotional and rather respectful.
I was so afraid of it to be scandalous... Very happy with the result.