Random though about Michaels Superbowl show

randomchild

Proud Member
Hey ppl =]

I was watching Michael's 1993 superbowl halftime show, and a random thought occoured to me - How did he get into the stage ready to 'pop out' for the intro to 'Jam'? My best guess is that he was smuggled accross the pitch dressed as a member of the crew but other people might think or know differently?

I said it was random, but im just curious =]]

Intrested in hearing your views!!

Paul

yeah i know exactly what you're thinking about. I saw this concert documentary about a performer i cannot think of right now, where they smugled him in one of the equipment boxes.(like mike dissappears in MITM on dangerous tour) Because his openig act was in center of audience. I'm pretty sure michaels entrance was a similiar one.

But I would like to know the whole story of that one day :)
This is just my logical explanation. Detail's anyone?

^^ wow! I've never heard about that rumor! :hmm:

But I must say, he looks SO hot in that outfit that he wore, both in Jam and BOW!!!

I have never thought about that either.... I never really thought of him just popping up, or did he appear from below stage?

He popped out Jam/dangerous tour style. I believe if anything there was a hanger underneath the contraption he was dancing on, and when they were setting it up he traveled in it with other technicians working the sound or pyro. It seems pretty obvious to me, I don't see them trying to squeeze him in a box on wheels or sumthin haha Or have him disquise himself. That just seems like the most logical thing to me, the part that's more perplexing for me is how all the ppl in the stadium joined together to show the pictures of those kids. That truly goes to show how MJ really united people back during that time.

The entire performance is just awesome, I know its just little cardboards or something, but I thought it was soo cool how they made the little photographs that the kids drew come to "life" through the audience.

Maybe he had a stunt double

The entire performance is just awesome, I know its just little cardboards or something, but I thought it was soo cool how they made the little photographs that the kids drew come to "life" through the audience.

Maybe he had a stunt double

That was awesome :yes:

I have never thought about that either.... I never really thought of him just popping up, or did he appear from below stage?

He popped up dangerous tour style, but as the stage was in the centre of the field i wanna know how he got from the dressing rooms or w/e accross the pitch and into the stage without anyone in the audience noticing =P

Does anyone know where he went in the Dangerous show after they suited him up in the astronaut clothes but before his stunt double blasts off into the sky?

Does anyone know where he went in the Dangerous show after they suited him up in the astronaut clothes but before his stunt double blasts off into the sky?

Yeh when he goes and gets the jet pack from behind a box he switches places and then the box gets lifted up

With the hundreds of people on the ground participating in Michaels performance, it would not be too hard for him to sneak in and find a way to get under the stage...

He was in the stage when they brought it out. Remember this is half time of the Superbowl (HUGE in the U.S.) and the stage is rolled out IMMEDIATELY after the first half and they only have 20 minutes for the entire half time show. I remember them saying on Tv, how is he going to do this? Meaning MJ. He was already in the stage to begin with. It was really cool to see the look-alikes on top of the light stands before, now that was MAGIC!

YES that was a CRAZY excellent moment. I forgot all about that. EXCELLENT moment (the impersonators).

Rumor Going On Here In Arizona (superbowl State)

The Superbowl is going down 15-20 minutes away from my house. SEVERAL celebs are flying in to throw parties, do concerts, club events.. etc.. ALL TO SUPPORT the Superbowl. (and put some $$ in there pockets ;)) lol!

Anyways..

AKON is performing here at a smaller arena near the Superbowl Stadium.. Yesterday the radio station began speaking about MICHAEL JACKSON appearing at Akons concert to possibly perform WBSS with Akon..

Now this is a rumor (as what I know) But for sure NOTHING has been confirmed.

What I will do is find out where Akon is performing and try to get some scoop by contacting the place..

BUT OF COURSE rumors like this are going to come up at this time.. considering what's going on..

He popped out Jam/dangerous tour style. I believe if anything there was a hanger underneath the contraption he was dancing on, and when they were setting it up he traveled in it with other technicians working the sound or pyro. It seems pretty obvious to me, I don't see them trying to squeeze him in a box on wheels or sumthin haha Or have him disquise himself. That just seems like the most logical thing to me, the part that's more perplexing for me is how all the ppl in the stadium joined together to show the pictures of those kids. That truly goes to show how MJ really united people back during that time.

yep.bingo;)

I loved the superbowl performance! I never thought about how he got onto the stage, though!!! Cool!

Jackson eyeing Super Bowl comeback
Published: Jan. 27, 2008 at 12:26 PM

NEW YORK, Jan. 27 (UPI) -- This year's Super Bowl may serve as a launch pad for a comeback campaign by fading U.S. pop music icon Michael Jackson, it was reported Sunday.

The New York Post reported Sunday that as part of a rumored comeback attempt by Jackson and to honor the 25th anniversary of the singer's hit album "Thriller," SoBe Life Water will air an advertisement modeled after the famed album during the Super Bowl.

While PepsiCo has not confirmed Jackson's involvement in the advertising campaign for the company's vitamin-enhanced beverage, an internal music from Sony Music said the TV spot next Sunday has been "confirmed."

The Post said that memo also referred to a "major TV, radio, online and outdoor advertising campaign" during the week of Feb. 8 that likely will be coordinated with the launch of Jackson's "Thriller 25" album.

Jackson's comeback also may include an appearance at the annual Grammy Awards Feb. 10, where the music star is expected to perform new or remixed versions of "Thriller" tracks.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Entertainment/2008/01/27/jackson_eyeing_super_bowl_comeback/6846/

Re: Rumor Going On Here In Arizona (superbowl State)

The Superbowl is going down 15-20 minutes away from my house. SEVERAL celebs are flying in to throw parties, do concerts, club events.. etc.. ALL TO SUPPORT the Superbowl. (and put some $$ in there pockets ;)) lol!

Anyways..

AKON is performing here at a smaller arena near the Superbowl Stadium.. Yesterday the radio station began speaking about MICHAEL JACKSON appearing at Akons concert to possibly perform WBSS with Akon..

Now this is a rumor (as what I know) But for sure NOTHING has been confirmed.

What I will do is find out where Akon is performing and try to get some scoop by contacting the place..

BUT OF COURSE rumors like this are going to come up at this time.. considering what's going on..

Omg r u serious?! I wud drive there so fast lol. im only about 30 minutes away!

When the stage was brought into the middle of the field, MJ would have been sitting inside of it. It only took 2 - 3 mins to put the stage together and Mike would have been sitting inside there the entire time.

Back