Rebbie leads family back on stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophielo

Proud Member
http://blogs.mcall.com/lehighvalleym...els-death.html

Like all of Michael Jackson’s eight brothers and sisters, Rebbie Jackson was crushed by the King of Pop’s death June 25, 2009.

But for Rebbie, 59, the oldest sibling, it came at a particularly difficult time. After just a handful of concerts and recordings in a decade, Rebbie — best known for her 1984 hit “Centipede” — had recently ventured back into performing. She played a show in Scranton and had others scheduled when Michael died.

Ten months later, Rebbie (pronounced “Ree-Bee”) will return to the stage — again in Scranton — on Saturday when she headlines “A Nod to Greatness: Motown and More,” a concert also featuring former Temptations lead singer Damon Harris and his tribute band at Lackawanna College’s Mellow Theater.

The concert will be the first by a member of the Jackson family in the United States since Michael’s death.

In a recent telephone call from her Las Vegas home, Rebbie Jackson talked about the upcoming concert, her past, and her iconic late brother. Here is a transcript:

Lehigh Valley Music: How did it come about that you’re playing a show in Scranton?

Rebbie Jackson: “Well actually, I performed in Scranton over a year ago. I performed at one of the rooms at the college there. And that’s how it came about, actually. In fact, I had about three more shows I may have been doing, And of course, with the passing of my brother, I was not able to honor them. And so we just picked up from there, and I had the opportunity to continue working. But this wasn’t part of that – it was just something that they thought of that would be a great idea, with Damon Harris and his group (The Temptations Tribute) and everything.”

And the concert itself, the promotion of it is that it’s going to be a tribute of sorts.

“Well, I’m not doing a tribute. I’ve made it very clear that my part is not the tribute to my brother. I am not doing a tribute. The Temptations are doing – or I should say Damon Harris – they’re doing a tribute to the Temptations. However, what I’m doing is my show that I normally perform when I’m touring or whenever I’ve done anything in the Vegas area. However, there are songs that I perform of my family, my brothers – and Michael as well. But it’s not a tribute to my brother Michael.”

I need to make that distinction in my story.

“I appreciate your doing that, too. I really do.”

Some mention has been made that this is the first concert by a member of the Jackson family since Michael’s passing.

“That is not true at all [Laughs] [NOTE: It actually is the first U.S. concert by a member of the Jackson family since Michael’s death.]. Our bother Tito has performed all over in Europe with Gladys Knight, and also by himself. That’s not true at all. In fact, I was very reluctant, prior to now, to performing at all because I did not want to do anything – I personally didn’t. I’ve been offered opportunities to perform and I’ve turned them down. But now I feel comfortable – it’s been a substantial amount of time since that happened and I’m dealing with it and I feel OK right now.

“Of course, in conjunction with the fact that I had performed last year, I definitely want to please these people and especially the fans that came and supported me, because I had definitely made the statement that I would carry through with performing because I had entered that relationship with them prior to my brother’s passing.”

I apologize for not knowing this, but can you tell me how much you’ve been performing in recent years? The last awareness I had was when you did your Las Vegas stand in the early 2000s.

“Not a whole lot at all, but I’ve been doing a few things here and there. But not a whole lot. And I’ve been really just concentration on spending time – I have a grandson, and I’ve been spending time with him, even though he lives in California and I’m here. However, I spend a great amount of time with him. And then I’ve been spending time with the family, as well. And then there’s been other things that I’ve been doing – just getting involved with different projects, working with my family. And especially so recently since the passing of my brother. And I recently traveled to New York with my sister for the premiere and the opening of her movie. And then I also did some things in California recently with one of my brothers. But it was nothing along the lines of performing – projects we’ve been working on, that’s all.”

I saw that you had accompanied Janet to the opening of “Why Did I Get Married Too,” and wondered whether that was your debut back into entertainment after your brother’s passing.

“Umm-hmm.”

OK. The last formal studio album that you put out was “Yours Faithfully” in 1998. Do you have designs on working on anymore formal releases at this point.

“To be very honest, I haven’t seriously thought about it, but I have to say I’ve been asked a few times, and especially recently about recording with different producers. But I’m not concentrating so much on releasing any product just right now. I’m really not doing that. When the time comes -- and I’m very serious about this – when the time comes where I feel comfortable doing it, I will. But I have had a couple of opportunities, and this was prior to my brother passing, too. In fact, when I was in the Bahamas a few years back, my family and I – meaning some of my brothers and my sister – I had talked with a few people who were interested in doing some work with me along those lines. But right now I’m not really that interested in doing anything. I have done a little bit of something with a guy by the name of Preston Glass [a well-known hitmaking producer/songwriter/musician]. I guess it’s been about two years ago. I did some recording with him. But it was on his album [on the song “Save the Stress for Last” on the album “Music as Medicine”]. It was him and Brian Culbertson. He’s a very well-known jazz musician.”

When “Yours Faithfully” came out, that was your first album in 10 years or so. What had you been doing before that?

“Well, I don’t know if you know, but I’m very much involved with my religion – I’m one of Jehovah’s witnesses. And I spend a lot of time with that – a lot. And I’ve done it all through the years, even when I recorded ‘Centipede’ and some of the other projects that I was involved with. I’ve always been committed to that. And so I spend a lot of time, as well.”

And you’ve raised up a family as well.

“Yes, I have a family [Laughs]. They’re grown now, and I spend a lot of time with them. I have a son who’s very much involved in music. In fact, he’s going to be coming out with a product very soon. He worked with [Grammy Award-winning songwriter and producer] Rodney Jerkins and a lot of other artists. But he’s seriously involved in his work and he’s very single-minded about it.”

Is that Austin?

“His name is Austin.”

He actually played on “Yours Faithfully,” didn’t he?

“Yes, my son-in-law is on it as well. My son in law Rex Salas, he is very well known in the music industry. He worked with a lot of different artists. He’s a producer, and he was Janet’s music director for years. Janet still uses him from time to time, but he’s worked with, oooh, Boys II Men, Mariah Carey, Cher. He’s worked with a lot of different artists and he’s very much an accomplished pianist.”

Let me ask this, when you did put out your studio projects – I know “Yours Faithfully” and even your first album, that Michael was a part of that. Will you miss his input into your music?

“Well, Michael – what can I say? When it comes to the music, he is incredible. When it comes to producing, singing as well as writing. Yes, I will – very much so. He was incredible in the studio when I recorded ‘Centipede.’ In fact, when I recorded ‘Centipede,’ I actually learned the lyrics while I was recording it. I really did – I learned the lyrics as I was recording the song. And it was written for me – it was a song that he wrote for me, and as well there is a song on ‘Yours Faithfully’ – ‘Fly Away’ – it was one of his favorite songs. In fact, he put it on one of his albums that he released in Europe. But he produced that one – that was one that was produced on me, and he’s actually singing on that song on the chorus with me.”

Tell me this – why were you the last of the family to release a record?

“I think a lot of it was because in a lot of way, I was the last to really get involved in the music industry. My whole family was living in California when my brothers got started. And I was living in Kentucky [Laughs]. I came here years later, and so I was one of the last ones to become part of what existed at the time as a family show. As a result, I guess sort of everything sort of catapulted after that. That’s a lot of the reason why it happened.

“And then I was part of the TV show that we had at the time. And then, you know, it was just one of those things that happen in succession. But that had a lot to do with it. However, it’s interesting – even though you said that the album that I recorded – ‘Centipede’ – was recorded before any of the material that my sister Janet had recorded.”

And how did happen?

“I guess because at the time, I had just come to California. You see, how I got involved in the music industry, as far as a solo artist was concerned – ‘cause this was after we had the family show – I pretty much tried to find contact and get involved in the music industry on my own. I didn’t necessarily go through the channels of going through my family. I made my own contacts and I recorded in different studios, and it was something that I did by myself without the assistance and help with my family at first. And then naturally, at the very end, my brother Michael got involved. But Wayne Henderson of the Jazz Crusaders, he was one of the ones who produced my very first album. And I worked with him, I worked with [Grammy-winning R&B singer] Betty Wright. I worked with Wanda Hutchinson of the Emotions. And so there were different ones that I had started sort of working with. And I even worked with Isaac Hayes. I did some recording with him. I’m just saying that a lot of it was because I didn’t go through the normal channels and it was a little bit more difficult because I did it the way I did. Because when I first came to California, nobody knew who I was or anything about me. I was a mystery to just about everybody, because most people didn’t even know that the Jacksons had another sister.”

I remember that the Isaac Hayes song [“Tonight I’m Yours”] ended up getting airplay even though it wasn’t released as a single.

“Yeah. That’s also one my brother Tito produced on me. Tito had an incredible recording studio in his home, and Isaac and I came together, and that was one of the songs that we did.”

You and your husband, Nathaniel Brown, are married 40 years.

“That’s not correct. It’s 41 years.”

Your involvement with Michael’s children: There were some stories that you would get custody of them.

Right now the children are at home with my mom in California. And I help out as much as I possibly can. I’m here in Las Vegas, and I go back alllll the time. [Laughs] I’ve been away from home so much, but I’m there a lot – as much as I can be. And that basically where it’s at right now.”

Do you have any expectation that you will have a larger role at some point?

“I don’t know what’s going to happen. [Laughs] That’s a good question.”

I also just wanted to let you have a moment to tell me your feelings about your brother’s passing and your reaction.

“Well, I was very – when something like that happens with anyone, it takes you by surprise, in as much as you don’t expect it. Death is like a sting, and is something that you never get over with. But I knew he had a problem, and as a result of all that I was very much concerned. Our family had been involved in several interventions, trying to help as much as possible. And of course, he was always in denial. But then also, I know there are other underlying reasons as to when he passed – why it happened – which I can’t go into because it’s being thoroughly investigated.

“But I do know that it was the most horrible experience I’ve ever, ever, ever had in my life. And it was very difficult and it still is, because for each and every day you get up, I didn’t know how to put one foot in front of the other one. I mean, I just couldn’t function. And even last night, since you asked me this question, I woke up I think around 3 in the morning. And I keep my TV on sometimes on the music channel – Soundscape easy listening music – and I just started thinking about him and I couldn’t stop. So it hurts.

“But you know, I feel that I’m looking forward to a time when hopefully I’ll be able to see him again. Because we believe in the fact that there’s a hope of a resurrection in which people will have the opportunity to live on the Earth. And that’s left in the creator’s hands.

“So I tell you, it’s not the easiest thing in the world, though. It’s very difficult. And what makes it hard is whenever you step in the food market, whenever you go into a department store, you’re on the elevator, or whenever you turn on the radio or television, you’re hearing his music everywhere. And you can’t escape from it. And at one point, I couldn’t stand to listen to the music because it reminded me. But now it’s different, which is one of the reasons why I’m not having as much of a problem performing now, because I’m looking at it from a totally different perspective now.”

“The thing about it – no matter who it is, they’re dear to you, whether they’re public or not. I mean, that’s your family. And that’s when I try to take that public part out of it in thinking about it. It’s family, and when you lose a family member, that hurts. And that’s what the public has to realize – it’s not always about his accomplishments and all that. He was my brother. I used to walk Michael to school, and I used to walk him to my grandmother’s house when he was a little bitty kid because my grandmother babysat him, and she lived a long ways away, and then I would go to a school that was close to her area. I was one of the ones that helped raise him [Laughs]. And I think of that more than anything growing up. And all the little things that happened – the personality traits and how we interacted with one another. And that’s what I always think of – he was my brother. And that’s what hurts most of all.”

Will other members of the family be at the concert in Scranton?

“Not that I know of – if there are, it’s a surprise to me.”

I have to tell you this: I actually got an e-mail from someone who identified himself as Jermaine, saying he and others would be there.

“I don’t believe that that’s true. I know you got the e-mail, I’m not questioning that. But I believe it was someone else. Not that they wouldn’t come. But I’ve been talking with Jermaine, and people do that kind of thing to us all the time. They’ve done it to me – they perpetrate and came off as if they were me.”

What else do you want me to know about the show?

“Well, it’s going to be an exciting show and, as I said earlier, there are quite a few numbers that I do, and some of them are the numbers that have been off my albums and I do some cover tunes and I also do some of the songs of my family, of my brothers as well as Michael. And it’s something that I know that the fans will really enjoy, and I’m going to do as best as job as I can. I’m very happy to have the opportunity to be there to be involved in all of this.”

“Some of the band members who are with me have been with me for years, for maybe like 20 and more years. And that’s something that’s important for me to convey. As well as the fact that I just want to say hi to the people in Scranton and then the area – Allentown. It’s something that I’m really excited about, and I look forward to being there.”

-----------------------------------------

This is the full unedited article. I have kept the old thread closed as every post was argumentative and it got way out of control so I have made a fresh thread. Please discuss this but not let this get out of control like the last thread. If it does it will remain closed permanantly.

I guess I was wrong about a few things. LOL!

After reading this article, it appears to me that "maybe" Rebbie would have been down with the supposed family reunion concert, which All Good Entertainment wanted to do. When the All Good story first broke, I figured that Rebbie would not want to participate after being away from the stage for so long, but I guess "maybe" she would have participated after all.

Now I wonder if she was part of the "family tag-team," that was trying to get Michael to participate.

As to the, "Michael had a problem" part of the story, the only thing I want to know is: If he had such a "problem," why were certain family members begging him to hit the stage with him.

I mean, we all know Jermaine had been talking about it for a zillion years. LOL! Joe Jackson and Leonard Rowe had been trying to put something together for several years. And Janet spoke about "conference calls," with some of her brothers, wherein they discussed a family reunion concert. She even said that should would be willing to open FOR her brothers.

That's the ONLY reason that this talk of a "problem" and being in "denial," sees so odd to me.

Right now the whole Jackson family makes me very very very mad. I lost all respect for them...not that they care. But what goes around comes around...

...And that is all I am gonna say until Randy's next tweet.

damn..lol...yall makin life so hard for us..

Sorry guys! Slight misunderstanding but all is super duper now. This is the thread that will feature this story. I didn't re-open one as it would be too much to delete plus the full article is quoted this time.

no...it's just the whole subject matter. it's hard. it just makes me hurt for Michael Jackson, more. and i understand that the media is the media..and i respect the family, if that is the family that is actually being interviewed, but everybody in the media..and...whoever it is that is being interviewed, is making this very very hard. i'm just beginning to wish that some things just wouldn't be talked about. i mean..we have an autopsy report...and everything just feels like a continuous attempt to sully the very humanitarian life of Michael Jackson, in unwarranted fashion. i can no longer tell the interviewers from the interviewees. and if i didn't know who the interviewers or interviewees were, then they would all sound like the same person, en masse. when will it ever end? so many things are off limits to discuss about so many people..but it feels like nothing is off limits when it comes to Michael. why is he always the last person, if at all, to be respected? whether the ones doing the discussing are his family, or us, or anyone else, for that matter, nothing seems to be off limits, no matter how much information, or truth, is actually available.

is making a positive difference in the world always going to be rewarded in this negative fashion?

Last edited:
Freddie Mercury died of aids,and no one from his family,sisters and living parents,ex girlfriends,lovers,bandmates,collaborators,employers whatever said anything about the problems he had to the press,many of them didn't even asked him what he really had till the very last day out of respect,some others who knew he was dying and why, LIED to defend his privacy and the privacy of those who loved him,telling the press he was fine or a simple NO COMMENT.
I still have to understand what M's kids will think the day they'll read that some of the fam members who are "there for them" talk so easily about problems and private stuff they know so little about...like it's so easy.
I wish they'd give M the dignity he deserves as an artist and most of all as a father,son and brother.
If the press is unreliable and invent things or distort an inteview,it takes only a message via facebook or twitter to deny or explain better...it's as simple as that.

You staff members are very confusing... close open close open. I started a new thread yesterday because i knew the other one was beyond repair and it was merged with the nonsense and now the same article is posted again lol.

Anyways Rebbie has always be en the reserved sibling mostly focused on raising her family, she has had some chart success in the past and hasn't said a bad thing about michael that i can recall. I wish her the best on her performance :)

when will it ever end? so many things are off limits to discuss about so many people..but it feels like nothing is off limits when it comes to Michael. why is he always the last person, if at all, to be respected? whether the ones doing the discussing are his family, or us, or anyone else, for that matter, nothing seems to be off limits, no matter how much information, or truth, is actually available.

is making a positive difference in the world always going to be rewarded in this negative fashion?

Thank you, thank you for saying that, 'cause this is what I've been feeling. This is what's been bothering me especially when I hear certain family members speak.

Freddie Mercury died of aids,and no one from his family,sisters and living parents,ex girlfriends,lovers,bandmates,collaborators,employers whatever said anything about the problems he had to the press,many of them didn't even asked him what he really had till the very last day out of respect,some others who knew he was dying and why, LIED to defend his privacy and the privacy of those who loved him,telling the press he was fine or a simple NO COMMENT.
I still have to understand what M's kids will think the day they'll read that some of the fam members who are "there for them" talk so easily about problems and private stuff they know so little about...like it's so easy.
I wish they'd give M the dignity he deserves as an artist and most of all as a father,son and brother.
If the press is unreliable and invent things or distort an inteview,it takes only a message via facebook or twitter to deny or explain better...it's as simple as that.

Well, this needs to be corrected.....NONE of them are there for the kids.

All a big facade...

You staff members are very confusing... close open close open. I started a new thread yesterday because i knew the other one was beyond repair and it was merged with the nonsense and now the same article is posted again lol.

Anyways Rebbie has always be en the reserved sibling mostly focused on raising her family, she has had some chart success in the past and hasn't said a bad thing about michael that i can recall. I wish her the best on her performance :)

Again our apologies. Due to the amount of times this thread was reposted after it was closed yesterday there was a bit of confusion. But all is well now.

Again our apologies. Due to the amount of times this thread was reposted after it was closed yesterday there was a bit of confusion. But all is well now.

A question? Have you guys thought of removing the Jackson family section completely? It is pointless (appropriately so, I guess)......and only cause grief.

Well, this needs to be corrected.....NONE of them are there for the kids.

All a big facade...
ikr that's why it's between commas.

I think as long as they keep disrespecting M like this there's no way these posts will be moderate as much as I kinda love some of them very much and you can feel her pain,it's there and it must be very hard but it's really too much to hear from his own blood.
I don't know if they usually talk shit about each other in the press...I don't follow them so much but I don't think Rebbie questioned ever publicly Jermaine and Randy marital problems or her sister Janet prescription drugs to lose weight or the nipple scandal or her father...and so on...do they talk about each other or only about Michael?

Fredie Mercury is not on the same level as Michael , so the press wasn't as interested. and I don't hear the press either blaming Fredie's Mercury family for his death it's exactly what Oprah said to Janet ,her impression was that the family sat back and just let Michael self destructed didn't love him enough to try to help him. I can;t imagine after losing a loved one how that would feel for a family , so if they honeslty did try to help him than yeah I can why they are letting it be know they did try to help at some point.

and the kids are going to have to find out one day , I would weather them hear it from the family instead of being blinded sided one day if they decide to any interviews in the furture. and that certainly means they don't love the children .

Fredie Mercury is not on the same level as Michael , so the press wasn't as interested. and I don't hear the press either blaming Fredie's Mercury family for his death it's exactly what Oprah said to Janet ,her impression was that the family sat back and just let Michael self destructed didn't love him enough to try to help him. I can;t imagine after losing a loved one how that would feel for a family , so if they honeslty did try to help him than yeah I can why they are letting it be know they did try to help at some point.

and the kids are going to have to find out one day , I would weather them hear it from the family instead of being blinded sided one day if they decide to any interviews in the furture. and that certainly means they don't love the children .

no..actually, it doesn't matter who you hear it from, whether it be family or not, if it can't be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt, it will always be a blindside hit. you can't assume that just because somebody is blood that they will always be truthful about them. how many wives divorce from husbands, and try to poison one former spouse against another, in the eyes of the kids? many.

nothing is qualified for assuming...including love. that's just reality. MJ's kids are hearing this from every angle, as if it's a Michael Jackson song. they are hearing it globally, via press and tv. i saw Paris on the stage, and she is strong for her father..so i'll just stand on the idea of privacy being paramount. especially since we don't know about the facts. what? is Paris considered to not knowing what was going on with her own father? or is it just more fun to pick the family member who will say something negative?

and how do you know how big Freddie Mercury was?

how is it that people on this site get blasted for diminishing the bigness of so many artists, in favor of Michael, but when it comes to the press, in events like this, suddenly all other artists are now dwarfed, in comparison to Michael? that's a double standard.

I Like Rebbie and she is being truthfull, she is not trying to hurt Michael by saying he was in denial. She sounds as if she is in serious pain from the lost of her brother. Fans need to realize MJ was not perfect and was convinced by Doctors that this drug could not harm him. He convinced himself that it would not do anything to him inturn.

I Like Rebbie and she is being truthfull, she is not trying to hurt Michael by saying he was in denial. She sounds as if she is in serious pain from the lost of her brother. Fans need to realize MJ was not perfect and was convinced by Doctors that this drug could not harm him. He convinced himself that it would not do anything to him inturn.

fans don't have to realize anything. you have absolutely no proof of what doctors apparently said to Michael. none. and drawing the 'not perfect' card is tired. that has nothing to do with what was going on here.

that's like saying MJ was not perfect, so he must have been a child molester. the 'not perfect' card really has become a tired cliche'. and so is painting Michael as stupid. many patients question their doctors and are smart, in the face of their doctors. but then again, i know of the popularity of painting Michael as a stupid nutcase, who has a smaller amount of intelligence than your average human being.

yeah..i know..Rebbie is truthful. it's only Michael that is capable of telling a little lie, here and there, right?

here's a thought...if MJ was in such denial, then, that means nobody ever actually saw him do drugs..so..that means, he felt comfortable denying stuff. right? even Michael would have to stop denying, if a family member actually caught him in the act..so..maybe, they never saw him..they just assumed.

i have yet to see somebody who can accurately judge someone by just looking at them, and not seeing them in the act of doing what they are being accused of.

i mean, this sounds like those guards who worked for MJ, who looked at him, and assumed that he might be on something.

i mean, if you're going to be worried about how you are perceived by the public, to the point of sacrificing your family member to the press, then you ought to know that, whether or not, you keep your business private, or spill it to the press, there will be at least fifty percent of the public that will still not approve of you. so, you might as well look out for your relative, instead of looking out just for yourself.

it's easier to sleep at night if i'm willing to take the press bullet, if i don't look out for myself, than it is, if i help someone else take the press bullet in my place...especially, if they are family.

we should not have to be observing the Jerry Springer show, in this situation.

Last edited:

The point of my post it's not comparing the two like it's a competition on who's more famous (the press hunted Mercury for years the rumours of aids started 4 years before he died,I have an entire collection of old articles and tv news reports videotaped, it was literally pestered by paparazzi and tabloids to the point of not leaving his house to even see his parents)
My point was learning to stfu,M's kids feelings are more important than his brothers feelings,especially when you know the press is there to get you.

But you make a good point,maybe they keep talking about the interventions as a way to show that they really cared?It can be...too bad the only thing they were talking about at the time was reunions tours and J5,not saving M's life,it just doesn't make sense..
Is it more important not to lose your face to the press accusing you of whatever or defending the memory of a father of 3 orphans who can't defend him?
To hear what from the family?that their dad was an out of control druggie instead of someone who suffered from severe insomnia?Why everybody in these interviews fail to mention insomnia?

It took less then 5 months,to some kids their age that I know to got to know everything about M that is possible to know...It won't take long for M's kids to know everything...well to know more than they already know,those kids ain't dumb.

no..actually, it doesn't matter who you hear it from, whether it be family or not, if it can't be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt, it will always be a blindside hit. you can't assume that just because somebody is blood that they will always be truthful about them. how many wives divorce from husbands, and try to poison one former spouse against another, in the eyes of the kids? many.

nothing is qualified for assuming...including love. that's just reality. MJ's kids are hearing this from every angle, as if it's a Michael Jackson song. they are hearing it globally, via press and tv. i saw Paris on the stage, and she is strong for her father..so i'll just stand on the idea of privacy being paramount. especially since we don't know about the facts. what? is Paris considered to not knowing what was going on with her own father? or is it just more fun to pick the family member who will say something negative?

and how do you know how big Freddie Mercury was?

how is it that people on this site get blasted for diminishing the bigness of so many artists, in favor of Michael, but when it comes to the press, in events like this, suddenly all other artists are now dwarfed, in comparison to Michael? that's a double standard.

there is always going to be stuff that can't be proven withou a shadow of doubt , we don't know they know or saw that led them to believe Michael was in denile and needed inverteventions in the first place, and Michael from most accounts kept his children shelttered form certain things, they are going to grow up and hear all of this anyway , and all bout their father, the good, the bad and all the inbetween, It's going to come out one day, and I think the family should be the ones to tell them why they feel the way some of them do ? you don't the children are going to ask them ? like hey why do you think my father was in denile?

Janet would not talk about "MJ's problems" when he was alive why not have the same respect for him now that he is not here. Why not take it to that level especially now that he is not here. The family is very mum about their own personal demons but have no problem perpetuating this same story when we have an autopsy report that contradicts them on every level.
They were not around him much in his last days by their own admission and instead of saying nothing or saying they don't know everything, they give half truths without a time frame to put it in context.
Rebbie even says in this interview about underlying reasons that they could not talk about because of an ongoing investigation. Well, if you cannot paint a complete picture because of an investigstion, how about saying' "No comment," until the investigation is over and you can paint a complete picture that will give some kind of understanding of who MJ was (if you need to comment) instead of feeding a media frenzy.

On that note I shut up. this makes me very angry. It makes me very angry and I am so disappointed in rebbie. Ugghh!!

there is always going to be stuff that can't be proven withou a shadow of doubt , we don't know they know or saw that led them to believe Michael was in denile and needed inverteventions in the first place, and Michael from most accounts kept his children shelttered form certain things, they are going to grow up and hear all of this anyway , and all bout their father, the good, the bad and all the inbetween, It's going to come out one day, and I think the family should be the ones to tell them why they feel the way some of them do ? you don't the children are going to ask them ? like hey why do you think my father was in denile?

why do you assume that these kids are dumb? how do you know they don't already know about their father? how do you know they don't know what the real truth is?

The point of my post it's not comparing the two like it's a competition on who's more famous (the press hunted Mercury for years the rumours of aids started 4 years before he died,I have an entire collection of old articles and tv news reports videotaped, it was literally pestered by paparazzi and tabloids to the point of not leaving his house to even see his parents)
My point was learning to stfu,M's kids feelings are more important than his brothers feelings,especially when you know the press is there to get you.

But you make a good point,maybe they keep talking about the interventions as a way to show that they really cared?It can be...too bad the only thing they were talking about at the time was reunions tours and J5,not saving M's life,it just doesn't make sense..
Is it more important not to lose your face to the press accusing you of whatever or defending the memory of a father of 3 orphans who can't defend him?
To hear what from the family?that their dad was an out of control druggie instead of someone who suffered from severe insomnia?Why everybody in these interviews fail to mention insomnia?

It took less then 5 months,to some kids their age that I know to got to know everything about M that is possible to know...It won't take long for M's kids to know everything...well to know more than they already know,those kids ain't dumb.

I see what your saying but it all came out once he died that he had aids, so there was nothing really to say the family couldn't deny it , he died from aids. and Michaels family did respect his privacy while he was still living and some of them did deny it in 07, maybe they feel it all came out anyway that's why some of them are talking about it now.

the point is that they keep saying he was in denial and a drug addict as a fact...it is wrong to talk about those things in the first place knowing the kids will suffer.
if the kids want to know stuff they don't need to have the media as a filter,they just have to pick up the phone and call whoever they want,not to buy a magazine...their father being called names in tabloids is not the best way to address their future questions.
I don't see the point of talking about things they don't know behind the kids backs.

why do you assume that these kids are dumb? how do you know they don't already know about their father? how do you know they don't know what the real truth is?

I am talking about all the rumors and hearsay and I am sure they haven't heard all of it, and ssems like Katherien is doing the same proctecing them from it, but what I am saying they are going hear about all of it at some point.

I see what your saying but it all came out once he died that he had aids, so there was nothing really to say the family couldn't deny it , he died from aids. and Michaels family did respect his privacy while he was still living and some of them did deny it in 07, maybe they feel it all came out anyway that's why some of them are talking about it now.

Freddie Mercury's autopsy would, most likely, accurately say 'AIDS'. but it still was not known, until way after the fact.

Michael's autopsy doesn't jibe with the accusations against him. no indication of a body worn down by years of drug abuse.

so..medically speaking, it's all speculation that has been bandied about in the press.

They started speculating 4 years before and for 4 years everyone denied everything,it was pretty clear he was positive.Yes Freddie was forced to tell the truth the night before he died publicly,only 3 or 4 ppl knew,he was forced because it was impossible to deny it,but not a single person said anything,not even after he died.Not a disregarding word.His will made some ppl talk but no one complained,not a word!Everything was respectful.

An autopsy was performed on MJ and nothing came out,they should say"he had a problem sleeping,he had severe insomnia and took drastic ways to fix it and we didn't know the extent of it,we were worried but the autopsy says our brother was clean".Period.Organs don't lie and they don't assume anything.
This is the best way to put it,it's realistic,respectful for him and his kids.
Even more respectful would be not talking about this at all.

"I have no proof of any doctor apparently said to Michael. none"....mmmm...let me see...yeah ... I have proof of at least 3 doctors OR MEDICIAL personnels, that said that said that to MJ. The first person being Cheryl Lee the nurse practioner, who said MJ called her in april of 09 asking for the drug and she did research and and told him of the dangers of it....What was his response... he said the doctor told me it is safe once you have someone to monitor him (or something close to that). There was also that german dr that lives in NY, yes the one cnn tract down who did not deny while on camera being questioned about accompaniny MJ on the history tour and having a mini clinic where he administered the propofol.. (I believe he was the one to introduce him to the drug) and he must of told him well it comes out you system fast does no harm blah blah blah....And ofcourse the african dentist that Murray visited to get tips on administration. As the case continue you will here of many more.

And as for you conclusion that I must believe that MJ was a pedo because I am saying he was not a perfect man is rediculous. You need a fresh wipp of reality. Michael was a sweet too trusting person, that is why he trusted ppl like Chandler, the Avirozs and Murray. Stop putting him on a pedastal and accept that he made a mistake and believed that the drug would not do him any harm.

fans don't have to realize anything. you have absolutely no proof of what doctors apparently said to Michael. none. and drawing the 'not perfect' card is tired. that has nothing to do with what was going on here.

that's like saying MJ was not perfect, so he must have been a child molester. the 'not perfect' card really has become a tired cliche'. and so is painting Michael as stupid. many patients question their doctors and are smart, in the face of their doctors. but then again, i know of the popularity of painting Michael as a stupid nutcase, who has a smaller amount of intelligence than your average human being.

yeah..i know..Rebbie is truthful. it's only Michael that is capable of telling a little lie, here and there, right?

here's a thought...if MJ was in such denial, then, that means nobody ever actually saw him do drugs..so..that means, he felt comfortable denying stuff. right? even Michael would have to stop denying, if a family member actually caught him in the act..so..maybe, they never saw him..they just assumed.

i have yet to see somebody who can accurately judge someone by just looking at them, and not seeing them in the act of doing what they are being accused of.

i mean, this sounds like those guards who worked for MJ, who looked at him, and assumed that he might be on something.

i mean, if you're going to be worried about how you are perceived by the public, to the point of sacrificing your family member to the press, then you ought to know that, whether or not, you keep your business private, or spill it to the press, there will be at least fifty percent of the public that will still not approve of you. so, you might as well look out for your relative, instead of looking out just for yourself.

it's easier to sleep at night if i'm willing to take the press bullet, if i don't look out for myself, than it is, if i help someone else take the press bullet in my place...especially, if they are family.

we should not have to be observing the Jerry Springer show, in this situation.

I am talking about all the rumors and hearsay and I am sure they haven't heard all of it, and ssems like Katherien is doing the same proctecing them from it, but what I am saying they are going hear about all of it at some point.

at some point? no. if people want to control something, it can be controlled. if they want to keep silence, silence can be kept. i've seen it before..it is possible. right now, in the press, in a totally unrelated subject, two media factions have kept a sports story from being released, by printing two different stories. one story said that a coach punched a general manager first. and another story, from a different source said that the general manager threw the first punch. and, then, the subjects of the reports said, 'it's an internal matter'. this managed to make a whole lot of rumours become null and void. we're left with it being a mystery.

it doesn't matter what rumours and specualation are out there, because no two people will agree. that way, it all becomes a very loud secret. and those who wanted privacy, will have cleverly accomplished their goal. so, it doesn't matter what MJ's kids hear, if the mouths speaking it, don't know what they're talking about. in the end, it's all a mystery, if the rumourmongers don't agree with each other. and as long as the kids know what's up, i'm sure, they'll be alright with it all, because i'm sure they are smart enough to know that it goes back to being a secret, if the rumormongers don't agree on what the story is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back