Reflections on Michael Jackson : Articles, Blogs & Stories Thread

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Anywhere Michael Jackson IS..Is where you find Me
7939812.bin

Michael Jackson walks with the New Westminster police officers down the steps of city hall in 1984

Retired Police Remember Top-Secret MJ Meeting 25 Years Later..
(New Westminster Museum Photos Archives) Published Friday, July 3, 2009 5:38PM PDT​

Michael Jackson was at the top of his game, fresh off his smash album Thriller, when he came to Vancouver in 1984.
He was in town for three sold-out concerts at B.C. Place -- but still made time to accept an invitation to the New Westminster police station.

"They were trying to keep it quite secret," retired police officer Ken McIntosh said. "He was such a public figure."

Michael Jackson walks with the New Westminster police officers down the steps of city hall in 1984. (New Westminster Museum and Archives)

The King of Pop had the New Westminster police force don dark sunglasses and walk with him down the stairs of City Hall, with the intent of possibly using it in a music video.

Despite their best attempt at secrecy, when Jackson and the officers started walking up and down the stairs, people noticed.

"The cars started stopping and people started realizing that was Michael Jackson and started to come up," McIntosh said.

It was never used in a music video, but a photo of Jackson with the officers was featured in his 1988 autobiography Moonwalk.

The book is now on display at the New Westminster museum and archives - along with the uniform and sunglasses everyone wore that day, stamped with the name "Jacksons."

"He was made an honourary member of the New Westminster Police Department at that time, and he was given badge 49," McIntosh said.

He was pop music royalty, and Michael Jackson certainly left his mark on the Royal City and New Westminister, British Columbia to say the least !

The Source:
http://bc.ctvnews.ca/retired-police-remember-top-secret-mj-meeting-1.413570#ixzz2uNyhb09d

Last edited:

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
062513-sky-ferreira-623.jpg

The Rollingstone Blog Article:

Sky Ferreira on Her Debut 'Night Time, My Time' and Michael Jackson..

thumbs_michael%20jackson%20letter%20sweater,%20stylin%20on%20you.jpg

This week marks the release of Sky Ferreira’s debut Night Time, My Time — an album that’s been five years in the making. The budding pop star started making music at the age of 15, and was signed to Parlophone records by the time she was 17. But constant record label drama and ensuing album delays led to a string of EPs, the second of which unexpectedly hit last year with her infectious single, “Everything Is Embarrassing.” The song topped best of 2012 lists and was remixed by everyone from Twin Shadow and Unicorn kid to Unknown Mortal Orchestra. Since then, she played Fallon, posed as the face of mega-retailer Forever 21, partied with Madonna at the Met Ball, and toured with Vampire Weekend.
How did growing up in Venice Beach influence you?
“I knew he was a singer but I didn’t really realise until after he died how big he was,” explains Ferreira.
“I think it’s because I never saw him in public with tons of people around so it wasn’t weird. I just thought of him as someone who was way older than me.”

I always kind of knew I was going to do music, even though I was the only person in my family to do anything music related. I played piano, but I always wrote lyrics and melodies and then I’d go on Garageband. I just learned how to use the programs on the computer. I always put up what I was working on online. Basically I just hated school so much and I wanted to get out of it, but my grandmother wouldn’t let me dropout. She did hair for Michael Jackson for a long time. I started singing gospel when I was 7 years old. I wasn’t really religious — my mom was. But it was actually Michael who told my mom that I should go to church, just because I liked singing. So that’s how I learned to sing live. That’s why I can’t sing something unless I mean it. I’m not super religious but it felt good singing stuff that mattered to someone.
And yet! She does reveal a morsel about her childhood relationship with Michael Jackson, explaining: “I used to spend my birthdays at Michael Jackson’s house. It was a regular nice house; it wasn’t like he was riding rollercoasters, eating cotton candy by himself, you know.”

The Source:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...time-my-time-and-drugs-20131030#ixzz2jj4TXD5X

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Scream-michael-jackson-11632976-940-1325.jpg

The Saturday Scream
Saturday, March 26th, 2011

Once upon a time, my Saturday started off like any normal day.
I was calm. Rested.

MichaelMeditating-web.jpg

Things were good in the land of Tinalicious. The Hubs and Me, we were, you know,
carefree and happy to be heading to Fort Wayne for dinner and a little shopping.

JanetMichaelScreamSit2.jpg

So we mozy'd on out to the car.

MJStrut.gif

But then I decided I'd like to grab a Michael Jackson CD from my studio outside. After all, road trips are always better with some MJ tunes playing.

ScreamHeadphonesEyesClosed-web.jpg

So I went into my studio, and headed for my stereo and CD's. But WTH?!
My stereo was GONE!

ScreamMad2.jpg

I don't think I have to tell you what I did next...

Screaming2.gif

Needless to say, I was so ticked. I was having bad thoughts about the
low-life thieves who went into my studio, touched my things (EWW!),
and then took my stereo!

scream90.jpg

But I knew I had to calm down. So I took a moment to pause and collect myself. And I needed to figure out what to do to replace my stereo, which was almost brand new.

ScreamReflection2.jpg

Then it kind of hit me. I knew what to do. I bit my lip, I was so excited.

ScreamBiteLip2-web.jpg

I am sick of CD's, AND my cell phone is eligible for upgrade in just a few weeks. So the solution is really quite simple: mp3 player + phone = iPhone! Yay!

ScreamBigSmile.jpg

So the Hubs is gonna get me an iPhone.
This calls for a Happy Dance, don't you think?

MJJanetScream.gif

And now all is well in the land of Tinalicious once again.
And the moral of the story, boys and girls?
Thieves are pathetic losers and they may make you SCREAM.
But sometimes you may end up with a new iPhone.
And maybe even a lollipop.

Lollipop2.jpg

(All photos are from the Michael Jackson short film, Scream. )

~ Thanks Tinalicious for your Michael Jackson moments :heart:

The Source:
http://www.tinalicious.com/2011/03/the-saturday-scream.html

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
william-shatner-live-guitar-corbis-650-80.jpg

The Blog Article:

William Shatner: The 10 records that changed my Life !
By Joe Bosso February 14, 2014, 13:35 GMT​

The acting legend, celebrated author and singer on the music that matters most!

No. 7# Michael Jackson's Thriller

“This album is a no-brainer. It just might be the greatest of them all. Everybody loves it, of course – it’s all wonderful.

“We’ve seen him perform it, and the image of him on stage captures our imagination perhaps more than anything else. He was truly a supreme performer.”

103112-kirk-2.jpg

William Shatner​

Note: Michael Jackson's favorite number was the number 7

To read the full article:
The Source:
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/william-shatner-the-10-records-that-changed-my-life-594519/8

Last edited:

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
DEV_HYNES_CRx633x375.jpg

Photography by Marley Kate | Styling by Grant Woolhead

The Blog Article:

Blood On the Tracks..02.10.2014
By Jason Lamphier

In a pop world dominated by sneering EDM sexpots, roaring cartoon pinup girls, and self-aggrandizing hip-hop filthmasters, Devonté Hynes is an anomaly. The singer, songwriter, and producer’s music — a sleek, midtempo blend of R&B, funk, old-school hip-hop, and jazz — couldn’t be farther removed from the raunchy, calculated, club-bound singles currently ruling Top 40 radio. Instead, Cupid Deluxe, his latest album under the name Blood Orange, feels loose, warm, nostalgic, and lived-in. Many of its tracks conjure images of a flickering, late-night Times Square as seen from the backseat of a speeding taxi cab. And not the Times Square of today — rather, the seedy, gritty, sometimes dangerous Times Square of yesteryear, when the district was heaving with arcades, peep shows, hookers, cross-dressers, crooks, break dancers, and boom boxes.

Hynes’s sound is off-center, even anachronistic, but in the most refreshing way possible. When Cupid Deluxe dropped this past November, it quickly became one of the most widely adored releases of 2013. A project initially inspired by Michael Jackson’s Bad that placed Hynes front and center, the record eventually morphed into a soulful collaboration with friends and artists he admires, a love letter not only to the New York City he romanticized as a teenager but to the creative mecca the British transplant now calls home. After a few closer listens, it also reveals itself to be one of the most refined, subtly queer albums in recent history, an ambiguous, androgynous collection of songs about self-doubt, confusion, disillusion, desperation, and, ultimately, empowerment.

But if 2013 marked a watershed in Hynes’s career, the musician will also remember it as one of the most devastating years of his life. On December 16, while leaving a memorial for Lou Reed at Harlem’s Apollo Theater, he received a call notifying him that firemen were gathering outside his East Village apartment building. He raced downtown only to discover that his fourth-floor studio had burned down. The blaze, which Hynes says was caused by poor electrical wiring, ravaged his unit so badly that virtually nothing — not even its walls — remained. Hynes lost nearly all of his possessions, including clothes, compositions, his computer, his piano, his travel visa, and his two-month-old puppy, Cupid. “Everything from my life is gone,” he tweeted the following morning. Hynes had already been suffering from intense panic attacks before the tragedy, but then, two days before he turned 28, his girlfriend, Samantha Urbani (of the New York band Friends), rushed him to the hospital for exhaustion. “I actually can’t even recall most of what happened,” he says. “I just woke up with IVs attached to me and freaked out. That was when I realized. It was very surreal.” It was the first time in his life that Hynes forgot it was his birthday.

Hynes grew up in Essex, northeast of London, and began studying the cello and piano as a child. By age 12 he’d abandoned his formal studies and was teaching himself to play drums, guitar, and bass. At 18, he joined his first band, the dance-punk outfit Test Icicles. The move landed him a deal with Domino Records, but after one record and a U.S. tour, Hynes quit the group and formed Lightspeed Champion, a solo indie-folk act that brought him to Brooklyn in 2006. He recorded two albums under that moniker and collaborated with the Chemical Brothers (on their 2007 album, We Are the Night) and Basement Jaxx (on 2009’s Scars), but by 2011, Lightspeed Champion was on indefinite hiatus and Hynes had released Coastal Grooves, his Prince-flavored, new wave–inspired debut album as Blood Orange.

Call it a lack of discipline or a bad case of musical ADD; Hynes’s story is actually just the opposite. Much like another musical chameleon, David Bowie, he has an insatiable urge to experiment and evolve and isn’t afraid of failing. “You know, musically, you can’t actually go wrong,” Hynes says. “Nothing bad is ever gonna happen from anyone trying an idea. You can just maybe not like what you’ve done—so try something else or try again.”

It’s a freezing-cold Friday in mid-December — just three days before Hynes’s life will be turned upside down — and he has asked to meet at a corner outside a pet store on Manhattan’s Lower East Side. He’s just been there to purchase a carrier for Cupid, the Maltese-Chihuahua he named after the new record. Hynes is dressed in a dirt-colored wool trench coat, a dark blue, blouse-like shirt, skintight black pants, sporty sneakers, and a black baseball cap that reads “KING OF POP: MICHAEL JACKSON 1958-2009” in bright red letters. He hasn’t eaten lunch, so we make our way to his favorite juice bar in the neighborhood.

Hynes admits he isn’t exactly sure where he or his latest alter ego fit into the modern musical landscape, but he is certain of one thing: Though he’s written material for marquee divas like Grace Jones, Kylie Minogue, Florence Welch of Florence + the Machine, and even Britney Spears (sadly, the two songs he penned for Britney Jean were scrapped), he’s not interested in becoming a global pop star himself. “I don’t view myself as a singer,” he says, adding that he’d much rather stay behind the scenes, develop new sounds for other vocalists, and just lie low in general (he chucked his iPhone in late November because he was overwhelmed by all the attention he was getting). He hates touring and balks at the idea of playing more than two consecutive concerts at a time. In fact, he agreed to only four performances to promote Cupid Deluxe, one of which he booked mainly because it was at a venue right down the street from his apartment.

Twenty minutes later, we’re at Hynes’s East Village apartment near St. Mark’s Church, a storied quarter of the city once home to downtown legends Allen Ginsberg and Arthur Russell, the latter of whom Hynes considers a key influence in his work.

Dimly lit except for the fading afternoon sun streaming in from the window and the glow of the Christmas lights he’s strewn around it, the space exudes as much character and inspiration and soul as the music on Cupid Deluxe. Stacks of art books, old copies of Vogue, and boxes of worn-out cassettes cover the floor. Shelves mounted on one of the room’s exposed brick walls showcase what is essentially a shrine to his other musical idols — one holds three vintage magazines whose covers feature musician-svengali Malcolm McLaren, Philip Glass, and Michael Jackson; another sports an assortment of still-packaged Jackson trading cards and buttons of the singer from the ’80s next to a plastic-covered 1965 John Lennon book that Hynes says is written in “Spanglish.”

A lot of his music is gone, his Michael Jackson memorabilia is gone, his puppy is gone.
“I was already feeling very scared about mortality in general, and after this it was just like, Anything can happen — at any time. I could have been in that apartment. Luckily I wasn’t,” Hynes says. “I just have to do things to make me happy because… what else is there?”

dev-hynes-gq-e1396645660938.jpg

The Source:
http://www.out.com/entertainment/mu...-hynes-blood-orange-saved-pop-music?page=full

Last edited:

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
michaeljacksonbadpb.jpg

10 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Michael Jackson..
Aug 29, 2014 By D.L. Chandler..​

Beloved singer, entertainer, and songwriter Michael Jackson and his unfortunate passing in June of 2009 shocked the globe, with fans across various nations still mourning the loss of the “King Of Pop.” With his brand still strong and his legacy largely intact, Jackson was as enigmatic as he was talented.

While today (August 29) would have marked his 54th birthday, NewsOne fondly remembers Michael Jackson as a peerless superstar that has influenced some of music’s biggest current stars. Below, we list 10 facts that casual fans may not have known about the notoriously private Michael Jackson.

1. Michael Jackson Is The Highest-Earning Deceased Artist: Besting the vaunted Rock and Roll artist Elvis Presley and former Beatles member singer-songwriter John Lennon, Michael Jackson has been recognized by the Guinness Book Of World Records in a new category for Highest-Earning Deceased Artist, gaining the top honor. In the first year after his passing in 2009, Jackson’s estate raked in a reported $1 billion.

2. Michael Jackson Was A Shrewd Businessman: While many viewed Jackson as a boyish and playful figure, Michael Jackson birthday underneath that exterior was the mind of a man who made investments that continue to pay off to this day. In 1985, he wisely purchased the rights to 250 Beatles backlogged songs penned by Lennon and Paul McCartney for $47 million. In 1995, Jackson sold a portion of the catalog to Sony for $95 million, resulting in the powerful joint venture music publishing company Sony/ATV, with annual revenues hovering around $1 billion. This doesn’t include his many endorsement deals, licensing, and other streams of revenue Jackson has generated from his name.

3. Michael Jackson Owns The Distinction Of Having The Biggest Recording Contract Ever: Nine months after his passing, the estate of Michael Jackson signed a deal with Sony Records that gives the company access to a vast vault of unreleased recordings for a whopping $250 million. Ten albums are expected to be released by 2017, including the recent soundtrack to the tour documentary “This Is It.”

579666424.jpg

4. Hackers Broke In To Online Servers And Got Access To 50,000 Michael Jackson Tracks: Michael Jackson’s music was a victim of an online hacker attack, with the thieves downloading 50,000 songs not intended for the public. Sony quickly plugged the hole in their security and vowed to move ahead with the release of new music.

5. DJs And Clubs Nationwide Have Sparked Off Annual Parties In Michael Jackson’s Name: From Washington, D.C.; Los Angeles; New York City; and all points in between, big name DJs have crafted themed parties in honor of Michael Jackson. Celebrated producer and hip-hop artist DJ Spinna has also taken his well-attended (and friendly) “MJ vs. Prince” dance parties all across the nation.

6. “Billie Jean” Was First Video From A Black Artist To Air On MTV: “Billie Jean” was the second single from Michael Jackson’s sixth solo album, “Thriller.” Produced by Jackson and the legendary Quincy Jones, the track got the video treatment and sparked off a revolution of sorts. Fans nationwide would seek to imitate Jackson’s hairstyle and dance moves and the clip is considered largely responsible for putting MTV in to the mainstream conversation.

Watch “Billie Jean” here:
[youtube]Zi_XLOBDo_Y[/youtube]

7. Thriller Wasn’t The Only Hit Album In Jackson’s Catalog: Five of Michael Jackson’s solo studio albums count among the highest-selling records of all time. Thriller’s predecessor, “Off The Wall,” which was released in 1979, has sold a worldwide 20 million, which pales considerably next to “Thriller,” sitting at 110 million sold. The albums “Bad,” “Dangerous,” and “HIStory” have also sold well into millions as well.

8. Michael Jackson Is The Most-Awarded Artist Of All Time: With 23 Guinness World Records, 40 Billboard Awards, 13 Grammys, and 26 American Music Awards, Michael Jackson has won more awards than any other musical artist. Jackson has also received congressional honors for his humanitarian outreach efforts.

Watch Jackson’s “We Are the World” video here:
[youtube]M9BNoNFKCBI[/youtube]

9. Michael Jackson Inspired Artists Outside Of His Genre: Usher, Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown, and Justin Bieber owe a great credit to Michael Jackson and have all called him an influence. But even rockers, such as Adam Lambert, Green Day, and female superstars like Beyoncé and Madonna, have all said they’ve looked up to Jackson. Even the brash Diddy called Jackson a “hero” of his.

Watch Usher and Jackson perform here:
[youtube]sq0H5jcHOvE[/youtube]

10. Michael Jackson’s Death Shifted MTV’s Programming In Tribute: In the hours after his death, media giant MTV – which had largely moved from its original music video-only programming – went back to its roots and aired hours upon hours of Michael Jackson videos and footage. The in-house news team even took time away from talking usual celeb fare and focused solely on the career of Jackson. Few other stars have commanded such a response.

* We the Fans knew of course but there are some facts here I didn't know ! I hope this article makes it easier for others to know him as well as we do ! :agree:

The Source:
http://newsone.com/2033063/michael-jackson-birthday-2

:heart:

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Captain-Eo-11adj-2,medium_large.1403598176.jpg

Michael Jackson: Captain Eo
Photography by samemersonphotography

The Blog Article:

Behind The Scenes with Michael Jackson - Power is Still
By Sam Emerson Photography (All Rights Reserved)

028-Captain-EO,medium_large.1403598149.jpg

Michael Jackson: Captain EO

Dangerous-6-Moscow-1993,large.1403598165.jpg

Dangerous (Moscow 1993)

MMJ-SmoothCriminal,large.1405143884.jpg

Michael Jackson / Smooth Criminal

SmoothCriminal,large.1405143868.jpg

Michael Jackson / Smooth Criminal

MJJ-LeaaveMeAlone,large.1405143906.jpg

Michael Jackson / Leave Me Alone

Jackson-Michael-BTS,medium_large.1405143887.jpg

Michael Jackson / Leave Me Alone

MJJ-TMZ,medium_large.1405143897.jpg

Michael Jackson

MJJ-Pepsi2-7adj,medium_large.1405143902.jpg

Michael Jackson

medium.1402647131.jpg

About: Sam Emerson, SMPSP, is a unit photographer for motion pictures, television and music videos.

From La Bamba to Michael Jackson's Bad, The Dukes of Hazzard to Pirates of the Caribbean, Sam Emerson is a bi-coastal southern gentleman with an creative eye.

The Source:
http://samemersonphotography.com/albums/music/

Last edited:

barbee0715

Proud Member
Re: Reflections on Michael: Articles, Blogs & Stories

I'm pretty blue today anyway, so maybe I shouldn't have started reading and re-reading these unbelievable wonderful articles on Michael-and of course, now I'm crying, but I think this whole thread deserves a huge bump.

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
:ciao: barbee0715

Thank you so much for visiting us and sharing your love and tears with us little MJ sister !

Please don't cry out of sadness angel I promise you that Michael is counting all of our tears and everyone including Michael will now see how big your beautiful heart truly is :heart"

:group: Michael-ing you right now :bow:

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Picture+31.png

Photography by gettyimages

The Blog Article:

jacksonnormal-301xXx80.jpg

The Best of Body Art Galleries - Michael Jackson
By Anubis Vrussh

Colombian artist Anubis Vrussh paints on the body of a model a portrait of US pop star Michael Jackson, during an exhibition of art, comics, and body art, in Cali, department of Valle del Cauca, Colombia, on June 27, 2009.

MJbdypainting.jpg

302920-dtgall-body-art-gallery-landscape-650x488-.jpg

Picture+32.png

The Source:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/gallery-e6frf7jo-1225781114562?page=53

Last edited:

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Mournful-Katy-Perry-Decided-to-Keep-Her-Locks-Black-672x372-Recovered-672x372.jpg

The Time Blog Article:

Russell Crowe Recalls When Michael Jackson Used To Prank Call Him
By Ed Biggs in Lifestyle / Showbiz on 01 April 2015

michael-jackson-harassed-russell-crowe-with-prank-calls-for-three-years-straight-335264.jpg

Russell Crowe — a man who once threw a phone at a hotel concierge for showing too much “attitude” — is not a person most people would want to prank.

But according to a story Crowe told the The Guardian, there was one man who dared to play practical jokes on the gruff Australian star: Michael Jackson.

“For two or three f****** years,” Crowe said. “I never met him, never shook his hand, but he found out the name I stayed in hotels under, so it didn’t matter where I was, he’d ring up do this kind of thing, like you did when you were 10, you know. ‘Is Mr Wall there? Is Mrs Wall there? Are there any Walls there? Then what’s holding the roof up? Ha ha.’ You’re supposed to grow out of doing that, right?” The actor added “He’d ring me and in a strong voice and say, ‘there is an emergency and you need to leave the building. I’d ask, ‘Who is this?’ And he’d say, ‘Do not worry Russell, just kidding, this is Michael.'”

Of course the story can’t be confirmed by Michael Jackson himself, but the image of the pop icon prank calling Crowe is so perfect, we certainly hope it’s true.

The Sources:
http://time.com/3765311/russell-crowe-michael-jackson-pranks/
http://zntent.com/russell-crowe-spoke-out-that-michael-jackson-prank-called-him-for-two-years/

Last edited:

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
michael-jackson-subway-ride.jpg

Page 9 of 56: Michael Jackson The King of POP

The All That Is Interesting Blog Article:
When The New York City Subway Was The Most Dangerous Place On Earth !

By Alec on July 2nd, 2014​

pope-shot.jpg

The New York City subway of today is what one might lightly call “starkly different” from its predecessors. In the 1980s, over 250 felonies were committed every week in the system, making the New York subway the most dangerous mass transit system in the world. Over the course of a decade, New York public transportation would lose over 300 million riders, largely due to its reputation as a hotbed of crime and drug use.

In the gallery below, we take a look at what the New York City subways were like in the 1980s !

no-admittance.jpg

The Source:
http://all-that-is-interesting.com/...medium=referral&utm_campaign=outbrainglobal#9

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
[youtube]-VhFiSHeBn4[/youtube]
Property of the NFL

The NFL Youtube Blog Article:

Michael Jackson Revolutionizes the Super Bowl Halftime Show | NFL

There will never be another or anyone that can compare to Michael Jackson's NFL performance in our lifetime ! This was not any performance this was what they meant when they said the MAIN EVENT ! This was a SHOW not just an NFL performance like all other artists !

MJ00.jpg

Published on Feb 12, 2016

Take a look at how Michael Jackson changed the way the Super Bowl Halftime Show would be for years to come.

Michael Jackson - Super Bowl (Complete Version) (HQ)
[youtube]idg8TNknvDU&ebc[/youtube]​

Super Bowl Half Time Show performed in California at January 31, 1993, it includes Jam, Billie Jean, Black or White, We are the World and Heal the World.

ac7c59375b34b0408b29a3399091e714.jpg

88702233.jpg

Images by Sports Illustrated

michaeljackson_edi_3181066k.jpg

If you would like to join the NFL Youtube page:

Subscribe to NFL on YouTube: https://goo.gl/VmTK0M

For all things NFL, visit the league's official website at http://www.nfl.com/

Watch NFL Now: https://www.nfl.com/now
Start your free trial of NFL Game Pass: https://www.nfl.com/gamepass
Listen to NFL podcasts: http://www.nfl.com/podcasts
Fantasy Football: http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball
Watch the NFL network: http://nflnonline.nfl.com/
Download the NFL mobile app: https://www.nfl.com/apps
2015 NFL Schedule: http://www.nfl.com/schedules
Buy tickets to watch your favorite team: http://www.nfl.com/tickets
Shop NFL: http://www.nflshop.com/source/bm-nflc...

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NFL
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NFL
Follow us on Instagram: https://instagram.com/nfl/

Category
Entertainment

License
Standard YouTube License

The NFL Youtube Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VhFiSHeBn4&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
[youtube]aJ8LfI-qhPo[/youtube]

The Entertainment Weekly Blog Article:

zimmer_0.jpg

Constance Zimmer received a life-sized Michael Jackson doll for her 16th birthday !
Posted June 14 2016 — 12:20 PM EDT

On Jimmy Kimmel Live!

UnREAL star Constance Zimmer was a Michael Jackson superfan growing up in Newport Beach, Calif., so, naturally, her parents gave her a totally normal gift for her 16th birthday: a life-sized doll of the King of Pop.

During her appearance on Monday night’s Jimmy Kimmel Live, Zimmer shared that her parents had the doll made to present her with a pair of Michael Jackson concert tickets. She was thrilled… until her parents made her drive around the block in a limo with the life-sized doll waving out the window. “It was incredibly uncomfortable,” she said with a laugh.

Zimmer kept the doll in her room for another two years. “It was very awkward when boyfriends came over,” she admitted.

Her connection to Jackson didn’t end there. In 1984, she happened to be an extra in the singer’s infamous hair-burning Pepsi commerical. Get the details in the clip below.

The Source:
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/14/constance-zimmer-michael-jackson-doll

bluemoon7

Proud Member
^^^

Why are people in the audience laughing when they hear about Michael´s scalp burn? :pth:

Even if they do not know the whole story, it´s just really sick to laugh about people getting hurt ...

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
:heart: moonstruck87

I agree with you 100% but I also realise with such pain and anguish that this is a world without Michael Jackson in it ! They never had and never will show him the respect he righteously earned and deserved !

I try to focus on the positive moments that will shine through all the laughter ! That is an up and coming actress burning up the buzz in the world admitted she was A RABID MICHAEL JACKSON FAN ! She admitted to millions of people that this is a FACT ! And that she had a doll made for her of him !

NOW THAT'S LOVE TO ME !

Ignorance is their bliss not ours but they will not stop US !! :agree:

Thanks for posting and listening !

:group:
moonstruck87;4151984 said:
^^^

Why are people in the audience laughing when they hear about Michael´s scalp burn? :pth:

Even if they do not know the whole story, it´s just really sick to laugh about people getting hurt ...

speechlesslove4michael

Proud Member
Re: Reflections on Michael: Articles, Blogs & Stories

this is a wonderful thread though its kinda the same w/ this one "Positive websites and videos that celebrate MJ" thread but the more the greater :) hehe....I WISH ALL WOULD TAKE TIME & READ THIS STUFF? AND TO OTHERS AS WELL TO ALL MJFAM & ESPECIALLY NON-MJFANS!

Do you have a link for that thread?

Snowbunny Sorcerer

Proud Member
Michael Jackson is an artist whose career became, with a definite paroxysm, the emblem of pop music in a trans-cultural and technological twentieth century. He brought to a certain height the paradigms of the international pop aestheticism which are the high-scale impact and broadcasting and shaped an image representative of the synthesis of artistic expression and trans-racial figures which make up the cement of pop music.

The taking over of esthetical influences that impacted the singer, strengthened by a continuous spirit of innovation, was at the root of the creation of an artistic identity in its own right, medium of an expressive authenticity which, on a vocal level, is comparable to what we can call a personality.

2Not limiting himself to any aesthetical fetters, the artist, all along his career, tried to develop and renew an obvious expressive plurality. Plurality which, combining spoken and sung voices, voiced and non-voiced sounds, oral percussions, bruitism, breathing games and voiced choreographies, was taken over and centralized by a body with a great phonic presence in the musical sphere, confirming what Roland Barthes said: “In pop music, there is the physical component which is so important for this type of counter-culture. There is a new relation to the body, which we need to defend”. (Barthes,1981: 164)

But apart from the physical aspect, we will see that this plurality is underpinned by a vocal work directed by a teacher coming from the lyrical world, Seth Riggs, as well as by the spontaneous use of more original or less aestheticized forms of expression.

3Concerned that his vocal personality shouldn’t be diluted or diminished, Michael Jackson - conscious of the reach and responsibility of recording in the media - took a high interest in its fixing and the shaping of what had to be not only his sonorous image but also his recorded double. In doing so, he appointed, for his whole career, a figurehead sound-engineer, Bruce Swedien, who was in a parallel quest of sound authenticity and whose technical choices, guided by this quest, will make up the second part of this study.

But first, we propose to study the components of Michael Jackson’s vocal identity, through technical criteria but also in the light of a work on the tone which made this notion of identity develop into the more colorful notion of personality.

https://journals.openedition.org/volume/3851