Reply Letter From Tom "Terrific" Mesereau

Susannah61

Proud Member
Hi Everyone a group on Facebook sent a letter of Appreciation to Tom Mesereau and here is the letter I diidn't think they would mind me sharing it with you.

Letter to Tom Mesereau (FINAL)
Monday, May 31, 2010 at 11:22am
A LETTER OF APPRECIATION TO THOMAS A. MESEREAU, JR.

Heroes stand side by side on the battlefields of war serving proudly to preserve our liberty and civil rights, and we honor them with the recognition they deserve. However, in everyday walks of life we see very few heroes. But we can think of two...and one of those heroes is you.

As we face the painful one-year anniversary of the passing of our beloved Michael Jackson,
the impact of his death continues to be intensely felt by fans around the world, as seen by the names that accompany this letter. We represent only a handful of the thousands who have come together to share our love and respect for Michael's genius, artistry and humanitarian greatness - and to share our grief.

It was love that ruled Michael's heart and a desire to help others that drove his passion for living. Michael was a silent hero, who did so much to improve the human condition, yet never sought recognition or glory. His unsurpassed humanitarian efforts were seldom covered by the media. For every charitable deed the press "reluctantly" reported, Michael performed hundreds of private individual acts of kindness and generosity for people around the world. He was a true hero - one who did great things when no one was looking. Sadly, it is only after his death that many are discovering what an incredibly gentle, giving and compassionate man Michael was.

Mr. Mesereau, to Michael's fans...you are also one such hero. So many disturbing questions remain about Michael's death, along with painful reminders of his last days that many of us are still barely able to hold it together. The loss of his life is felt as strongly as for one of our own. He is gone now, yet the mainstream media continue their tradition of treating Michael's death with the same ridicule he faced in life, proving once again that there are no heroes in journalism.

Having said that, we wanted to mark this painful anniversary with something positive. And what better way than to express our heartfelt appreciation for your magnificent skills in representing Michael in 2005. Amidst the corruption, extortion and media bias that preyed on Michael, for no other purpose than to witness the fall of a great man played out on the world stage, you emerged as the beacon of sanity, integrity and truth. In a defining moment of frightening proportions, you were a Godsend for our precious Michael at a time when he had reached the lowest point in his life.

Had it not been for your tireless research, belief in his innocence, and your commitment to defending Michael with every fiber of your conscience, we know the outcome could have been very different. Another attorney concerned with his own rising star might have played to the media, shortchanging Michael of the legal attention he deserved. We dare not think about what might have been had you not taken his case, as it is too agonizing to imagine Michael being incarcerated for a crime he did not commit!

Mr. Mesereau, Michael Jackson's acquittal was every bit your victory as well as his. You were relentless in your commitment, not only to defend Michael enough to create reasonable doubt, but to prove to the world he was innocent! It takes a very special dedication and conviction to have gone the full course, and in doing so you stood out as a true defender of not only Michael, but of justice. You displayed impeccable skill, ethics - and a quiet dignity not often seen in high profile media cases. Just as Michael represented the best that humanity had to offer, you set the gold standard for what anyone entering the legal profession can and should aspire to.

Reflecting today on the aftermath of such a victory must be painfully bittersweet for you, as it is for us. For we must now acknowledge the final tragedy of knowing Michael would only live another four years. Having heard your statements that followed the trial and Michael's death, we know his passing has left its mark on your heart. On this first anniversary without him, we miss his goodness and gentle soul more than words can say. But, at a time when it appeared that all hope was lost, we thank you for giving Michael back his life, for returning a father to his children, and for giving his fans and the world a joyful and just day to remember on June 13th, 2005. But most of all, thank you for being the "silent" hero Michael needed in his darkest hour. We will never forget what you did for him.

With Deepest Love and Gratitude

Here's the link

http://www.facebook.com/notes/micheline-perlman/letter-to-tom-mesereau-final/449060208974

This is the reply from TM he is such a lovely man.

Reply Letter From Tom "Terrific" MesereauShare
Today at 12:21pm
Here is the exact text from Tom Mesereau's letter. Sorry you don't have the benefit of seeing this on his professional letterhead - I don't have a scanner to upload this as a photo. But Tom's words are wonderful. This is a man worthy of our affection and respect. Here is the letter:

MESEREAU & Yu, LLP
ATTORNEYS AT LAW
* A limited liabili!y parrnership including professional corporations.

10390 SANTA MONICA BLVD.
SUITE 220
LOS ANGELES, CA 90025
Tel: (310) 789-1177
Fax: (310) 861-1007

June 22, 2010

Dear Micheline:

I am very grateful and deeply honored to have received your Letter of Appreciation.

My gratitude goes to you and all of the "Friends of Michael Jackson," who created a sensitive, meaningful statement about my role in the defense and subsequent treatment of Michael. I can't thank you enough.

As you all know, Michael Jackson was a towering genius, unique artist and loving individual. He had a sensitive, quiet soul that lived to create. He also did his best to propagate a unique message of love and kindness.

Unfortunately, the world he populated is one characterized by enormous greed, violence and cruelty. In his life, the curse of jealousy and avarice seemed to constantly circle around him. His constant battle with these ugly forces took its toll.

Nevertheless, Michael emerged victorious. The most savage attacks in the media, the courtroom and in his personal life were not able to erase the deep, loving essence of his character, spirit and ambitions. He left the world a better place.

Your letter caused me to reflect on that powerful experience in Santa Maria, California. Yes, the opposition was fierce. But, so were we! It often seemed as if every shallow trick was constantly being thrown at us to distract from the real issues and true facts.

On the anniversary of Michael's passing, I have a suggestion. All of us should make a special effort to be kind to someone we might tend to overlook. I believe this is the best way to honor Michael Jackson.

Please send my best to all of your friends and associates. You have touched me very deeply, and I appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,

(personal signature)

THOMAS A. MESEREAU, JR.

Here's the link to Micheline Perlman facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/micheline50?v=app_2347471856&ref=ts

susannah xx

Thanks so much for sharing! I love T-Mez!! I know we all do! He's a truly genuine man, and I hope he knows how much we appreciate him. I love what he said at the end, about reaching out to someone we usually don't acknowledge enough, in order to honor MJ. I think it's a wonderful idea.

beautiful, thanks for sharing. I have nothing but respect for Mr. Mesereau

What an amazing original letter sent to Thomas Mesereau - so well written and poignant - it could not spell out my personal feelings any better.

Also, what a wonderful reply from 'The legend' that is 'T-Mez'. I will always hold this great man in great esteem for how he helped Michael. He restored my faith in humanity during a very difficult time.

Mr. Mesereau is a true hero. Lots of respect to this wonderful man.
Thanks for posting! :flowers:

Beautiful reply from Tom Mesereau! He is an amazing lawyer and great person. I'm so grateful to him for all he did and still does for Michael.
Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for posting these letters Susannah they are lovely. I admire and respect T Metz he is a lovely man and a true champion for Michael!!

Absolutely amazing letter to Tom! And love his reply.

Thank you so much for honoring him for us. He is indeed a hero.

And thank you God for sending him to our Michael.

What an amazing original letter sent to Thomas Mesereau - so well written and poignant - it could not spell out my personal feelings any better.

Also, what a wonderful reply from 'The legend' that is 'T-Mez'. I will always hold this great man in great esteem for how he helped Michael. He restored my faith in humanity during a very difficult time.
Co sign!

Thanks for posting. He must have had a lot of thoughts on the anniversary...reflecting on all the days when he was right by Mike's side in and out of the court. So comforting whenever I read what Thomas say about our Mike:) I wish him all the best.

A class act,simply amazing.I'm glad to know (and sad at the same time) that M was surrounded also by noble and classy people...

As usual, very beautiful words about Michael from Tom. I love how he really got who and what Michael was all about. Thanks for posting!

aw , he replyed ...
i respect you Mr mesereau.:mez::huggy:

Last edited:
Thanks for posting these letters. I think that it was a great idea for fans to send a letter of appreciation to TMez, and his reply was wonderful.

Back