So far, has the project "Michael" been a failure??? and why???

So far, has the project "Michael" been a failure??? and why??? Multiple Choice!!!!

• Total voters

Evilman

Proud Member
In my opinion "Michael" was a failure because of those three controversial tracks which resulted to bad results. And there wasn't very good music video made anyway and I think there was some lazy producing. Like Hollywood Tonight would have been A LOT better. Thank God there's remixes of that song out there.

And I think music videos were also disappointment. Especially Behind The Mask.

Snow White 1937

Proud Member
A failure? Commercially?
No. Platinum in 17 countries, Gold in 18... that's hardly what I would call a failure. It's not bad for an album that got little promotion, lots of controversy and mediocre videos.

L

lom kit

DJ Spins said:
It's a no brainer, of cause there's a divide in the fanbase which was down to the 3 questionable tracks, but end of the day I just cannot stop playing the album, all songs are superb considering the circumstances. The album will never be a failure, the album was never meant to top the charts, the album was purely for the fans to enjoy and continue his legacy.

Exactly.
Thats what it was. the problem was, the fans still don't get it. they see it as an album like Invincible. It's a posthumous album. The expectations are too high. Some still live 15 years in the past. expect promotion like for History or Dangerous. Michael didn't get that in the last 10 years and many don't realize there is no reason and it won't happen.
Through he had promotion in europe in a level of any other singer.
Now they see the Immortal project as failure, even thats something that can't be put in the same basket with "Michael". at the most can be seen as GH remix albm.

Pentum

Proud Member
^ Nope, if they switched the three fake songs with let's say, STTR, DYKWYCA and BG, I'd be happy.

André89

Proud Member
Being a Michael Jackson fan for most of my life, I shuld have been in the key demographic for this album. In spite of that, I chose not to buy it, and I know that other fans reached the same conclusion. The Cascio tracks did divide the community, and the album sales did not meet the expectations. So yeah, I do consider the album to be a failure.

HIStory

Proud Member
One year on I can say I bought it but I hardly listen to it. It's not on my MP3 player, while all other MJ albums are. Except for maybe Much Too Soon, which I like a lot.

It's not even just about the Cascio controversy to me. It's that generally the songs are poorly produced in my opinion. I wish MJ had got the treatment from his record company that a legend of his caliber deserves.

Additionally I also think the album cover was kitschy and thus a turn-off, not to mention the fact they couldn't come up with any decent videos to promote the album. I'm not expecting MJ style huge videos but at least they should have shown a little creativity.

Overall I had the feeling Sony just wanted to quickly cash-in on it without putting much effort in the quality of what is produced. Michael definitely deserves better. I hope Sony will learn from it and it will be better managed the next time.

Last edited: