So I just watched amateur footage of the 1992 Toulouse concert

BadTour87

Proud Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZnLuwUlRcY

Right before Man in the Mirror the band and the backing singers performed In the Closet without Michael (at about 1:45:15).

Was this a backup song in case anything went wrong with the jetpack thing and they had to delay the final song, and was eventually only used once?

No, i think they played a little bit of every show i believe?

BadTour87;4155202 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZnLuwUlRcY

Right before Man in the Mirror the band and the backing singers performed In the Closet without Michael (at about 1:45:15).

Was this a backup song in case anything went wrong with the jetpack thing and they had to delay the final song, and was eventually only used once?

h0opman31;4155271 said:
No, i think they played a little bit of every show i believe?

The instrumental part of ‘In The Closet' was played only once & because of a special occasion (rather than due to technical or other problems).

MJ was always aware of special guests that attended his shows.

During his ‘Dangerous’ concert in Toulouse, Princess Stephanie of Monaco was among the audience.

So, MJ decided to play that instrumental part of ‘In The Closet’ showing in this way his appreciation to the ‘Mystery Girl’.

That is very cool. I had absolutely no idea.

Sounds way better than the lip-syched version on the HIStory tour.

Edit: I left the video running and I now have chills at the live vocals at the end of Man In The Mirror. Stunning.

Last edited:
He should've added it to the set list,couldve taken out she's out of my life

Wish MJ would have performed In The Closet live. (What he did on the HIStory Tour doesn't count, because that was too short)

Well, in my opinion something went wrong behind the stage and Mike wasn't ready for Man in the Mirror. So they played In the closet go give him a bit more time. Then Man in the Mirror started :) Who knows what happened at other, unleaked shows.

Back