Sofia Boutella, This Is It dancer, talks about Michael & his passing

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
Awww :sad: :heart:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/e...jacksons-death-disturbed-dancer-16133635.html
Tuesday, 20 March 2012

bd387a8f-e9f2-4d93-_668116t.jpg

Michael Jackson's death was "disturbing," says a dancer cast in his comeback shows.

Sofia Boutella was chosen to perform at the singer's This Is It concerts but never had the chance as he died shortly before his highly-anticipated return to the stage.

She has opened up about the moment she learnt her dream of dancing for her idol was over.

"When someone touches you like that and then this happens in your life it's kind of disturbing in a way," she told Cover Media.

The 29-year-old later appeared as the lead star in the promo for Michael Jackson's posthumous single release Hollywood Tonight. While she counts herself lucky to be part of the clip, she wishes she had actually met him.

"I had the chance to speak to him on the phone, I didn't get a chance to meet him," she said.

"I was supposed to meet him after I finished my other commitments and he passed away maybe a month or two after and it was extremely hard."

The Algerian born French dancer-turned-actress adds Michael was one of her biggest heroes growing up. She has loved his work ever since she was six.

"Before I started dancing professionally I told my dad I know what he's feeling, I know this," she said of watching the star's performances on television at a young age.

"It's very difficult throughout your whole adolescence and growing up somebody brings you so much inspiration and then the day you get to give them something that you can help them with their show to create you were not able to do it."

Michael had planned a series of 50 concerts to be held at The 02 Arena in London before he died of acute Propofol intoxication in June 2009, after suffering from cardiac arrest.

Sofia attended the 02 Arena last night for the premiere of her new film Street Dance 2, which is due to be released in UK cinemas on March 30.

She admits she had a "thought" for the King of Pop as walked the red carpet of the venue.

"Yeah I had a big thought for him, totally, but he is here with us and whatever he left behind will live on forever," she said.

© Cover Media
1zmjyg8.png

Last edited:
Aww man......you can just feel her words in that article.:(

Sad. I wonder what segment she was supposed to dance in, since she was not at rehearsals?

^^There were two dancers who passed the dancer audition for This Is It yet couldn't become the dancers for This Is It due to their contracts with Madonna. She was one of them and the other one was a Japanese dancer called Kento Mori. (He did Bellie Jean tribute in one of Madonna's tour date a little after Michael's passing.) It's written in her Wikipedia page: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sofia_Boutella

It seems the writer of this article didn't know much about this.

Back