Some people's view about MJ - how change their mind?

nadia_j

Proud Member
Yesterday I was at party in pub and I was talking about Michael with one guy. He said to me that MJ is overrated... when I asked why he thinks this way he said that MJ in truth isn't big thing and 'before he died there weren't any fans of him and now sudently everyone loves him...' I was like 'hun? any fans before? and almost million tickets to London sold out in few hours? :wtf:' and then he added something like 'besides he was black man who turned to white, he was mad and f***ed kids'. I didn't even continue talking to him about it because I saw there's no sense/chance to change his mind.....

I always think,
what to do to let people like this know who Michael Jackson really is and how much he means to the world? I hate it!

Last edited:
his arguments are so weak and stupid it shows how little he knows about Michael seriously don't bother with people like that
the media has worked so hard on building negativity around anything related to MJ you have to give credit to the media for this kind of public reaction they are the biggest manipulators and there are enough brainwashed sheep out there incapable of independent thinking who buy into what the media feeds them

You know, I ran into the same problem with a friend of mine. No matter how hard I tried to explain the real truth to her, she kept a close mind and kept saying, "What about those poor boys." blah blah. She even turned off Thriller on me when it came on the radio because she was "disgusted." :angry: Some people open their minds and consider other possibilities while others just don't care and want to believe what they want. As somebody said before, those kind of people have weak and invalid arguments and they generally don't have any proof or facts to back up their opinion. Which makes it a whole lot more frustrating. For example, my friends once started talking about how Michael supposedly "threw his baby off a balcony." As ridiculous as that sounds, that's what they really believed. I don't know where they heard that story from but it's news to me.

It's hard to deal with those kind of people and it becomes so frustrating but when they're keeping an ignorant mind and not opening up to other opinions, it's best to shake it off and forget about it. They'll find out the truth themselves. As for Michael being overrated, that just proves that guy has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to Michael Jackson. I don't know why some people bother to open their mouths sometimes because they just spew out garbage. However, sometimes they just sound so stupid you have to laugh.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on the person you're talking to, cause honestly, some people just don't care and have no interest in the truth whatsoever.
I've actually managed to change a few people's minds regarding michael, not by yelling and screaming, but by listening to their reasons for believeing what they do, and then informing them of what I've come to learn.

it can be done, you just have to be up for it.

A guy at work who is a friend of mine keeps saying that MJ never had a good record since the 80s. I mention that Dangerous is one of the biggest selling albums of all time, had multiple number ones in the UK with YANA, Earth Song which is his biggest selling UK single ever, Blood on the Dancefloor got to number one, two huge tours, a tour in 2009 to which 750,000 tickets sold out in a matter of hours etc. He ended up conceding that Blood on the Dancefloor is a great song and that MJ never lost his humongous popularity in the UK. Plus he likes house/dance music so his points on music are null and void!

I frequently get the silent treatment when the subject of Michael Jackson comes up. It's an awkward silence where you know what they are thinking. Even some of my own family members believe the worst in him. It's very frustrating. I have a sister who is 5 years older than me - Michael's age. His death should have affected her even more than it did me. But she doesn't have any interest in seeing "This Is It". I couldn't believe it when she said that. Though she never told me herself, my mother said she believes he's guilty. This cannot be the same sister who played Jackson 5 records as a kid in the 70's.

I don't have the strength to debate with these people. I could feed them facts all day and they will believe what they want to believe. Besides, I am not very good with recalling all the facts to defend him (terrible memory here). I just let it go and feel sorry for these people because they are so closed minded.

Besides, they are missing one really entertaining movie.

I don't have the strength to debate with these people. I could feed them facts all day and they will believe what they want to believe. Besides, I am not very good with recalling all the facts to defend him (terrible memory here). I just let it go and feel sorry for these people because they are so closed minded.

Besides, they are missing one really entertaining movie.

I totally agree. I've encountered the stoney silence when I've professed my love for MJ, and just move on in the conversation. Life is way too short to get into arguments about it. The corrupt and the media did an excellent job in tearing him down, and me reeling off facts to the contrary has proven to be a waste of time. So I don't bother either. Miichael was a gift to us, and I'm just glad I recognize it and feel blessed to have lived during his lifetime.

When people talk crap, I won't let them go, until they say I am right, which eventually they do since I tire them out lol.

You should print off some facts about the 93 extortion and vitiligo and give them to him, if he still chooses to believed in the tabliod version then leave him to it.

I frequently get the silent treatment when the subject of Michael Jackson comes up. It's an awkward silence where you know what they are thinking. .

This is what I get from my friends, thats what I got when I told them I was going to see Michael. The reaction was mostly a disapproving silence.

I used to defend him when I was in school, don't know how much of a difference it made.

My uncle is the kind of guy people don't answer back to. His own children who are in their 30s seem controlled by him. I saw him one day when he'd come back frm the pub and was drunk, something brought up the subject of MJ and he called him a p.. I went off on him with info. I know more information now than I did then unfortunately but at least I said something. My mum said she'd never seen anyone talk back to him like that.

On the 22nd july, the night I was supposed to see Mike, I went out with my friends, one of them heard that night was my concert night and she hugged me and then said 'thats all the sympathy you get for a p..' .. i just said 'he's not. im not going to start defending him in the middle of here (it really wasn't the place) but if you want some information I'll email you'.

Seriously, some people don't care about information we have, they just want to believe what they want. I don't know what to do..

Does anyone talk about MJ a lot on their facebook? I mention him quite a bit on my status..i have a 'note' about him, but now I've thought about posting links to info about the accusations but I know some people won't react very well to it.

Last edited:
i hate when people talk shyt about MJ too but thats the way it is you'll always have people who agree or disagree but yeh some people you'll be able to change their minds with arguments and some you won't so at the end of the day i try not to make it a big deal they either like him or they dont but it is their loss.

My uncle is the kind of guy people don't answer back to. His own children who are in their 30s seem controlled by him. I saw him one day when he'd come back frm the pub and was drunk, something brought up the subject of MJ and he called him a p.. I went off on him with info. I know more information now than I did then unfortunately but at least I said something. My mum said she'd never seen anyone talk back to him like that.

On the 22nd july, the night I was supposed to see Mike, I went out with my friends, one of them heard that night was my concert night and she hugged me and then said 'thats all the sympathy you get for a p..' .. i just said 'he's not. im not going to start defending him in the middle of here (it really wasn't the place) but if you want some information I'll email you'.

Does anyone talk about MJ a lot on their facebook? I mention him quite a bit on my status..i have a 'note' about him, but now I've thought about posting links to info about the accusations but I know some people won't react very well to it.

Aww sorry that happened to you with your friend. That was rude. But good for you for speaking up to your uncle and defending MJ.

I mention Michael every once in a while on my Facebook (commenting on the movie or a song, etc). I would love to pass along more of the lesser known facts about his cases to people but I feel kind of odd about it. I don't want them to think I'm obsessed or anything, heh! But who cares what they think, right?

All of the fans - on every MJ message board and from every fan club all over the world - should choose one special day to post nothing but facts and information about Michael's cases on every social networking site. We should all just bombard all of our friends and family members with all of this information. We have our own media outlets.:D

I have came on this crap before, some idiot when I posted my MJ graphics on a art site had the gal to ask this: "MJ was Black? LoL" and thankful another MJ fan I know told him not to make fun of MJ and basicly they were not seen agian. I made sure I blocked them.

A solid 40% of the world probably shares that same train of thought.

"DERP MJ SUCKS SO MUCH PLASTIC SURGERY AND HE MOLESTS KIDS LOLLOLOL"

I can't really quickly explain why all the trials were BS so I just politely tell them to go f themselves.

Well, now I tell them that the guy who accused him just blew his brains out. That's been working somewhat LOL

you guys have to choose your battles. some people will simply not believe anything they don't want to believe. it's a fine line for us to walk, but we have to know on whom to spend our breath defending Mike, and who's not worth it. I usually try to gauge it beforehand, and to the ones not worth it, I simply shrug and say -- you're not worth my valuble breath.

;)

Has anyone ever noticed that when MJ haters can't use any information to back up their argument they gotta resort to childish name calling. Saying crap like ''Oh your just a deluded fanboy who has been brainwashed into following J***''

That's funny to me because in actual fact they are the brainwashed deluded ones for believing everything that the tabloids print. Speaking of the tabloids i really don't like how they potray MJ fans. They potray us as these crazy people who are just blindly following MJ

Back