SONGVEST To Auction Personal Video of Michael Jackson Triumph Tour Rehearsal

Limonali

Proud Member
In Appleheads xcaping Reality - or trying to face
Mods, please move if it's in the wrong place.
Thanks to @MizVainluvsMJ for twitting that today.

###

SongVest, the company that reinvented the music memorabilia business by offering the ultimate fan collectable - the songs themselves; has announced their next major online auction will include memorabilia from Michael Jackson and John Lennon. Items will be auctioned between December 1st and December 18th at www.songvest.com.

###

The featured item for auction is a never before seen video tape of Michael Jackson and the Jacksons rehearsing for their 1981 Triumph Tour. Michael Jackson gave this video to his long time friend, Ron Newt. According to Ron, "The Jackson family was helping launch my son's music group the Newtrons. Michael wanted them to have this tape to show them what it was like to rehearse for a tour event." This personal video, recorded in 1981, is a rare glimpse of Michael at work.
"SongVest is delighted to offer for auction this unique video of Michael Jackson" states Sean Peace, President of SongVest. "Normally we send items like this to our great partners at BackStage Auctions, but this was such a unique opportunity that we felt it fit our unique business model"
The video tape has 64 minutes of Michael and the Jacksons rehearsing for their 1981 Triumph tour. "For the first time, you can see Michael being Michael" states Reggie Calloway, VP Sales at SongVest. "Never before has anyone seen Michael in the raw, uncut and unedited. The right fan is going to cherish the opportunity to own this unique piece of history"

###

For serious bidders, there will be a private showing of selected clips from the video tape. This showing will be announced at a later date in November.
In addition to the tape, SongVest will be offering other items like Michael's Triumph Tour Jacket, a set of bongo drums John Lennon played and more. Make sure you check the website frequently as more unique items will be added in the coming weeks. The auction will end at 3:00 p.m. EST on Saturday, December 18., 2010. Fans must register in advance of the auction at www.songvest.com.

###
For the original version on PRWeb visit: www.prweb.com/releases/prwebSongVest/Michael_Jackson/prweb4708004.htm

News: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/10/28/prwebprweb4708004.DTL

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/10/28/prwebprweb4708004.DTL#ixzz13ehwUGZ3

NO WAY!??!?! Why do I doubt the winner will just keep it instead of sharing it?

Personal video of Michael to be auctioned

Personal video of Michael to be auctioned
http://www.jackson-source.com/news/243-personal-video-of-michael-to-be-auctioned

SongVest, the company that reinvented the music memorabilia business by offering the ultimate fan collectable - the songs themselves; has announced their next major online auction will include memorabilia from Michael Jackson and John Lennon. Items will be auctioned between December 1st and December 18th at www.songvest.com. The featured item for auction is a never before seen video tape of Michael and the Jacksons rehearsing for their 1981 Triumph Tour. Michael gave this video to his friend, Ron Newt. According to Ron, "The Jackson family was helping launch my son's music group the Newtrons. Michael wanted them to have this tape to show them what it was like to rehearse for a tour event." This personal video, recorded in 1981, is a rare glimpse of Michael at work. "SongVest is delighted to offer for auction this unique video of Michael Jackson" states Sean Peace, President of SongVest. "Normally we send items like this to our great partners at BackStage Auctions, but this was such a unique opportunity that we felt it fit our unique business model"
The video tape has 64 minutes of Michael and the Jacksons rehearsing for their 1981 Triumph tour. "For the first time, you can see Michael being Michael" states Reggie Calloway, VP Sales at SongVest. "Never before has anyone seen Michael in the raw, uncut and unedited. The right fan is going to cherish the opportunity to own this unique piece of history"

For serious bidders, there will be a private showing of selected clips from the video tape. This showing will be announced at a later date in November.
In addition to the tape, SongVest will be offering other items like Michael's Triumph Tour Jacket, a set of bongo drums John Lennon played and more. Make sure you check the website frequently as more unique items will be added in the coming weeks.
The auction will end at 3:00 p.m. EST on Saturday, December 18., 2010. Fans must register in advance of the auction at www.songvest.com. Don't miss this incredible event.

About SongVest
Since 2007, SongVest has offered music fans, collectors, and investors the unique opportunity to share the royalties with the writers of their favorite music. Past auctions have included the rights to songs recorded by Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Carrie Underwood, Ringo Starr, Ozzy Osbourne, and The Monkees.

Re: Personal video of Michael to be auctioned

Even though it's crap that people start selling MJ's stuff after his death I still can't wait to see this.

Hope it is as good as Dangerous Rehearsals.

Even though it's crap that people start selling MJ's stuff after his death I still can't wait to see this.

Hope it is as good as Dangerous Rehearsals.

^ Hopefully whoever gets a hold of it will do just that, put it on Youtube or just Upload it somewhere where all the fans can see it :)

Limonali, *Hugs twin*
you already know how nuts I am over anything that has to do with Triumph era.. So I have been trying to convince my parents that if they want grandkids, then they should get this for me and I might pop out one for them.. lol...:woohoo:

Oh if I got my hands on this, I would so post it so others can enjoy watching it.
Ok, I got $50 to start bidding with, who's joining me? lol

Hey MJJC'ers hit me up on Twitter: MizVainluvsMJ...

^ Hopefully whoever gets a hold of it will do just that, put it on Youtube or just Upload it somewhere where all the fans can see it :)

I doubt it. Would you pay a lot of money for something, beating other bidders, only to put it online for free??
The best possible outcome (IMO) is the Estate buy it. I know they shouldn't have to, but by buying it themselves they get to control its distribution. If they decided to release the footage later they can make their money back.

The community must contribute to buy the video for the 2000watts section !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt it. Would you pay a lot of money for something, beating other bidders, only to put it online for free??
The best possible outcome (IMO) is the Estate buy it. I know they shouldn't have to, but by buying it themselves they get to control its distribution. If they decided to release the footage later they can make their money back.
They most likely have all the footage already

The community must contribute to buy the video for the 2000watts section !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a good idea, as really we should be contributing to the forum itself with donations. Rather than raising money for a video.

I would just hope that the person who wins it shares it.

I'd love to get a hold of this and slap it all over the 2000 watts forum for free.

It would be great if fans got together and bought it :)

I am A FAN of those two ideas!

Limonali, *Hugs twin*
you already know how nuts I am over anything that has to do with Triumph era.. So I have been trying to convince my parents that if they want grandkids, then they should get this for me and I might pop out one for them.. lol...:woohoo:
Oh if I got my hands on this, I would so post it so others can enjoy watching it. Ok, I got $50 to start bidding with, who's joining me? lol

Hey MJJC'ers hit me up on Twitter: MizVainluvsMJ...

:lmao: hi twin. crazy as usual, hmm? :p

I wonder, is there any SERIOUS way that we could even enter a bid together?

right lets see.........Piss broke poor MJ fans upload RARER rehearsals of Michael performing at his peak & concerts of him performing at his peak, but these so called friends of Michael who already have made a packet from him continue their bullsh*t by selling the stuff?

I think that Sony should buy that tape and release it on DVD, with a permission from the Estate of course.

I think that Sony should buy that tape and release it on DVD, with a permission from the Estate of course.
Michael's estate should buy the tape so they OWN it .. and then have Sony distribut it just like the new CD _ Sony doesnt need to own MJ

Edit. It's the father of Ron newt, who is a bas****.

Last edited:
Sorry.

It's just pissed me off, to see some stupid guys who come now and say " I was his friend, he gave me that blablabla "

Anything for money.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, u know which ever "fan" gets it will just keep it to themselves, using bullshit excuses as to why they can't post it, like "i made a promise" or some crap like that.

Back