Proud Member
Re: The Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary /DVD/ TV / Theater Release [Discussion]

^ what station? Hope it's on free-to-air

Bubs

Proud Member

helena22

Proud Member

So, the ABC version will be like a rather long preview of the dvd.
I hope it boosts up the sales esp. from casual fans or soon-to-be fans.
I don't think many of them have been keep themselves updated or counting down the days until the release date, like we do, so the impact of the airing will be pretty big.

OMG! I just saw the commercial on TV for the first time for the Spike Lee Documentary.
Those few seconds of seeing Michael sent shivers up and down my spine. He is the baddest!!
I dam near cried. :cry: Why oh why did you have to die MJ?!! :boohoo:

I'm sorry you guys
I sure did have the same type of experience :hug:
I guess you got hyped looking at the commercial, but the next thing you know it brought you to tears. Sometimes it hits you like that.

Anyone know if the USA airing will be commercial-free at least??

90 minutes with commercials is basically only an hour..

How they gonna cut out over an hour of material??
I have a feeling that a large portion of the airing is probably the interviews of other celebs. Some of the edited parts might be Michael's behind-the-scene moments, never-before-seen, candid ones.

C

ChrisC

Thanks for sharing. I didn't much like that presenters methods though. Constantly bringing up the false scandals. Is that really necessary when interviewing a famous director about a documentary on an album?

What a cynical boring life he must lead.

I'm glad he asked 'why' though with regard to Prince saying no. Sadly, no answer.

E

elusive moonwalker

Bbc are doing their best to belittle mj by advertising the doc as mjs last truely successful album release in their attempt get attention for the show.

M

MattyJam

Bbc are doing their best to belittle mj by advertising the doc as mjs last truely successful album release in their attempt get attention for the show.

No change there, then.

BBC have always treated MJ like shit.

Bubs

Proud Member

Are they advertising it and what they said?

Bonnie Blue

Proud Member

Yes, are trailers running on bbc now elusive?

Hey, i'm just glad they're showing the doc after all the trouble they've got themselves into lately. At least they're calling bad a success and not the disappointing follow up to thriller.

So excited to see 2 1/4 hrs of this documentary.
@speechless - thanks for the confirmation.

E

elusive moonwalker

A friend on f.b who works in the media/publishing. they get tv listings etc earlier than others saw it. dont think the bbc are promoting it yet

RIP_2009

Proud Member

Only a few days left....dont mind if the tv version isnt complete.Will get the blu-ray release anyway :)

PoP

Proud Member

They will soon.

bobmoo79

Proud Member

What the media give with one hand they snatch back with the other!

I don't remember them taking a similar approach with Paul Simon's Graceland, they were just happy to celebrate that amazing album without degrading another aspect of his career or the follow-up albums. Why is there always an agenda when it comes to MJ?

Annita

Proud Member

Maybe you should wait until complain. We don`t know if they really say something degrading. Nothing has aired yet or I`m wrong?

Now it is BBC 2 and not BBC 5.

Be happy about 2,15 hour wonderful documetation airing on the best time.

Hunterr

Proud Member

Just noticed the ABC version is 90 minutes, so with commercials, probably 70ish minutes? Lame.
Oh well. That's what the DVD will be for :)

E

elusive moonwalker

I don't remember them taking a similar approach with Paul Simon's Graceland, they were just happy to celebrate that amazing album without degrading another aspect of his career or the follow-up albums. Why is there always an agenda when it comes to MJ?

because the media has always had an agenda when it comes to mj. they have to keep him in his place and try to re write history with their lies.they wont be happy and wont stop until they can wipe him from history and devalue and degrade everything about the subhuman in order to brainwash generation after generation

MjsLovelyOne88

Proud Member

LOL aww true, I prove it everytime I watch any of his short films on tv rofl :heart:

WATCH a sneak peek of Spike Lee's documentary BAD25 airing this Thursday, November 22 at 8:30 PM EST on ABC ! http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/news/bad25-documentary-sneak-peak
T_T too bad they won't air it in my country, at least not soon.. :mat: I wish I still had abc channel!

Hunterr

Proud Member

Yay clip!

C

ChrisC

It's all that racism stuff that Vogel talks about. I never really gave it much credence until I read a lot of his evidence. Astounding in this day and age.

bobmoo79

Proud Member

It's all that racism stuff that Vogel talks about. I never really gave it much credence until I read a lot of his evidence. Astounding in this day and age.

To be honest I don't believe it has any link to racism at all but everything to do with MJ's image.

He wasn't normal, he did unusual things, he actively supported a 'strange' image for years and the media reported it. Unfortunately that strange image, although it secured column inches, in the end it got our of control and it ruined his credibility, and in many peoples eyes he became a joke. He never managed to shift that image. It has got to the point where it seems strange if you give MJ his dues for anything other than 'Thriller' and 'Bad'. They ignore the fact that Dangerous was just as successful sales-wise (globally) and was supported by a record-breaking world tour. They forget that HIStory produced record-breaking singles (Scream and YANA) in the USA, and in the UK at least produced MJ's most successful single (Earth Song - 7 weeks at #1!). No, instead the UK media would rather report that BAD was his last good/successful/credible album.
I'm gonna make sure the people at the BBC hear these points when they start their lousy marketing campaign, but unfortunately it'll probably be too late to change the printed descriptions submitted to TV magazines and newspapers.

HIStory

Proud Member

^^ I think in Germany too Earth Song was his most successful single EVER! More successful than Billie Jean or anything from Thriller.

E

elusive moonwalker

The media blantently lieing inorder to belittle mjs success has nothing to do with mjs action and everything to do with the medias agenda to re write history when it comes to mj.talk about blaming the victim The facts are the facts when it comes to mjs sales.wearing a mask or having a pet chimp cannot change that.yet time and time again over many years the media have tried to downplay his success by reducing the sales of his albums in articles or calling sales of an album that presley madonna etc could only dream of as a flop. what other artist gets treated like mj does either as an artist or on a personal level.whether its racism or not who knows but it is a blatent agenda against mj and an attempt to down play his success