Terrence Trent D'arby leading INXS

DuranDuran

Proud Member
TTD/Sananda did a tour in 1999 as the lead singer for INXS after Michael Hutchence died.

New Sensation

Never Tear Us Apart

What You Need

Kick

Cool performances. I remember Terrence Trent D'arby from when I was in my mid teens in the late 1980's. A great talent, I love his vocals. It's a shame he took himself too seriously saying he was a genius etc at his peak in 1987-88, because he is someone I feel should have continued to be a high profile artist. He goes by another name now, no longer Terrence Trent D'arby.

Cool performances. I remember Terrence Trent D'arby from when I was in my mid teens in the late 1980's. A great talent, I love his vocals. It's a shame he took himself too seriously saying he was a genius etc at his peak in 1987-88, because he is someone I feel should have continued to be a high profile artist. He goes by another name now, no longer Terrence Trent D'arby.

Yeah he's called Sananda Maitreya. He still records. He releases his stuff on his website. The last album he released to stores was in 2004 and was called Wildcard. It's pretty good. He had problems when CBS Records was sold to Sony. He had a hard time with Sony (like George Michael, also Prince with Warner Brothers), so when his contract was up, he decided to change his name and become an independent artist. I have all of his albums that were released to stores, but not the online ones like Vampires and Angels

He is still sounding sooo good, I thought he'd shunned the music industry. Thanks for this, nice to hear him

I love both INXS and Terrence it would be hard for
me to choose between the two of them
but I think Michael Hutchence's voice made
INXS along with the musicians then much better IMO

I saw a documentary about his 2 or 3yrs ago and it was a fairly recent interview. He was talking about his life (it was a religous program) and why he turned to god. I think he said he changed his name to Sananda Maitreya because he felt his identity as Terrence Trent D'arby had a lot of negativity attached to it.

From watching the program it appeared he was still fairly successful in Italy.

Back