The impact of forums today.

blue_eyed_belle

Proud Member
Basically what i'm asking is what sort of an impact do forums make on our lives today? I only really visit MJJC and keanemusic.com, but do you post regularly, or irregularly, in forums and how much does it influence others to do things like listen to certain artists or watch certain clips/films?

I've been thinking about this a lot recently as 'Britain's Got Talent' came back on air. The acts on there get hits from around the world...how is this? It can't simply be word of mouth? It has to be people posting on the internet/searching youtube etc. Susan Boyle has come out with so many views that she's now on not just national but international news!! I can understand why this is (a less than ordinary woman with an unexpectedly good singing voice) but how did she get so famous so quickly?

Your views please! :)

This is the only forum I visit. I come here twice a day most days, but I don't post alot. I know I've clicked on links people have posted here..

Yeah, it certainly wasn't word of mouth that made Susan Boyle famous. It was was when her performance was posted on youtube. She was on Good morning America via satellite, Inside Edition and Entertainment tonight etc. After all that, I'm sure word of mouth helped. lol I first heard from her when someone e-mailed me a youtube link.

Cass

I think forums make a huge impact on our lives now!

I know it's not quite the same thing, but I have met some great people on Michael Jackson forums :)

Back