#79 - The Essential Michael Jackson
#123 - Bad

Top 200 Pop Songs on Apple Music
#45 - Heaven Can Wait
#66 - Billie Jean
#176 - P.Y.T
#193 - Beat It
#200 - Rock with you

That's interesting, Invisible is above Thriller! That just shows Album sale numbers of Invincible don't indicate its real popularity. Music is consumed differently today.

Why caused Heaven Can Wait explosion?!! :unsure:

zinniabooklover

Proud Member
That's interesting, Invisible is above Thriller! That just shows Album sale numbers of Invincible don't indicate its real popularity. Music is consumed differently today.

Why caused Heaven Can Wait explosion?!! :unsure:
This is what I want to know. @staywild23 reported that HCW was trending on TikTok so started trending on Spotify. Which raises the question - why was it trending on TikTok? Great that it happened but it's kind of intriguing.

MJ5

Proud Member
I think someone made a Speed Up version of the song and it was re-posted quite often, as the youth likes that type of music.

example

Hiker

I think someone made a Speed Up version of the song and it was re-posted quite often, as the youth likes that type of music.

example
ew :eek: I am clearly not "youth" anymore as I could not listen to more than 1 min of it. But hey, if it makes the original popular, I won't complain. Its a great song.

filmandmusic

Proud Member
If that is all it takes to make a song popular we should post sped up versions of all MJ songs right now.
Another part of me should sound perfect if that is what young people wanna hear lol

Nite Line

Proud Member
This is what I want to know. @staywild23 reported that HCW was trending on TikTok so started trending on Spotify. Which raises the question - why was it trending on TikTok? Great that it happened but it's kind of intriguing.
Someone started a trend on TikTok and people started making videos dancing to Heaven Can Wait. No one knows why this trend started on TikTok.

staywild23

Proud Member
Top 200 Pop Albums on Apple Music:

#34 Invincible
#41 Thriller
#52 Off the Wall
#76 Essential Michael Jackson
#126 Bad
#187 Dangerous

So happy to see Dangerous on there!

To note, every other artist/album on the list (aside from Abba, whose Greatest Hits album is at #62) is a contemporary artist, still around and making music. Think about how amazing that is? He has 5 studio albums on the chart AND a compilation.

I just think that’s amazing. It makes me really happy 😊

Hiker

Top 200 Pop Albums on Apple Music:

#34 Invincible
#41 Thriller
#52 Off the Wall
#76 Essential Michael Jackson
#126 Bad
#187 Dangerous

So happy to see Dangerous on there!

To note, every other artist/album on the list (aside from Abba, whose Greatest Hits album is at #62) is a contemporary artist, still around and making music. Think about how amazing that is? He has 5 studio albums on the chart AND a compilation.

I just think that’s amazing. It makes me really happy 😊
Really happy to see invincible up there. It's a great album, but it has the fan community divided so much! That's 5 out of his 6 solo albums! Only HIStory is missing. There is no better proof that Michael is timeless!

staywild23

Proud Member
Really happy to see invincible up there. It's a great album, but it has the fan community divided so much! That's 5 out of his 6 solo albums! Only HIStory is missing. There is no better proof that Michael is timeless!
RIGHT? And HIStory absolutely deserves to be on there. Not only is it my current obsession, but it is also a BOMB album.

I am really only now starting to get into Invincible, because as I've mentioned several times on this forum haha I am still easing my way through all of his discography. I'm in no rush to get through it all. But so far I really love what I've heard from Invincible. The vocals alone are 🤯

staywild23

Proud Member
What actually is the apple music chart? How does it work? Why is called apple?
It’s just the Apple Music app. Lots of iPhone users have it. I did a free trial just so I could follow Michael on the charts there. I know, I’m a freak lol. Anyway, it’s just an alternative to Spotify and other streaming apps 😊

staywild23

Proud Member
Ok, I guess it is a lot smaller than spotify then. I haven’t really noticed an impact on spotify
Well from what I can tell, Spotify doesn’t have genre charts. So on Apple I’m looking at the Pop charts, specifically. I did see on Spotify that it was charting on the viral songs, which was cool. I think I may have posted about that somewhere above.

Arif Emirhan Alkan

Proud Member
Heaven Can Wait seems to be getting a lot of views lately on youtube too.There is a site that I follow named Kworb it Gives you The daily and monthly views of the videos.For Heaven Can Wait since it got first uploaded the most views in one day is 8th Of May 61065 views in a day.And for monthly it always have been around 90k views a month but in April it got 197000 views and as for May Which We Are only in the middle of it got 640000 views!You can check the site here:https://kworb.net/youtube/video/TDVlDUAIz5k.html
And for Michael's other Songs:https://kworb.net/youtube/artist/michaeljackson.html

Last edited:

Nite Line

Proud Member
Some big news in time for Thriller 40 that has made me really happy.

The following Michael songs just received updated certifications in the US.

Don't Stop Till You Get Enough - 5X Platinum. Last certified for 3X Platinum in August 2018.
Rock With You - 5X Platinum. Last certified 2X Platinum in August 2018.
Black Or White - 3X Platinum. Last certified 2X Platinum in August 2018.
Remember The Time - 3X Platinum. Last certified Platinum in August 2018.
She's Out Of My Life - Platinum. Last certified Gold in February 1989.

For those who don't know, Platinum is USA is 1 Million, so 2X Platinum is 2 Million. Gold is 0.5 million.

Remember that in the US, for an artist to receive certifications, their record label has to pay money to RIAA (official company in USA for music certifications). Good to see Sony spend some money on updating Michael's songs. I believe that a lot of Michael's songs are massively undercertified.

None of these songs are from Thriller. I suspect the big three from Thriller (Billie Jean, Beat It & Thriller) may also be recertified as we get closer to the release date of Thriller 40.