The Official Michael Jackson Exhibition In Japan (Merged)

Memefan

Proud Member
Jackson fans to get peek at memorabilia in Japan exhibit
Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:45am IST
TOKYO, April 20 (Reuters Life!) - Nearly 300 items of Michael Jackson memorabilia -- from the huge Neverland sign that once marked the entrance to his California ranch to a 1967 Rolls Royce -- are set to go on display in Japan later this month, nearly a year after the singer's death.

Jackson's death last June from cardiac arrest at the age of 50 shocked fans around the world and sparked a new wave of interest in his music, while a documentary film featuring the singer, "This Is It", became a blockbuster cinema hit.

The "King of Pop" was almost as well-known for his compulsive collecting as his songs.

Now fans in Asia will have a chance to see a selection of Jackson's possessions, including costumes, props and some of his signature crystal-encrusted gloves, exhibit organisers Juliana's Urban Development Group told Reuters this week.

The collection, which was previously shown in London, is to be exhibited at Tokyo Tower from April 29 for about eight weeks. Tickets will be available from next week from the event's website at www.MJLIFETIMECOLLECTION.com and proceeds will go to Jackson's estate and his children, organisers said.

(Reporting by Isabel Reynolds, editing by Miral Fahmy)

Re: Japan Michael Jackson Exhibit

Damn, why so short :(
Will be in Tokyo in november, wouldve loved to see MJ stuff there.

Re: Japan Michael Jackson Exhibit

Damn, why so short :(
Will be in Tokyo in november, wouldve loved to see MJ stuff there.

I am sure it is gonna be extended...But NYC is next, and I am hoping it comes just before Thanksgiving & the release of the new album.

The Official Michael Jackson Exhibition In Japan

Jackson fans to get peek at memorabilia in Japan exhibit

TOKYO (Reuters Life!) - Nearly 300 items of Michael Jackson memorabilia -- from the huge Neverland sign that once marked the entrance to his California ranch to a 1967 Rolls Royce -- are set to go on display in Japan later this month, nearly a year after the singer's death.

Jackson's death last June from cardiac arrest at the age of 50 shocked fans around the world and sparked a new wave of interest in his music, while a documentary film featuring the singer, "This Is It," became a blockbuster cinema hit.

The "King of Pop" was almost as well-known for his compulsive collecting as his songs.

Now fans in Asia will have a chance to see a selection of Jackson's possessions, including costumes, props and some of his signature crystal-encrusted gloves, exhibit organizers Juliana's Urban Development Group told Reuters this week.

The collection, which was previously shown in London, is to be exhibited at Tokyo Tower from April 29 for about eight weeks. Tickets will be available from next week from the event's website at www.MJLIFETIMECOLLECTION.com and proceeds will go to Jackson's estate and his children, organizers said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE63J09720100420?type=lifestyleMolt

Michael Jackson Memorabilia to Go on Show in Japan

Michael Jackson Memorabilia to Go on Show in Japan(AFP) – 11 hours ago

TOKYO — More than 280 items of Michael Jackson memorabilia including the King of Pop's favourite 1967 Rolls Royce will go on display in Japan from next month.

The Lifetime Collection will be exhibited at the Tokyo Tower museum
from May 1 to July 4.

Exhibits will include an antique piano and the famous crystal-studded gloves belonging to the superstar, who died last June aged 50, organiser Juliana's Urban Development Group said.

"The famous five-ton 'Neverland' gate sign, which had sat in his vast private property only until several months ago, will meet his fans at the entrance of the Tokyo Tower exhibition," the organiser said in a statement.

Proceeds from the event will be in part given to Jackson's estate administrators and children, the statement said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hlqdsN789PJiIGZr7Ft6udptyBtg

Re: The Official Michael Jackson Exhibition In Japan

I know it will be extended but its rather short isn't it? It was in London for 4 months.

How about a Exhibition in AMERICA........ You know where Michael was born and spent most of his life?

Do something in Gary or LA or someplace I could actually go to

How about a Exhibition in AMERICA........ You know where Michael was born and spent most of his life?

Do something in Gary or LA or someplace I could actually go to

It is coming to the States after it has been to Japan. Its NYC or LA, I'm not sure which.

Oh I would like it comes to my country, but I feel dificult
It's must be a great experience for the fans... It's like know Neverland and to stay more near of Michael.

I'm going to see this exhibition soon.
I heard Neverland gate has just arrived. I'd be emotional when I see it for sure...

I hope it comes to sweden later :)

Always wanted to go to LA or NY. So good reason to plan a trip when the exhibition is there. Wasn't able to go to London when it was there, Had just been there and am going again this November.

Although my guess is it will be in America around that time....

Jackson memorabilia on show in Japan

* From correspondents in Tokyo
* May 01, 2010 7:47PM

MICHAEL Jackson fans flocked to the opening in Tokyo of an exhibition of memorabilia from the late King of Pop, including his famous crystal-studded gloves and favourite 1967 Rolls Royce.

Some ardent fans were overcome with emotion and fainted while viewing the Lifetime Collection of some 300 items belonging to singer on display in a hall at the foot of Tokyo Tower.

Exhibits included stage costumes and props such as the crystal-studded gloves worn by the superstar, who died last June aged 50.

"By seeing his memorabilia, I was refreshing my memories of Michael," Kimiko Sato, 49, said, sobbing. "I felt as if he was still alive here."

Yu Tei, a 21-year-old Chinese student studying in Tokyo, said: "It was so regretful that we lost him. I like all of his songs and his lifestyle. He was so cool."

The collection also included costumes and masks of ghosts prepared for his unrealised London performance scheduled for last year as well as plastic containers used for his lunch in his last days.

Among other items were an antique piano, a gate sign from his Neverland ranch, trophies and gold discs commemorating one million sales of his records such as Rockin' Robin, Got To Be There, Maybe Tomorrow and I Want You Back.

A memorial event will be held at the hall on June 25 to mark the first anniversary of his death, the organisers said, adding that proceeds from the two-month exhibition would be in part given to Jackson's estate administrators and children.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/*****-memorabilia-on-show-in-japan/story-e6frfku0-1225861000691

MJ_ticket.jpg

photo_1272707417953-1-0.jpg

A sculpture of Michael Jackson is displayed at "The official Lifetime Collection" exhibition in the Tokyo Tower museum. Fans of the superstar flocked to see his memorabilia, including his famous crystal-studded gloves and favourite 1967 Rolls Royce.

http://www.tokyotower.co.jp/333/index.html

^ OMG ...People fainted?

i can't wait for it to land in North America. Preferably NYC.

People fainted? Wow, that is a reaction. From what the security guards told me when it was in London they had to deal with a lot of fans overcome with emotion that it became daily routine lookinh after the fans as a lot of them broke down in there. I must admit that when I went in there I cried as just couldn't hold it in. Its overwhelming when you see everything.

I went there with my son today.
I wish it is held in many countries.

I went there with my son today.
I wish it is held in many countries.

How was it?

What impressed you the most?

How was it?

What impressed you the most?

Hello Memefan.
I am not good at English.
I am sorry,I can not tell you all of my impression.

I was able to feel his sign from almost exhibit.
But when I saw a lunch box,it was hard.

I must study English more hard.
Thank you for reading.

Hello Memefan.
I am not good at English.
I am sorry,I can not tell you all of my impression.

I was able to feel his sign from almost exhibit.
But when I saw a lunch box,it was hard.

I must study English more hard.
Thank you for reading.

I understand. Thank you very much.

I can't believe it's been almost a year...yet it still feels like a nightmare that we'll never wake up from.

I understand. Thank you very much.

I can't believe it's been almost a year...yet it still feels like a nightmare that we'll never wake up from.

I know how you feel.
I held back my tears at Tokyo tower.

I know how all you guys feel. Saw it three times in London and broke down so much the last time I saw it. God I miss him so much :cry:

:wild: i am going here at least 2x when i am in TOKYO this month....

*sigh* i have a feeling it is going to be very emotional for me. excited nevertheless

Jackson fans to spend night among his possessions
Fri May 21, 2010 2:07pm IST
TOKYO (Reuters Life!) - Want to spend a night with Michael Jackson's possessions? The Japanese promoter of a collection of his belongings on display in Tokyo can make that dream come true on the first anniversary of the pop icon's death.

Starting Sunday, fans in Japan are expected to line up for the chance to spend one night inside the Neverland Collection at the Tokyo Tower, which to many is a shrine to the sacred memory of their idol.

More than 300,000 people have flocked to the central Tokyo landmark since the opening of the world's only official Michael Jackson exhibition on May 1.

Jackson's death on June 25, 2009 from cardiac arrest at the age of 50 shocked fans around the world and sparked a new wave of interest in his music, while a documentary film featuring the singer, "This Is It", became a blockbuster cinema hit.

"The idea may sound a bit odd to Western cultures, but in Japan the tradition of being with the remains and possessions of passed loved ones on the anniversary of their passing is an important ritual," said Hiroyuki Takamura of the Tokyo Tower.

Fans who are selected at random will enter the Tokyo Tower venue from 10:30 p.m. on the night of June 25, and will be able to stay until 8:00 a.m. the next morning.

"The chance to spend the anniversary of Michael's passing together with things like clothes he wore, things from his home, countless awards, and iconic video and stage sets will be an unforgettable experience," said Michael Jackson fan Mamiko Morii, who expects to be in line on Sunday.

"I have been to this exhibition more than eight times already and each time I feel more connected to Michael's legacy."

Guests will pay up to $1,000 for the one-time opportunity to sleep on the floor among Michael's belongings.

"Michael Jackson fans religiously visited daily, and many stay inside the venue for six hours or more," said Matt Taylor, producer of the exhibition.

"Many Japanese fans become overwhelmed with emotion when in the presence of so many things precious to Michael and iconic to the rest of the world. People stand fixed in front of artifacts with tears streaming down their face, still trying to come to grips with losing Michael."

(Writing by Sugita Katyal; Editing by Miral Fahmy)

http://in.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idINTRE64K1UF20100521?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=0

Last edited:

I love japanese fans (and jap ppl in general) they have such a great sense of respect and devotion,no matter what they do to show it it's always cute or classy...love them and I'm happy they can enjoy the exhibition as well.

^300 000 people in 3 weeks...? No way will this exhibition close before fall.

I pray it will come to NY next....

I love the japanese for loving and respecting michael both in life and death.I doubt the exhibition would close in the fall too ,The london exhibition was extended so I wont be surprised if it's extended overthere too.
I hope a museum would be built for all his memorabilia.

Back