The Official R. Kelly Trial Thread

E

elusive moonwalker

it doesnt matter what has gone on in the past the fact is he can only be judged on what was shown in court. that is the reality of it and nothing more. yes ppl may think he got away with it.but the jury can only judge him on the case that is infront of them and it seems based on that case they made the right choice. blame the "victim" if you want to anyone to blame. her refusing to testify because she doesnt want to hurt kelly or because shes just the village bike who sees nothing wrong with it is what got kelly off. (presuming she was in the tape)

Last edited:

Datsymay

Proud Member
it doesnt matter what has gone on in the past the fact is he can only be judged on what was shown in court. that is the reality of it and nothing more. yes ppl may think he got away with it.but the jury can only judge him on the case that is infront of them and it seems based on that case they made the right choice. blame the "victim" if you want to anyone to blame. her refusing to testify because she doesnt want to hurt kelly or because shes just the village bike who sees nothing wrong with it is what got kelly off. (presuming she was in the tape)
Indeed. And I do not think anyone was questioning whether R kelly was on the tape. The jury believed he was on the tape. Even his lawyers believed he was on the tape, just thought it was digitally manipulated. The facts remain that there was no vitim, 'THE glove didn't fit'

Last edited:
E

elusive moonwalker

yeap.the jurrors said it was him on the tape but they couldnt tell if it was her on the tape or not and the fact she refused to testify and said at the GJ it wasnt her basically made the case pointless.

how did she testify at the GJ that it wasnt her as GJs are just for the prosecution.did she lie to beable to testify and then turned around and said it wasnt me when on the stand?

Last edited:

Soso Deaf

Proud Member
the tape that did the rounds was the tape used in court. he claimed he had no knowledge of it yet they found screen caps of it on his computer in florida. he was arrested and charged there before it was all thrown out due to a mes sup from the police. either they didn't wait for teh warrant or they went where they weren't allowed but he's lucky b/c florida is a hard state to be pros. in.

he was treated fairly. his defense had six yrs to come up w/ something (and that's the bes tthey could do), he had a normal bail, was able to travel outside of chicago, continued to promote and work on his career, and had a month long trial.

i'd prefer we not discuss mj in this thread b/c it's simply been tried and failed many times before. it starts civil but then it gets out of hand so let's don't but say we did.

now thereare reports from a witness who says she was threatened w/ death for testifying in the trial......

Yeezy

Proud Member
Kinda off topic...... but does anybody have the video or a link to when R Kelly sings happy birthday to Michael Jackson??

michaelsson

Proud Member
Did you see those tapes yourself or did you just hear about them> Could it be that the reason why they weren't presented in court was because they were none to present. Could R Kelly be a victim of malicious lies too? Just thinking out loud,

memyselfni

Proud Member
yeap.the jurrors said it was him on the tape but they couldnt tell if it was her on the tape or not and the fact she refused to testify and said at the GJ it wasnt her basically made the case pointless.

how did she testify at the GJ that it wasnt her as GJs are just for the prosecution.did she lie to beable to testify and then turned around and said it wasnt me when on the stand?

the girl and her parents never said it was her. all of them denied this in front of a grand jury back in 2002 and have stuck with their claim. thats why the prosecution didnt call them again cause they would of still denied it. and it was also said that she didnt resemble the girl who was on the tape back then. now imagine what she looked like 6 years later.

not to mention the prosection gave the jurors pics of her when she was supposedly 13, 14 to compare to the tape and the jurors said the girl in the pics and on the tape didnt even resemble.

so with all the denial and the jurors not seeing a resemblance in pics of her back when she was 13, 14 can't nobody really say who the female is in the tape. unless they were there when it was recorded.

everything else is just speculation.

now i'm done talking about this here and anywhere else

a not guilty verdict was rendered and its over.

and i hope since the jury has said that it wasn't her and it was never to be proven as her i hope her and her parents start suing people for defamation of character, who continue to say it is without proof.

Last edited:
E

elusive moonwalker

the girl and her parents never said it was her. all of them denied this in front of a grand jury back in 2002
how did they get to testify to that at he grand jury? did they pull a fast one on the prosecution

E

elusive moonwalker

yeah i know that but grand jurys only hear prosecution evidence. so did the pros subpoena the girl and family without even knowing what they were gonna say? pretty dumb thing to do

Nite Line

Proud Member
Sick twisted guy who got away with his disgusting behaviour for over two decades. It was obvious in the mid 90s after his relationship with Aaliyah that this R Kelly was a massive sex offender.

lulubelle

Proud Member
I have to be honest, I really loved his music. I thought that he had such a Talent and I loved his voice. I find it so sad that this is what was going on behind the scenes. I naively, I guess didn't want to believe it or I hoped that it wasn't true.My heart goes out to all of the girls that were hurt. No one should ever be put through anything like that and I feel so bad for all of them. I remember watching the Lifetime documentary on him with the girls speaking out and thinking to myself...Maybe they are just doing this for money...I guess I really wanted to believe that he was Innocent because I couldn't imagine someone who sang such a Beautiful song such as, "I believe I can fly" could do the things that he was being accused of. The accusations sounded Crazy to me and I honestly can't believe that they were proven to be true. It blows my mind and it is absolutely Horrible. I don't really have anything else to say on it..I find the situation to be Sad on so many levels. I heard in the past, that he may have been abused himself as a child. If that is true, That is really Sad and it's Upsetting that he never sought help for what had happened to him as he got older. Shame on the person that did that to him. If someone took his Innocence away and abused him, That is Evil and I would have hoped that R. Kelly wouldn't have in return, hurt other girls having gone through what he went through as a child. It is both Heartbreaking and Awful..

analogue

Proud Member
Question is how do you all feel about listening to You Are Not Alone, Cry and One More Chance? Can you still listen to those songs or have they been ruined for you because of the person they were written by?

lulubelle

Proud Member
Question is how do you all feel about listening to You Are Not Alone, Cry and One More Chance? Can you still listen to those songs or have they been ruined for you because of the person they were written by?
I can still listen to those songs because they are Beautiful and I consider them Michael's songs. They haven't been ruined for me at all. For me, at least in this case, I have to seperate the music/art from the person, R. Kelly. I will still always love the songs & the music..