The ‘YAY I JUST HEARD MICHAEL ON THE RADIO’ Thread

They just played 'Thriller' at our city's Gala Day in front of thousands of people :wild:

SO cool:D Did anyone burst out a dance :lol: :lol:
Some times ago there's another big supermarket open in my city. All the items were on discount so they attracted loads of customers. And guess what, they played the History DVD on their big screen. When I came his MTV 1995 performance was playing, and lots of ppl stoped and watched in awe :lol: :lol:.
My roomate, who's not a big fan, was like OMG he danced so amazinggg :D

^^ Cool.

On tv there was an episode of Seinfeld, the one where they show various clips from the show, and DSTYGE is played while peeps dance. I wonder if MJ gets payed every time they air that rerun..

my god my brother put stranger in Moscow on and he had no encouragement from me, he had downloaded it too i had no idea!

I didn't here this on the radio but i was in a nightclub the other night and there was music videos being played on a big TV screen and then the Smooth Criminal video comes on (It was the Moonwalker version which made it all the better) and everyone in the room started to clap and cheer when they noticed it was MJ on the screen

People were shouting comments like ''Yeah go Mike'' and ''Oh my god it's Michael Jackson''

I didn't here this on the radio but i was in a nightclub the other night and there was music videos being played on a big TV screen and then the Smooth Criminal video comes on (It was the Moonwalker version which made it all the better) and everyone in the room started to clap and cheer when they noticed it was MJ on the screen

People were shouting comments like ''Yeah go Mike'' and ''Oh my god it's Michael Jackson''

Oh it's so cooool :wild: WHen i see Smooth Criminal in ur post I was afraid it's the shitty version :lol: DId u notice someone try the lean :lol: :lol:

:woohoo: I just heard "I want you Back" on the Movie Drumline!!

i heard shake your body down to the ground today :) woo hoo!!!!

loved it :)

I saw this commercial and this guy was dancing like Michael and then it said you could get any email you want on Yahoo and his was j@cko@ymail.com!!!! :woohoo:

Last edited:
Ok, you guys might be able to relate to this; I was bouncing off the walls. lol

Today I went shopping at the local mall, playing MJ in the car while driving, as usual. When I got out of the car, Beat It was just starting to play.

Well, I decided to stop by HMV, spur of the moment, just to poke around. Well, as I stepped foot in the door, literally, my first foot in the door of the place, and I hear 'Bonnnnng, Bonnnng, Bonnnnng, Bonnnng' ....!!! :wild: lol I wondered if they were just waiting for me to arrive to start Beat It. lol I had a great time in the store; they also played TWYMMF right after. Yaaaaay! lol

These kinds of things make my day.

:):):):)

Last edited:
ok a few weeks back i was on the bus on my way to work and steve harvey was on and he was playing songs back to back of michael jackson and prince he played thriller smooth criminal and jam

and when i was at work the oldies station was on and thriller came on

Again little bit OT but yesterday there was a show in Finnish radio station were the yjudge new songs.
One song was Jordin Sparks' One step at a time and one of the judges commented it like this:
"If this song was sang by Michael Jackson it would be so much better. If such a strong vocalist like Michael was singing this it would just suck you into the song and make it a whole lot better."
And the other judge agreed.

^_^

They have always been very positive about MJ and I love that they mention him every once in a while.

they played 'blame it on the boogie' on the radio today (though strictly speaking that is a jacksons song)...anyway that was pretty cool coz i haven't heard that song played on the radio in a long time!

They'll show it again, I've seen it twice. I liked it because its if not positive at least neutral towards him. Most media has a negative tone. When talking about his court case they say "cleared of all charges" or something rather than saying "child molestation", I appreciated that alot.

Our local radio station use 'ABC' as the jingle for their competion called 'ABC, 123'. It's played at least twice a week. :D

I was at an amusement park today called Adventureland, and when I was waiting for my brother to get off a ride, I heard 'Butterflies' start playing! I rarely ever hear even MJ's more well-known songs played anywhere, so I was overjoyed to hear something off Invincible get played. :D

Last edited:
While I was doing shopping few days ago I heard Bad and Beat it...
and you feel like buying :lol:

Last edited:
"Hold My Hand" is starting to be played in Australia now - I've heard it twice now since Friday.

I've never heard MJ on the radio, but one of my friends said Dangerous plays on one of the stations here all the time. So that's pretty cool.

I'm surprised I haven't heard HMH yet.

Last edited:
I heard Beat it in Las Vegas.. and also the same song here where I live in a resturant!!!:D

Heard Beat It in the pharmacy today; funny to be picking out a shampoo with Beat It playing in the background. :D

In the past three or four weeks I heard

Billie Jean and Off the Wall on KISS 104.1 in the same day
Billie Jean in a Circuit City
and the shocker: Maria (You Were the Only One) in a Walmart

I heard Beat it in my GYM, Rock With You on 102,9 FM and I'll Be There in a Wal-Mart in the last week !!

Last edited:
Back