the robsons speak out

Soso Deaf

Proud Member
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25693006-23109,00.html

Aussie friends of Jackson 'shocked'

By Peter Mitchell
AAP
June 26, 2009 10:10am

AN Australian family who met Michael Jackson more than 20 years ago and became lifelong friends was devastated by the pop star's surprise death.

Joy Robson, mother of choreographer Wade Robson, said her family could not come to terms with the news the King of Pop was dead.

”We are all in shock right now,” Ms Robson, sobbing heavily, said.
”We're devastated.”

A Los Angeles County Coroner's office spokesman has confirmed Jackson had died.

Lieutenant Fred Corral told CNN Jackson, 50, was pronounced dead at 2:26pm (0726 AEST) local time after reportedly suffering a cardiac arrest.

The Robsons, formerly of Brisbane, befriended Jackson when Wade, at the age of five, won a dance competition in Australia where first prize was a meeting with the star.

When Jackson toured Australia in 1987 the pop star invited Wade to perform at his Brisbane concert.

Two years later, with the help of Jackson, the Robsons moved to the US so Wade could pursue his dancing career.

Wade appeared in three of Jackson's music videos, Black or White, Jam and Heal the World and today, at the age of 26, is one of the world's most renowned choreographers, hosting his own MTV series The Wade Robson Project, working with Britney Spears and N'SYNC and winning two Emmy Awards.

Wade, Ms Robson and her daughter, Chantal, were called as witnesses at Jackson's 2005 molestation trial in California.

Jackson was eventually acquitted.

The Robsons spent many nights at Jackson's Neverland Ranch. After Jackson's acquittal in 2005, the Robsons were again in tears, but back then it was tears of happiness.

”I've never questioned Michael,” Ms Robson said in 2005.

”That's the bottom line. I've never ever had a second of a concern.

”I don't care what people say of me.

”You have to know Michael to understand.

”I've always said to Michael I wished the world could know the Michael we do.

”He's not what the media makes him out to be.”

Jackson, aged 50, died in Los Angeles today, although a cause of death is yet to be officially announced.

Jackson was not breathing when Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics responded to a call at Jackson's $US100,000 ($A124,378.11) a month rented mansion in the exclusive LA suburb of Holmby Hills, just after midday.

He was taken to the nearby UCLA Medical Centre but was pronounced dead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...00-3102,00.html

Michael Jackson's friendship remembered

Robyn Ironside and Sophie Elsworth
June 27, 2009 12:00am

A MEMBER of a Slacks Creek family Michael Jackson took to America 17 years ago yesterday remembered her gentle friend.

Chantal Robson, who became friends with Jackson after younger brother Wade won a talent contest in 1986 impersonating the star, said she learned of his death the same way millions of others did – through the media.

"I got a text message from Wade saying 'turn on the TV, I really hope this is a hoax'," she said from Los Angeles.

"People kept sending texts and emails saying 'I'm so sorry' and I was feeling really mad because I didn't want to believe it was real."

Chantal last saw Jackson at his 2005 trial for child molestation – at which she, Wade and her mother testified for the defence.

Jackson was acquitted of all charges and they have kept in regular contact since.

"Wade spent time with him and his children in Vegas recently. He was healthy and happy. He was finally getting through everything," she said.

She said if it was not for Jackson her family may not have moved to the US where Wade's career has flourished.

"I'm also a choreographer and my mum's an agent. Life in America has been very good to us and it's all thanks to Michael," Chantal said.

She said the private Michael Jackson was different to his public persona. "He's shy but he's so intelligent . . . the smartest person I've ever met and his kids are exactly the same. Incredibly intelligent," she said.

Brother Wade had been devastated by Jackson's death, Chantal said.

"He's having some time alone with his wife to process everything in LA. We'll get together soon and share memories.

"It just makes me kind of angry that it's taken his death for people to finally talk about how wonderful he actually was. He was always wonderful."

Fans across Brisbane, including Alexandra Lyons, 29, and Charlotte Henin, 20, fought back tears yesterday when they learned of Jackson's death.

"You always remember where you are when someone dies like Princess Diana and Michael Jackson is a bit more my era so it affected me. I have so many of Michael Jackson's No.1 songs and a DVD, I was just so upset," Mrs Lyons said.

HMV's Queen Street store manager Kristi Howard said every one of the pop sensation's items had sold out within an hour of the store opening.

"It's a surprise, you always expect unfortunately when someone does pass away that there is a hike in sales but we didn't expect to sell this amount of stock," Ms Howard said.

Events guru Harvey Lister said Jackson was arguably the greatest performer Brisbane had seen.

Mr Lister recalled The Jackson 5's debut performance at Brisbane's now defunct Festival Hall on June 23, 1973.

"I remember being there for their sound check in Festival Hall and in those days he (Jackson) was just 14, everybody referred to him as 'Little Michael Jackson'," he said.

The king of pop returned to Brisbane in November 1987 when he had well and truly cemented his position as the biggest rock star on the planet with his international chart-topping album, Bad.

"When (he) walked on stage and just stood there, the noise of the crowd was absolutely deafening. He didn't do a thing, he just stood there," Mr Lister said.

"It just makes me kind of angry that it's taken his death for people to finally talk about how wonderful he actually was. He was always wonderful."
so true

"Wade spent time with him and his children in Vegas recently. He was healthy and happy. He was finally getting through everything," she said.
whic is what is destroying me even more. theres some evil cruel game that has been played on mike

I feel for the Robson family, it must be very difficult for them. Even they say that Michael was happy and healthy, there is something that was going on.

well then he made peace before he went. that's the best we can hope for. he was looking forward to starting over and that's what makes it equally hard.

Thanks for this. This cements things in people's minds and some people will start to question the stories that the media is broadcasting.

Back