Touring America

SeriousEffect.

Premium Member
Donations
$5.00
Country
United-States

A good question was asked here. Did Michael ever speak more in depth about why America was not toured as much in later years?

I'd never seen that video before, thanks for posting. He looks gorgeous :heart:

Before I get sidetracked :giggle: I've always wondered why he didn't really tour North America that much. I think he'd only come to Canada a few times and that was with the Jacksons wasn't it?

I don't think Michael ever really clarified why he decided not to tour the US anymore after the Bad Tour.

Hmm, he doesn't seem very enthusiastic about the possibility of touring America. "It would be nice, but I'm not sure..."

AndreyZidane™;3355918 said:
Maybe because of the hate and bashing he recieved from his own country.

Yes, that is the reason. Dangerous World Tour was planned to come to North America in early 1994 but after allegations the tour has been cancelled in South America in late 1993. After that Michael performed only 2 concerts in Hawaii for the HIStory World Tour. Rumors are that New York concerts were planned for This Is It World Tour after London (Paris, New York and Bombay)

I'd never seen that video before, thanks for posting. He looks gorgeous :heart:

Before I get sidetracked :giggle: I've always wondered why he didn't really tour North America that much. I think he'd only come to Canada a few times and that was with the Jacksons wasn't it?

Yeah, it was....They went to Toronto, and I think Montreal and Vancouver, too.....Such a shame....I wish had been old enough to see him when he did come here...My mother's boyfriend saw them in Toronto back in '84...he knows how jealous I am lol

I also remember the America tour rumours for This Is It. While we're on that topic, did Michael mean that the This Is It concerts were his last concerts ever or just his last concerts in London?

AndreyZidane™;3356150 said:
His last concerts ever. And he only agreed for 10 shows.

He agreed to do up to 30. (Not sure if this is the correct number) It says in the contract. Michael did not have to sign it.

Due to public demand it went to 50. I don't like people saying he was forced. Michael could have easily backed out, as he has done it before with performances.

He agreed to do up to 30. (Not sure if this is the correct number) It says in the contract. Michael did not have to sign it.

Due to public demand it went to 50. I don't like people saying he was forced. Michael could have easily backed out, as he has done it before with performances.
I think we should NOT discuss the amount of shows for TII...there are alot of difference of opinions on this subject...some say 10..some say 30..some say 50....all it will do by discussing the number is derail this nice thread..I dont mean any disrespect to you...I am just tired of threads getting ruined by the constant fighting over the number of shows. There is ALOT more to that contract that meets the eye..so I will stop here so I dont ruin this fine thread.

Last edited:
I also remember the America tour rumours for This Is It. While we're on that topic, did Michael mean that the This Is It concerts were his last concerts ever or just his last concerts in London?

In the 02 announcement Michael said "I just wanted to say that these will be my final show performances in London".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qs36fLnSds

So I believe This is it would have been his last shows in London, and he would have eventually toured
the rest of the world.

In the 02 announcement Michael said "I just wanted to say that these will be my final show performances in London".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qs36fLnSds

So I believe This is it would have been his last shows in London, and he would have eventually toured

the rest of the world.

I agree with you..that is how I took his announcement to.. BTW,,I love your siggy,,:love:

AndreyZidane™;3356150 said:
His last concerts ever. And he only agreed for 10 shows.

I'm sure this may have been his last concert series, but after the O2, he planned to take it to other countries, including America, before finally calling it quits as far as touring goes.

I too, think he stopped touring America after BAD partly because of the negative attention he was getting. Of course this followed him all over the world, but you also factor in that while Michael had a huge American fan base, he was more adored internationally than domestically.

The news that TII would be touring America means Michael finally said "You know what, I'm Michael Effin' Jackson I tour where I want". :D

Yeah he said a few times that the reason why he didn't toured US was because how the media was saying about him. But US got the 2 MSG concerts in 2001, which was amazing, so I am sure that he wanted to make more concerts in US.

That was just a tease, Kenny Ortega confirmed that. After London, new album would came out and then This Is It World Tour.

He clearly didn't feel the same love from America later on, and was probably still a bit hesitant to tour there. Which is why he announced his comeback in London, to test the waters i guess...but he obviously would have toured America after he was done in London,i'm sure---just my opinion

Back