Two logistical questions

jemini515

Proud Member
I saw TII again today -- I wish I could see it in a theatre every week and that it would never leave!

Two logistical questions came into my mind this time:

1) There is a quick shot of Michael arriving at the March press conference in a golf cart. The video I've seen on the internet previously shows him walking past the golf cart, looking at it for a moment, and continuing to walk to the stage. Actually I just watched the YouTube again and it says "live" in the corner. Is there a longer stretch of footage available somewhere that show more of that lead-up to the press conference?

2) How common is it to tech a sit-down engagement/one-venue concert in a different location, i.e. the Staples Center for the O2 concerts? With all the trap door work, cherry picker, fireworks, etc.... I myself work in theatre in NYC, and Broadway shows for instance are almost always tech-ed in the venue the show will go up in, as the production elements are customized to the space. I can imagine this is different for concerts since other stuff was booked at the O2, but I didn't realize all the technical elements would be created elsewhere. Would the physical production tech elements have been shipped to London or would they have been re-created?

Thanks to anyone who can answer either question! L.O.V.E.

1. Probably.

2. I think they did that to test it all out so they wouldn't have to do to much when they got to London. They probably would have shipped the things there.

He probably took a golf cart from the car park to the arena. The o2 is huge and if you're running late, which he was, a golf cart is a must!

Back