We want wonderful extras in Bad25 DVD campaign

ketzergon

Guests
Hello Community friends, can you help me to make a little campaign to ask Sony and the Estate to include great extras in the Bad25 concert DVD?.

I have been thinking, like many of you, that we MJ fans deserve complete products, unlike the latest DVD releases of Mike.

Always watch with jealousy and anger how many other artist (like Madonna) releases not DVD but Blurays (a format million times better than DVD) with great extras like performances from other concerts, etc. and with Michael we had nothing.

As all the MJ fans i enjoy greatly when i hear/see Michael sing totally live (without playback) and my greatest wish (my holy grial) is to hear/see the Smooth Criminal and TWYMMF performances that were sung on march 5th 1988 in the MSG.

Will you help me?.

We could do it via twitter/facebook.

It's great that they seem to be listening to the fans now. I'm all for being positive about this upcoming release - hey, I'm really looking forward to it myself - but we should still be able to question and criticize things. This will only improve the quality of future products.

Last edited by a moderator:
but I think now is too late... that would certainly delay the release. We'll have to wait until Bad30 or Bad35

Okay.....

..but I dont think it's fair for that one or those who really gave their best to please us even though they definitely knew Michael wouldnt have wanted us to see that..can be very tiring and dissapointing, they only did it because we repeatedly asked for it....anyway the more we get the more we want..there is no end tot that it seems..

Okay.....

..but I dont think it's fair for that one or those who really gave their best to please us even though they definitely knew Michael wouldnt have wanted us to see that..can be very tiring and dissapointing, they only did it because we repeatedly asked for it....anyway the more we get the more we want..there is no end tot that it seems..
There is always stuff that can be done better, especially in this concert release. Also, they don't release this "only because we repeatedly asked for it". They do it for money.

Honestly I'll be just fine getting the concert...well not just any...wembley. I understand the perspective of wanting to get the most out of this and I can understand that. But I honestly don't expect there to be any extras whatsoever, and im ok with that as well. I also agree to an extent that fans as a whole are never satisfied. Not to say that the original poster isn't because I'm not, as I said I get their perspective as well. It's just so often we are given what we want or asked for and it turns into a nitpicking debate.

What I will say is that for me personally, this is the best thing the estate has done since MJ's passing. That's my opinion but they're releasing something most of us NEVER truly believed they would release. Their reasons to me are ill-relevant because they put forth an amazing package and I think they went way beyond my expectations. Heck, I feel like this is already outdoing Thriller 25 by leaps and bounds. Makes me excited for Dangerous 25...lol. No but really, I'm very pleased with this and I'm sure it won't be perfect, but they get a ton of credit from me for effort on this one.

Honestly I'll be just fine getting the concert...well not just any...wembley. I understand the perspective of wanting to get the most out of this and I can understand that. But I honestly don't expect there to be any extras whatsoever, and im ok with that as well. I also agree to an extent that fans as a whole are never satisfied. Not to say that the original poster isn't because I'm not, as I said I get their perspective as well. It's just so often we are given what we want or asked for and it turns into a nitpicking debate.

What I will say is that for me personally, this is the best thing the estate has done since MJ's passing. That's my opinion but they're releasing something most of us NEVER truly believed they would release. Their reasons to me are ill-relevant because they put forth an amazing package and I think they went way beyond my expectations. Heck, I feel like this is already outdoing Thriller 25 by leaps and bounds. Makes me excited for Dangerous 25...lol. No but really, I'm very pleased with this and I'm sure it won't be perfect, but they get a ton of credit from me for effort on this one.

100 % my words ;)

sure it would be great to get any extras and i dont have anything against such a little campaign.. but i am already happy with all the stuff we are getting..

as a amateur-dj I also cant wait to get these remixes, nobody wants! :D
anyone know the DJs? I just know that Skrillex is mixing a song.. Dubstep Michael! cant wait ;)

I hope if TWYMMF was not performed in this concert then it will be on the DVD as an extra from another concert. MSG Smooth Criminal would be cool as well. If it's not there it still will be a great DVD, but if it can be done then why not ask?

They don't have anything except that Michael's personal VHS. We can beg them to release more, but it will not happen this time. Maybe in the future, but not for this release. Only thing we can do is request best possible quality of this release. VHS can be restored and DVD can look great if they invest enough money. That should be our goal for this release, not bonus material. We'll get some bonus material on Spike Lee's documentary.

I hope it is a 2 DVD release. 1 with the concert and 1 filled with extra great stuff.

But that's just me dreaming...

Wembley had better be sh*t hot because if it's not there's gone be some smoke in the city. ROTFL. Then ya'll gone be oh, no, LA was better. Please release LA 88! HAHA

Extra footage of behind the scenes and rehearsals? YES PLEASE! I'll take it even in crappy quality, 'cause Michael was delish :wub:

YES! I'd love to watch Smooth Criminal with live vocals or the kiss with Tatiana. Rehearsal footage would be great or video footage from his photoshoots. Outtakes from the music videos and from his interviews or Michael visiting different countries as he's touring. As long as they show actual footage of Michael. I'm not really interested in the musicians or the fans...

It would be great if we had the option to either watch the show as it was or to watch it with a "The Way You Make Me Feel" performance from another concert inserted as if it was part of the show.

They don't have anything except that Michael's personal VHS. We can beg them to release more, but it will not happen this time.

Oh I'm sure they can find at least a little something in Michael's personal tapes. I wouldn't mind some water balloon fights extras... since we're watching Michael's personal tapes anyway... lol

If there is Dirty Diana on the Wembley concert, i would like The Way you make me feel from a another concert like Madison Square Garden 88 as extra bonus DVD!!!!!

As long as they show actual footage of Michael. I'm not really interested in the musicians or the fans...

Exactly....Why do they insist on focusing on the musicians or fans? While it can provide interesting insight, the majority of the footage should be JUST Michael...That's what people want to see...:D

100 % my words ;)

sure it would be great to get any extras and i dont have anything against such a little campaign.. but i am already happy with all the stuff we are getting..

anyone know the DJs? I just know that Skrillex is mixing a song.. Dubstep Michael! cant wait ;)

he's no longer involved with the project according to this article

http://www.mixmag.net/words/news/skrillex,-diplo-and-a-trak-to-remix-michael-jackson-for-pepsi

These would be great extas:

-behind the scenes/backstage

-bonus performances (all the songs that weren't in this show, including 1st leg songs that got cut) : The Way You Make Me Feel, Things I Do For You, Off The Wall, Lovely One, Shake Your Body

-rehearsals

No!
I want good video quality as possible and best audio quality.
I don't need extras.

Rehearsals? what for? seeing Michael walking from the left to the right and mumbling like a hamster? he is not dancing and not singing in rehearsals. from the few Bad rehersals that we have , they are borring.
Dangerous rehearsals were interesting, cause that way we saw songs rehearsed, that were not in the setlist later. Over-all, not that interesting, to me.

behind the scenes? we have many tv- specials of the tour and they are great. don't need people talking.

the only extras i'd like to have is TWYMMF and maybe performances from other cities were there were guest stars like DD NY or JGF with Stevie wonder. And Tatiana kiss would be the cherry on top.

If one day they release blu-ray of the tour, then they can put many extras, then there will be enough space for HD A/V and sd extras.

I don't understand this. Its always "want extras extras", what for?

So please next time talk for yourself.

Rehearsals? what for? seeing Michael walking from the left to the right and mumbling like a hamster? he is not dancing and not singing in rehearsals. from the few Bad rehersals that we have , they are borring.

Not even if the rehearsals could include things like this? There could be TONS more of this type of thing that we've never seen before...

[YouTube]QMfJhqPbp3g[/YouTube]

No one is talking for you, it's just an idea to get more extras if we can...Don't campaign for it if you don't want it...

Rehearsals? what for? seeing Michael walking from the left to the right and mumbling like a hamster? he is not dancing and not singing in rehearsals. from the few Bad rehersals that we have , they are borring

Disagreed. Maybe overall it might seem so, but seeing MJ doing dance improvisations and more adlibs and how he's ''teaching'' the band, dancers (like in that vid Arklove posted) is just GREAT.

No!
I want good video quality as possible and best audio quality.
I don't need extras.

We're not saying they should lower the quality in order to put more stuff. We're saying if there's free space left, they should use it, not leave it empty.

Rehearsals would be GREAT!!

How can anyone find that borring?? - It's magic in the making!!!

No one is talking for you, it's just an idea to get more extras if we can...Don't campaign for it if you don't want it...
well, thank you. stupid me to include myself. i thought "we" means us, all.
i see what your name means. :beee:

No, but its startin to get little too insatiate. till now that wishful thinking was fun, but that dvd could become a disaster (quality wise). extras have no place on dvd together with the main feature. as second disc, ok. or max 10-15min, else, quality going to suffer.
I have the feeling the estate is on some "to please the fans" trip, and will do everything now.

The situation is so confusing. They are telling us the one and only thing they can get their hands on is a VHS tape. They don't even have more on the main concert, so can I expect them to have extra materials?

Thank you for this! It's the most fascinating and magical thing to see him like this. Be it from a concert or from a short film or in the studio. There is nothing like it (to see him create, being Michael)!

well, thank you. stupid me to include myself. i thought "we" means us, all.
i see what your name means. :beee:

No, but its startin to get little too insatiate. till now that wishful thinking was fun, but that dvd could become a disaster (quality wise). extras have no place on dvd together with the main feature. as second disc, ok. or max 10-15min, else, quality going to suffer.
I have the feeling the estate is on some "to please the fans" trip, and will do everything now.

Ok, I get it. You don't want rehearsals and/or extras. Sorry for asking :)

Thank you for answer this you all.

Hey, i want remixes too, don't like it very much but for this im expecting some great ones.

Extra footage of behind the scenes and rehearsals? YES PLEASE! I'll take it even in crappy quality, 'cause Michael was delish :wub:

+1

YES! I'd love to watch Smooth Criminal with live vocals or the kiss with Tatiana. Rehearsal footage would be great or video footage from his photoshoots. Outtakes from the music videos and from his interviews or Michael visiting different countries as he's touring. As long as they show actual footage of Michael. I'm not really interested in the musicians or the fans...

It would be great if we had the option to either watch the show as it was or to watch it with a "The Way You Make Me Feel" performance from another concert inserted as if it was part of the show.

Oh I'm sure they can find at least a little something in Michael's personal tapes. I wouldn't mind some water balloon fights extras... since we're watching Michael's personal tapes anyway... lol

Nocturne Productions recorded all of his concerts (as i know), and in one mail send it to me of the vice president for the company he confirmed that MSG march 5th 1988 exist in their archives (Estate archives)

These would be great extas:

-behind the scenes/backstage

-bonus performances (all the songs that weren't in this show, including 1st leg songs that got cut) : The Way You Make Me Feel, Things I Do For You, Off The Wall, Lovely One, Shake Your Body

-rehearsals

Yyyyyyes!

:)

Well if you want to retweet my tweets (dah) that im gonna send to @michaeljackson and Sony's twitter and support this, my twitter account is @ketzergon.

Well if you want to retweet my tweets (dah) that im gonna send to @michaeljackson and Sony's twitter and support this, my twitter account is @ketzergon.

I do not have Twitter. :(

Facebook is more than enough for me... - In Denmark Twitter is not really very big... - Facebook is much more used here.

Back