What about elephants

Applehead Ale

It's just so sad! The numbers are just horrible, unbeliavable how it went down so fast in such a short period of time, since 1979 the half of the population was killed! Just embarrasing, Im ashamed of human race sometimes. Well, more than sometimes lol.

But as you say at the end, there are still people who care and actually DO something to take care of them.

xthunderx2

It's just so sad! The numbers are just horrible, unbeliavable how it went down so fast in such a short period of time, since 1979 the half of the population was killed! Just embarrasing, Im ashamed of human race sometimes. Well, more than sometimes lol.

But as you say at the end, there are still people who care and actually DO something to take care of them.
this^^^!!!

Travis

As awful as this is to say, it's true, mankind will see to the destruction of this earth. We're worse than any plague. Again, I know that's awful to say but that's how I see it. We use, abuse, consume, are over populated and don't give enough back and are destroying this planet in the process.

Arklove

As awful as this is to say, it's true, mankind will see to the destruction of this earth. We're worse than any plague. Again, I know that's awful to say but that's how I see it. We use, abuse, consume, are over populated and don't give enough back and are destroying this planet in the process.

^This...You're absolutely right...As Michael said, it starts with us....We've ruined this planet...It's up to us to save it...No one else will do it...

Ashtanga

Elephants are beautiful creatures..............

I think that poachers should be treated and convicted as murderers!!!!!

:agree:

And speaking of elephants... does anyone know what happened and where is the elephant that Liz Taylor gave it to Michael? :unsure:

[youtube]aeJptI02SwM[/youtube]

:heart:

Krshna28

Proud Member
I'm afraid the only way to stop this is to show no mercy to anyone connected to this evil trade!!!!

MJsBollywoodGirl7

I wish I could be helping those people who want to help save the elephants. It is just so very upsetting with what is happening to them. My latest issue of my National Geographic magazine for October 2012. Mentions it right on their cover. It says 25000 elephants was killed last year alone. I was angry when I saw this. Especially since elephants are one of my most favorite animals. And it says right in the article that in the first half of this year. 6 park rangers died protecting Kenya's elephants. And rangers has killed 23 poachers. I am so glad to hear that poachers are being killed for wanting to kill the elephants. I just wish it was like that in all the countries that has elephants in the wild. Where people would want to kill elephants. Especially for their ivory. But I am at least glad that Kenya is doing something to help save the elephants. And I just wish that the illegal ivory trade would come to a complete permanent stop as well. I just don't understand the purpose of turning an elephant's ivory in to works of art or something like that. Why can't they do that on canvas or clay instead? Especially clay where you can make all kinds of things out of clay. I should know since my one subject in my 10th grade year of high school was pottery class.

Frankyboy5

Proud Member
I think MJ also had another meaning to "have we lost their trust". We have in many cases...

I'm not sure how true they are but there are many stories out there of elephants killing humans for revenge, and even eating their corpses. They have quite an organized society and good memory as well, and they feel pain like if a loved one is killed...