What do you want to see from the Estate? (fans wishlist thread)

What type of release would you prefer?

• Hi-Res album release

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Faux Unplugged set

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Full-on club experience

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Symphonic Masterpiece

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
As for alot of us. all this year we all complain how we want new stuff from the estate. so i made this thread for things we wish from the estate.

this is just an thread. there's no guarantee we will ever get these things we want but we can all dream can we?

analogue

Proud Member
1. BAD Tour on Blu Ray. Madison Square Garden 1988 would be my first choice, but any show from 1988 or 1989 would be great. And I wouldn't mind them edited different shows together

2. The Making Of Thriller on Blu Ray

3. Ghosts on Blu Ray

4. 1995 One Night Only rehearsals

5. Unreleased footage from This Is It

Last edited:

Galactus123

Proud Member
-Bad Tour Blu-Ray. Any concert in HD would be great.
-Bad Tour New York 88 or L.A. 89 on DVD. I don't think they shot those concerts on film so normal DVD would be fine.
-Short films on Blu-Ray

Hulkamaniac

Proud Member
Any concert in Blu ray except one from the History tour... Maybe Bad Tour New York or L.A. '89 (OR BOTH) sourced from the very HQ master tapes if they can't find the Bad tour films, and of course, the Triumph Tour.

mjfan_93

Proud Member
Omg I need new music. Especially songs from his later years. I am sure that there are at least 1-2 songs completed from that era. Would be cool if they would release one single per year or something like that.

Electro

Remove the "Michael" album from the market.
Then rerelease it without the 3 Cascio fake songs.

Rerelease it in "Xscape" style... the "contemporized" versions next to original versions.
(Talk with the original producers to locate the right versions!)

Last edited:

IMWhizzle

Proud Member
Concerts in UHD and Dolby Atmos (I mean it!), his short films in UHD and Dolby Atmos at new music from the dangerous, history and invincible sessions!

ChrisC

Proud Member
Removal of fake songs from catalogue.

Blu-ray release of Triumph, Victory and Bad concert.

All the music videos remastered.

Smooth72

Proud Member
As much as I love the concerts and videos I have seen them a zillion times, NEW music is what I want the most. Demos and alternate takes would be great as well.

My guess is they put the Broadway show up and see how that goes before we see anything new released.

Robbsaber01

Proud Member
HD Content. Especially Bad Tour. Credible sources confirm full Concerts exist on film. The estate needs to FIND them or at least try if they are currently lost.
If Film material cant be found release the HQ NY/ Kansas/LA shows.

Jacksons Concerts
Release any Destiny/Triumph/Victory concert in HD/HQ.

Release Rehearsal footage (Packaged with concerts)

Remaster his short films or at least his best ones.

Any Completed new song material.

83magic

what about creating a streaming platform dedicated solely to Michael content, similar to Netflix, amazon prime, etc?

right now i'd settle for the Motown 25 performance to be uploaded to Michael's official youtube page, as well as other performances outside of tours/concerts.

Last edited:

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
The easiest project for the Estate to put together, and one I feel all of us would eat up, would be a compilation comprised of demos, alternate takes, original versions, and unfinished music. Recordings such as these don't have any other use, and they're just gathering dust in the vaults. Why not get some money out of them and give the fans something to enjoy?

Specifically I'd love to hear the following songs:

• later versions of "Don't Be Messin' 'Round"
  • the demo of "Speed Demon" in which Michael is singing through a bullhorn
  • the solo cut of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"
  • the demo of "Dirty Diana" in which Michael ad-libs the guitar solo
  • the demo of "Blood on the Dance Floor" in which Michael sings lines from "Sunset Driver"
  • the demo of "Changes" from 1994-95, with vocals from the Andrae Crouch Choir
  • the original 2008 demo of "Best of Joy," with a different chorus structure and unheard third verse
  • "H2O/Dark Lady" from 2007-08, which is apparently phenomenal but only has a scratch vocal
  • "Adore You," which features a 30-piece choir but is evidently very unfinished
  • any of Michael's orchestral pieces
No reworking or promotion required. Just mix and master the tracks, then throw them onto Spotify.

wonderouzmj

Proud Member
The easiest project for the Estate to put together, and one I feel all of us would eat up, would be a compilation comprised of demos, alternate takes, original versions, and unfinished music. Recordings such as these don't have any other use, and they're just gathering dust in the vaults. Why not get some money out of them and give the fans something to enjoy?

Specifically I'd love to hear the following songs:

• later versions of "Don't Be Messin' 'Round"
  • the demo of "Speed Demon" in which Michael is singing through a bullhorn
  • the solo cut of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"
  • the demo of "Dirty Diana" in which Michael ad-libs the guitar solo
  • the demo of "Blood on the Dance Floor" in which Michael sings lines from "Sunset Driver"
  • the demo of "Changes" from 1994-95, with vocals from the Andrae Crouch Choir
  • the original 2008 demo of "Best of Joy," with a different chorus structure and unheard third verse
  • "H2O/Dark Lady" from 2007-08, which is apparently phenomenal but only has a scratch vocal
  • "Adore You," which features a 30-piece choir but is evidently very unfinished
  • any of Michael's orchestral pieces
No reworking or promotion required. Just mix and master the tracks, then throw them onto Spotify.

[*]the demo of "Speed Demon" in which Michael is singing through a bullhorn
[*]the solo cut of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"
[*]the demo of "Dirty Diana" in which Michael ad-libs the guitar solo
[*]the demo of "Blood on the Dance Floor" in which Michael sings lines from "Sunset Driver" where did u hear these?

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
[*]the demo of "Speed Demon" in which Michael is singing through a bullhorn
[*]the solo cut of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"
[*]the demo of "Dirty Diana" in which Michael ad-libs the guitar solo
[*]the demo of "Blood on the Dance Floor" in which Michael sings lines from "Sunset Driver" where did u hear these?

I've never heard any of them personally!

"Speed Demon" was described in Joe Vogel's revised edition of Man in the Music; "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" has been mentioned by several collaborators, including John Barnes and Greg Phillinganes; "Dirty Diana" was described in Damien Shields' book Xscape Origins; and "Blood on the Dance Floor" has been mentioned for decades, including in the book Michael Jackson: All the Songs.

wonderouzmj

Proud Member
lol. good one. who knows they probably do look at this site time after time. it's an MJ related site after all.
Nah....they see what we want because in several threads ppl ask for the same thing...i just hope i dont die before they release anything in 4k. Luckily i was able to go see thriller 3d in theaters. Only thing about that is that i couldnt rewind it & i couldnt really hold my phone up right to record it but i have great shots

z21

Proud Member
Short films in 4k
Victory Tour HD
Bad Tour HD
Rerelease "Michael" album with original versions, without fake songs and some bonus demos, alternate takes.

For me this is a priority.

They all should get the original engineers to work on Days In Gloucestershire and release it on a festival. It'll get upwards 10M views on YT and a high quality finished version will be selling a LOT.

Eric

Proud Member
Ghosts on Bluray

Moonwalker released on Bluray in North America. (I don't understand why this is released in the rest of the world but not in North America)

It is? i haven't seen the moonwalker here where i live. in the past the moonwalker was release in theaters around the rest of world but not the USA. instead it was just release on VHS. back in the day MTV show it so there can be chances that the moonwalker could also be on old vhs's.

Eric

Proud Member
Why? No need to. It's a multi region Blu ray.

I know that. I have a copy. But having a release for North America would mean that people (hardcore and casual fans) would be able to buy it in stores. The way it is now we can only get an imported copy from the internet.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Come on. Let's be objective here.

1. Prince was infinitely more prolific than Michael.
2. There aren't 35 finished songs available, unless you count the various leaks. There's also demos and early versions of already-released songs, the vast majority of which are scratch vocals over music we've already heard (with a couple exceptions). Go listen to the demos of "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'," "Baby Be Mine," "Billie Jean," "Jam," "In the Closet," "Keep the Faith," or "Gone Too Soon." I dunno about you, but I'm not paying money for a demo unless it sounds nothing like the completed version (e.g., "The Girl is Mine," "Thriller"/"Starlight").
3. Matt Forger said there's maybe one album's worth of releasable material left. I'd rather they spread that out than dump it on us at once. There will come a day when we will hear the last finished Michael Jackson song. I'd rather that happen years down the line than right now.
4. Right now, the HBO lawsuit is a more pressing issue than giving us music or concerts. Prince isn't facing anything like this.

I imagine my Estate defending is sounding like a broken record, but there seems to be an awful amount of unfair criticism going on here, especially in light of the upcoming Prince project: "We know the Estate is knee-deep in a $100 million legal effort to expose a heinous 'documentary' and the company that funded it, but who cares? We want them to empty the vault in one fell swoop, and to give us concerts that we aren't sure they have access to and that weren't recorded on multi-track, most of which would be sourced from tapes that wouldn't allow an HD upscale!"

DuranDuran

Proud Member
Prince

Since his debut album in 1978, Prince has released an album almost every year, and there's many unreleased songs. A lot of Prince's unreleased songs are finished and not just demos. Prince also has the side project albums like Vanity 6 & Madhouse.

Only counting Mike's solo albums, he's more like Sade & George Michael, who released little material. Jermaine has released more albums than Mike has (even if you count
Farewell My Summer Love & the 2 released after he passed), and Jermaine has more albums than Janet too. I think Janet has to release about 4 more albums to pass up Jermaine. There is supposed to be around 200 unreleased Jackson 5 songs at Motown. I don't know if that's group only songs or if it includes the solo material that was recorded on Tito, Mike, Jermaine, & Jackie. I think Motown recorded solo songs on Marlon too, but not totally sure about that. The estate has no control over the Motown material though.

Wow. their were two great artists but it seem prince did more than Michael. i don't know is that because prince live it longer then Michael or something.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Re: Prince

Since his debut album in 1978, Prince has released an album almost every year, and there's many unreleased songs. A lot of Prince's unreleased songs are finished and not just demos. Prince also has the side project albums like Vanity 6 & Madhouse.

Only counting Mike's solo albums, he's more like Sade & George Michael, who released little material. Jermaine has released more albums than Mike has (even if you count
Farewell My Summer Love & the 2 released after he passed), and Jermaine has more albums than Janet too. I think Janet has to release about 4 more albums to pass up Jermaine. There is supposed to be around 200 unreleased Jackson 5 songs at Motown. I don't know if that's group only songs or if it includes the solo material that was recorded on Tito, Mike, Jermaine, & Jackie. I think Motown recorded solo songs on Marlon too, but not totally sure about that. The estate has no control over the Motown material though.

Exactly this.

Prince released 39 studio albums and roughly 900 songs in his lifetime. Even when including his Motown solo work, the numerous songs released on reissues and compilations, every new song on The Ultimate Collection, Michael, Bad 25, and Xscape, Michael released 12 studio albums and roughly 170 songs.

In terms of ratio: for every five songs Prince released, Michael released one.

That's not even counting the numerous stories of Prince finishing 2-3 songs in a single session, whereas Michael would often spend years (and, in some cases, decades) working on a song before ever recording vocals. He worked on "Changes" on and off for 23 years and never recorded a proper lead vocal.

Even when Branca and McClain step down, the Jackson Estate will never be able to produce projects like the Prince Estate simply because Michael did not leave behind that much material. Seeing people compare the two is absolutely ridiculous.

Nobody comparing the two. but it simply seem that Prince did do more than Michael. that's not saying they wasn't great artists. it's kind of sad that Prince estate is doing more for prince then Michael estate. i guess maybe it because Michael left us too soon without making changes etc. love Michael but he should of been more serious about his things. prince on the other hand made sure things went right on his side.

Anna

Staff

2. There aren't 35 finished songs available, unless you count the various leaks. There's also demos and early versions of already-released songs, the vast majority of which are scratch vocals over music we've already heard (with a couple exceptions). Go listen to the demos of "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'," "Baby Be Mine," "Billie Jean," "Jam," "In the Closet," "Keep the Faith," or "Gone Too Soon." I dunno about you, but I'm not paying money for a demo unless it sounds nothing like the completed version (e.g., "The Girl is Mine," "Thriller"/"Starlight").
3. Matt Forger said there's maybe one album's worth of releasable material left. I'd rather they spread that out than dump it on us at once. There will come a day when we will hear the last finished Michael Jackson song. I'd rather that happen years down the line than right now.
4. Right now, the HBO lawsuit is a more pressing issue than giving us music or concerts. Prince isn't facing anything like this.

I imagine my Estate defending is sounding like a broken record, but there seems to be an awful amount of unfair criticism going on here, especially in light of the upcoming Prince project: "We know the Estate is knee-deep in a $100 million legal effort to expose a heinous 'documentary' and the company that funded it, but who cares? We want them to empty the vault in one fell swoop, and to give us concerts that we aren't sure they have access to and that weren't recorded on multi-track, most of which would be sourced from tapes that wouldn't allow an HD upscale!"

Exactly!

DuranDuran

Proud Member
I think MJs method has always been solid Quality > Quantity.
I think Prince just didn't have that much a life outside of music. That's all he did. He would do a concert and sometimes do another full show at a club after it.

If you notice, that before the mid 1970s, many artists released a lot of records because that is what was required from the record labels of the acts back then, especially with rock music. That's how the labels can continue to release new songs to this day by Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix, & The Beatles and that the J5 have so much unreleased material. They recorded a lot more material than was was put out. During a period in the 1960s, James Brown released around 9 different albums in a 2 or 3 year period plus non-album singles & produced records by other singers/bands. The Beatles and other performers made albums and non-album singles. It was in the mid-1970s when the labels started to milk albums for a longer period. That is when the blockbuster albums from Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, Boston, & the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack came about. That wasn't really possible before the 1970s, because acts released records really often. They averaged 2 or 3 albums a year. A album 1960s and before might have only had 1 or 2 singles, maybe 3, put out from it. The huge success of Thriller couldn't have happened in the 1960s or before, because it most likely would have been promoted just a few months and then the next thing would have came out. That's how the Jackson 5 released more studio albums (and that's not including the solo ones Motown put out on the brothers) in about 6 or 7 years than Mike did in the 30 year period from 1979 to 2009, including the 2 he did with The Jacksons.

ChrisC

Proud Member
I'm actually shocked that there aren't more than 170 songs released across Michael's entire career. I'd have put the total at double that.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
I'm actually shocked that there aren't more than 170 songs released across Michael's entire career. I'd have put the total at double that.

I thought the same thing! If you only consider material off his solo studio albums, that number drops to 115.

Well i guess that means Prince did do more then Michael. danggggg. :laughing: that's gonna take awhile to sink in. wow. congrats prince. you deserve it just like Michael did.

mjfan_93

Proud Member
I made a thread a while ago, but it hasn't been properly updated in ages. I should get on that!

I'm always looking for more info, so anyone who has heard unreleased songs and is willing to share some information (e.g., completion, lyrics, sounds), I'd love to hear about it!

Oh please do that. We need a proper list with all informations we have ?

z21

Proud Member

Estate released non Michael Jackson songs and after almost 10 years they are still in his official discography. Prince's Estate didnt do such shit. Instead of releasing "new" songs right now, they should apologize for that, erase fake song from MJs discography and give us ****ing original versions of rest track from feral album. Prince's Estate didnt do such shit.

DuranDuran

Proud Member
Well i guess that means Prince did do more then Michael. danggggg. :laughing: that's gonna take awhile to sink in. wow. congrats prince. you deserve it just like Michael did.
What is it that they deserve? If Prince has recorded more material, then that's just what it is. It would seem to me that if Mike had a lot of usuable songs, then there would be no reason for fake songs or putting music over snippet vocals like Love Never Felt So Good. I though they should have had Justin Timberlake sing the 2nd verse form the Johnny Mathis version than just repeating what Mike sang.

It's like the deluxe Beatles albums that have been released the last 2 years. Or the Paul McCartney ones with a book & DVD of videos & behind the scenes footage. That's where the alternate Say Say Say was on. In their case, there's unreleased songs and alternate versions of already released songs.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Estate released non Michael Jackson songs and after almost 10 years they are still in his official discography. Prince's Estate didnt do such shit. Instead of releasing "new" songs right now, they should apologize for that, erase fake song from MJs discography and give us ****ing original versions of rest track from feral album. Prince's Estate didnt do such shit.

No one here is saying the Estate hasn't royally f*cked up in the past. They have. But that doesn't warrant deconstructing and complaining about every single minute decision they make, even if that decision is to forestall projects while they focus on winning the HBO lawsuit.

On top of that, I've accepted we will never get a direct admission from the Estate. While that would be the ideal endgame, realistically that could only result in a PR disaster the likes of which the world has never seen. No company has ever released fraudulent songs of a deceased artist. Not saying this is a reason to forgive them, but it would not even remotely surprise me if they never commented on it again.

And again, I'll state the obvious: there are very few remaining songs and, so far as we know, very little video footage. It makes more sense to draw that out over decades than to void the vault at once. Prince's Estate can afford it because Prince was one of the most prolific (and organized) artists to ever live. Michael wasn't.

Hulkamaniac

Proud Member
Cirque shows are nothing compared to new releases, or concerts released in real HD sourced from film and being shown in cinemas. do you really believe that they don't make any money? that's nonsense.

DuranDuran

Proud Member
Singers make the vast majority of their income via touring, merchandise, and sponsorships. Songs and albums are a very, very minute percentage of their overall earnings. That's sadly a reality of the current music industry, which makes it difficult for estates of deceased artists such as Michael to adapt: concerts are impossible, merchandise sales dissipate the longer removed we get from the artist's death, and sponsorships are lost to younger and more current artists
The Rolling Stones probably haven't had a hit record since the 1980s. But their tours continue to be big money makers. Other veterans like Will Smith, Queen Latifah, & Ice Cube do more acting than music and Ice Cube also owns a basketball league. Rihanna has a popular makeup line with Fenty Beauty. Artists make very little money with streaming. But most artists didn't make a lot of money from record sales in the pre-internet days either because of the bad contracts labels signed them to.

Today there's oldies songs being used in movies, TV, commercials, and video games as well as movies & Broadway shows based on the catalog of different acts like the Four Seasons, Cher, Beatles, Abba, Dolly Parton etc. In the past songs were covered a lot so that is money for songwriters. Today's pop music is mainly hip hop, which doesn't really fit with cover versions. They tend to fit with the act who originally released it, not with someone else, so there's fewer remakes of modern hits. Just about anybody can perform a song like Stand By Me by Ben E King, but they cannot doKendrick Lamar, Megan Thee Stallion, Drake, or Cardi B songs. Also with sampling, any royalties is split with a lot of people, especially if the song contains multiple samples.

DuranDuran

Proud Member
sales

Cirque shows are nothing compared to new releases, or concerts released in real HD sourced from film and being shown in cinemas. do you really believe that they don't make any money? that's nonsense.
How many concerts have been released to movie theaters over the decades? Not that many and very few made much money. The highest grossing one is Hannah Montana I think and that's because of her teen audience. Most albums by new popular acts don't sell a lot other than maybe Adele, Bruno Mars & Taylor Swift. Today's audience streams the music. They don't even put CD players in cars anymore as a default and newer laptops/PCs often don't have a disc drive. So the average person doesn't even own something to play a CD on. If a lot people bought music today, then Billboard wouldn't use streaming in their chart criteria and the RIAA wouldn't count a certain amount of streams as a sale of an album. Can't make a lot money from ghost sales.

It's hard for
any movie to make money today at the theater that's not superheroes, Disney remakes, family animation movies, and horror to a lesser extent.

Last edited:
What i mean that Prince deserve fame just like Michael did. especially the fact he did more then him material work. i'm not comparing the two at all. i'm just saying though. congrats prince he deserve it just like Michael did.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Cirque shows are nothing compared to new releases

The Immortal tour is the eleventh highest-grossing tour in history with $371 million in ticket sales. The Vegas residency has been a consistent best-seller for nearly seven years, and has reportedly seen a huge upsurge in popularity in the wake of Leaving Neverland. And that isn't even accounting for merchandise sales, which (as established) is an artist's predominant source of income.

Furthermore, Forbes has credited the Cirque shows as one of the Estate's predominant sources of income in their year-end list of highest-grossing dead celebrities every year since 2012 (and even called them the number one generator in 2013 and 2015).

That's not nothing.

or concerts released in real HD sourced from film and being shown in cinemas. do you really believe that they don't make any money? that's nonsense.

Digitally remastering film to theater standards (2K resolution minimum) costs several hundred thousand dollars on average. The last theatrically-released concert film to gross over $1 million (One Direction: This is Us) came out six years ago. Since studios operate on the classic adage of "double your budget = break even" (which oftentimes doesn't apply when considering promotion, distribution costs, and theater fees), the likelihood of success is low.

There is literally and objectively no financial incentive for the Estate to release a concert right now. They'd lose money.

Korgnex

Proud Member
That way, we get ...

And what do they get? One quickly pirated misstep after another.

You must face reality: MJ's estate is a business entity that wants to maximize its profits. MJ didn't give us his unreleased songs and demos, too. So, his estate isn't handling this any differently, if you are totally honest.

Robbsaber01

Proud Member
The Immortal tour is the eleventh highest-grossing tour in history with $371 million in ticket sales. The Vegas residency has been a consistent best-seller for nearly seven years, and has reportedly seen a huge upsurge in popularity in the wake of Leaving Neverland. And that isn't even accounting for merchandise sales, which (as established) is an artist's predominant source of income.

Furthermore, Forbes has credited the Cirque shows as one of the Estate's predominant sources of income in their year-end list of highest-grossing dead celebrities every year since 2012 (and even called them the number one generator in 2013 and 2015).

That's not nothing.

Digitally remastering film to theater standards (2K resolution minimum) costs several hundred thousand dollars on average. The last theatrically-released concert film to gross over $1 million (One Direction: This is Us) came out six years ago. Since studios operate on the classic adage of "double your budget = break even" (which oftentimes doesn't apply when considering promotion, distribution costs, and theater fees), the likelihood of success is low.

There is literally and objectively no financial incentive for the Estate to release a concert right now. They'd lose money.
They dont even have to release in cinema. We just want an HD remastered concert from the King of Pop. Queen has done this several times. If I'm greedy then guilty as charged. Mj deserves a quality release handled with care top to bottom. I guarentee if Wembley looked like Moonwalker it would have done much better sales wise. This is also why MJ deserves a collectors label.

Depends on how much is in the vault they should release items at least every 2 or 3 years. they claim it's a lot of stuff is in there not counting the stuff that already been release. i feel they need to go slow with it. it's been 5 years since the last time they release something. it's time to release something else.

i just hope we all be alive when they release Michael very last item.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
They dont even have to release in cinema. We just want an HD remastered concert from the King of Pop. Queen has done this several times. If I'm greedy then guilty as charged. Mj deserves a quality release handled with care top to bottom. I guarentee if Wembley looked like Moonwalker it would have done much better sales wise. This is also why MJ deserves a collectors label.

1080p film restoration costs anywhere from $80,000 to $450,000. Add in marketing, distribution, and promotional costs, and that figure balloons to anywhere from $1 to $5 million. Sales of Blu-Rays and DVDs have halved over the last five years, so a return on investment via home media is highly unlikely, whereas streaming services like Netflix and Amazon are said to only pay anywhere from $40,000 to $100,000 for multi-year exclusive rights (assuming, of course, that they'd even be willing to buy). Sony/the Estate would run the risk of losing money, which no company would (or should) do.

Queen released four different concerts on Blu-Ray over the last twelve years. Three of them failed to chart. One charted in eight countries, none of them being the US, Japan, Germany, or the UK (four of the world's five largest home-media markets).

Wembley disappointed because it was aimed at the diehards, which are but a small percentage of the overall audience. Check the reviews of any shopping website and you'll see that the general public wasn't privy to the VHS controversy. Concert films just don't engender good business anymore.

It's not a coincidence that the only concert Branca ever suggested theatrically releasing (Munich '97) already exists in 1080p, nor that the forthcoming Prince release isn't going to Blu-Ray (nor is it getting a separate release from the box set).

I completely agree that Michael deserves a high-quality release. But the Estate and/or Sony's reluctance to waste money on a film that statistically has a guaranteed likelihood of under performing (if not outright failing) makes total sense.

dam2040

Proud Member
Not saying Estate sucks and I fully understand why no releases and no big cool box sets like Prince fans get or tonnes of concerts Elvis fans get on that label but it would be nice just to have something release I guess.

DuranDuran

Proud Member
Prince

Even with the new Prince project, you're still required to buy an album you've already heard to gain access to the material you haven't.
There's a rumor that a couple of the recent Prince releases came from a cassette source and not a master tape. The piano album was confirmed to come from cassette and one of the songs was used for the Spike Lee movie BlacKkKlansman. It was just Prince practicing, not something intended for release. There's supposed to be hundreds of these cassettes of things not studio recorded. It's been said the unreleased songs on the Purple Rain reissue came from cassette too. I don't know if that's true or not. But there is a skip or drop out on Erotic City that's not on the original single.

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
Why would that be at this point?

Quincy sued the Estate and received a fraction of what he sought, not to mention the fact that (barring archive footage) he was absent from the Off the Wall and Bad documentaries. He'll likely never willingly collaborate with them.

Shibbi Jackson

Proud Member
I just want them to decrease the prices of Michael Jackson stuff, especially in India, however I have made a small collection of my own by sales and pocket money.

Top Bottom