What's a song you used to Love a lot...

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
That you don't really listen to as hard anymore these days?

For me it's, probably 2 Bad from HIStory. There was a time I'd claim it as my favorite song but now I barely hear it like that.

Last edited:
Funilly enough I'd say 2bad as well. I was obsessed with it a good few years ago but don't really listen to it anymore.

They Don't Care About Us used to be my favorite MJ song years ago but nowadays I very rarely listen to it. More recently I used to listen to TYLA basically everyday as well since it leaked but now it's a once in a while thing. Heartbreaker and Who Do You Know are the songs I'm addicted to nowadays lol.

For me it was Smooth Criminal and Whatever Happens. I was obsessed with those songs. Nowadays I'm listening to Give Into Me and Chicago 1945 on daily basis.

I loved You Are Not Alone ( Song) not the video which i found cringey in the extreme. Not a fan of it now due to the R Kelly connection and I have a feeling it would probably have not had been performed at This is It probably replaced by She's Out of My Life which is always excellent live ( though not a fan of the recorded version.

You listen to every MJ song equal amounts and have always done that?
You donā€™t have to listen to all the songs all the time to prove you still love it.
Of course I donā€™t play the Dangerous album as often as I used to as a kid (probably just once a year now) but I still love the album as much as I did when I was 13.

It comes and goes. I canā€™t remember when I last listened to man in the mirror for example, it must have been year, it doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t like the song. I enjoy stuff in moderation besides there is too much awesome music waiting to get my attention lol

You donā€™t have to listen to all the songs all the time to prove you still love it.
Of course I donā€™t play the Dangerous album as often as I used to as a kid (probably just once a year now) but I still love the album as much as I did when I was 13.

It comes and goes. I canā€™t remember when I last listened to man in the mirror for example, it must have been year, it doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t like the song. I enjoy stuff in moderation besides there is too much awesome music waiting to get my attention lol

I didn't really see this thread as being about songs that you now hate, maybe I'm wrong.

I didn't really see this thread as being about songs that you now hate, maybe I'm wrong.
You are not wrong. You are not wrong at all. It has nothing to do with hatred.

MJ's music, even when it's not my favorite, never ever sits in my head like an annoying "earworm" that I can't wait to be rid of. It's not painful to sing his songs all day.

With that said, there are times I am totally out of my MJ phase, and it's coming up pretty soon tbh. I play a lot of his material hard and then I stop for a bit, I like to explore lots of new material, and there is lots. It still roots back to my love of MJ, who taught me that to enjoy music means really dissecting what you hear and enjoying the sonic intricacies of it.

Funilly enough I'd say 2bad as well. I was obsessed with it a good few years ago but don't really listen to it anymore.
Yeah I don't give it much play anymore. Unless, funny enough, it's the Refugee Camp Remix, which I maybe prefer more. As well as the Ghosts version.

As of late, the songs I played repeatedly and then kinda stopped playing:

Chicago 1945
Chicago
Faces (Before it leaked)
Smooth Criminal
Sunset Driver
Hot Street
Whatever Happens
Can't Let Her Get Away

Pretty much from latest to earliest. Some songs I always can play, like Who Is It, and Stranger in Moscow, and I Can't Help It and Off The Wall.

Heartbreaker. How could I forget. That was a huge regular play. It barely gets air. I did get tired of the compression actually. But I actually like Invincible the most nowadays.

Heartbreaker. How could I forget. That was a huge regular play. It barely gets air. I did get tired of the compression actually. But I actually like Invincible the most nowadays.
I agree. I used to listen to Heartbreaker all the time, but now it sounds overproduced to me. Not to mention Fatsā€™ rap is atrocious on it.

I agree. I used to listen to Heartbreaker all the time, but now it sounds overproduced to me. Not to mention Fatsā€™ rap is atrocious on it.
I just listened to it again, and it sounds quite good still. I had just overplayed it. It sounds like Timbaland/Mr. Morale type beats, so it is not dated really. Just got personally tired of it.

I just listened to it again, and it sounds quite good still. I had just overplayed it. It sounds like Timbaland/Mr. Morale type beats, so it is not dated really. Just got personally tired of it.
I agree that it does sound like Timbaland's work from the time, but there's too much going on in this song- which generally wasn't an issue with the work Timbaland was producing. Also, the computerized sounds at the end have not aged well and sound dated imo.

I hardly listen to anything on the Michael album anymore, aside from Best Of Joy.
Best of Joy is probably the one I don't favor as often. At least until the Toy came out.

I still haven't listened to the Michael album in full. But I have to say I LOVE "Much Too Soon" and "(I Like) The Way You Love Me" so much. I think both are amazing. Perhaps because I heard "The Toy" and "Behind the Mask" on Thriller 40 first, I prefer those versions.

I still haven't listened to the Michael album in full. But I have to say I LOVE "Much Too Soon" and "(I Like) The Way You Love Me" so much. I think both are amazing. Perhaps because I heard "The Toy" and "Behind the Mask" on Thriller 40 first, I prefer those versions.
I wish we could hear Bruce Swedien's 1994 mix of Much Too Soon, which MJ approved of. I've heard it sounds much better than the remixed version on the Michael album.

Back