What’s your fave MJ costume?

filmandmusic

Proud Member
So many eye popping costumes but what is your fave?

There is the gold leotard for hiker and dangerousgal but I personally would opt for the belts and buckles costume showed off in the bad video clip.
Michael even looks cool in the white shirt without sleeves in the in the closet video, despite not having a muscular shape in his arms.
Anything goes, if you prefer MJ in just swimming trunks then that is a good choice as well 😛

Other than the bad costumd I also love the glitter costume worn in the rock with you video and occasionally on the Destiny tour. Also love the tuxedo with bow tie look for DSTYGE. The white costume he wore when he performed rock with you during that Diana Ross show. Was it the same one that is on the thriller album cover?

I really like most of them, he looked awesome in just about anything.

Michael even looks cool in the white shirt without sleeves in the in the closet video, despite not having a muscular shape in his arms.
Sorry, f&m. I beg to differ, lol.

C18497-DE-E09-A-49-BA-AAB4-72-C8-B1-D4-AD96.jpg

Gold leotard for his stage performances.

Offstage, the military look from the 1990's. Best example, imo, see his outfit on his visit to the Grevin Museum in Paris in 1997. That jacket? That military greatcoat? Awesome. Second place goes to his khaki military jacket as worn in Russia in 1993 and 1996.

Last edited:
So , for on stage The Gold leotard....The Oscars attire 1991 . ....The Bambi Awards outfit 2002 ...also a simple silk white shirt works so flawlessly so that from Mtv 10 with those boots & that belt.

and this .. . The black , buckled suit (which looked aubergine to me when it hit different points of the light)

the This is it blue-ish changing coloured shirt and this long floor sweeping black jacket and the silver
Short Films - The Remember the Time outfit ...with those boots .... The Ghosts shirt and Black Cape..

For off stage . Many trial suits. Particularly the rainbow waistcoat and another outfit , more simple with the white shirt / red tie. ...the peach suit is beautiful .... ...can go on there.

For photo shoot/ & visits it is all the L'uomo. attire and most Military Jackets from 1993.

There is the gold leotard for hiker and dangerousgal but I personally would opt for the belts and buckles costume showed off in the bad video clip.
Anything goes, if you prefer MJ in just swimming trunks then that is a good choice as well 😛

Other than the bad costumd I also love the glitter costume worn in the rock with you video and occasionally on the Destiny tour. Also love the tuxedo with bow tie look for DSTYGE. The white costume he wore when he performed rock with you during that Diana Ross show. Was it the same one that is on the thriller album cover?

I really like most of them, he looked awesome in just about anything.
He did look awesome in anything

If I'm at my most feral and most honest, which I am, just his pure human skin lol.

But to sincerely answer your question...

BELTS AND BUCKLES ALL F'ING DAY!!!
also
white t-shirt with the Bad leather jacket b/c mother of God 🥵 And when he drops the jacket? Are you kidding? Stop it Michael. I want to live.
also
The silver zip-up top he wore on the Bad tour is my favorite top he wore during the BWT... he looks so insanely sexy in it, I just cannot with this
also
every single variation of TWYMMF outfit he wore, specifically, during the Bad era, but also during every era because this man in blue is like a shot straight to the ovaries
also
the Smooth Criminal suit from the film could murder me right into the ground
also
Bad tour Beat it jacket, specifically at the Wembley show, specifically dripping in sweat 💣
also
Dangerous suit and tie from the '93 AMAs like an absolute boss, like I am just straight up begging this man to ruin my life
also
MTV 10th anniversary super tight black pants ⚰️ with the white t-shirt and white loose shirt hanging over it
also
Stranger in Moscow during HWT with his gold pants and the gold jacket opened so you can see his white shirt and it's all kind of loosely hanging and god that performance drives me to the brink...

also

I could go on but I shouldn't. I shouldn't.

beyond the 🥵 factor, he looks good in EVERYTHING. I mean, he looks 🥵 in everything, but he also just looks GOOD in everything. He looks COOL all the time. His swagger is just unmatched in every capacity. Everything people have mentioned here I love. I LOVE his 'Rock with you' glitter suit. Oh God. The entire OTW era is so classic and cool. His personal style and performance style were just unmatched.

My personal fav is the BOTDF look. I like the simplicity of just a red jacket, shirt and pants. His hair is kinda a combo of both In the Closet (with the pony tail) but he also has his iconic loose curls. He also added the element of his black armband and some black shoes. To tie it all together, he has some bracelets. Also, I like it because it's kinda not like Michael's style because normally he has some different colors on his outfits but for this one he just did one color; but he added the little details that make it him. (the armband and the hair) Hope that made sense. But in general I really like all his outfits.

My personal fav is the BOTDF look. I like the simplicity of just a red jacket, shirt and pants. His hair is kinda a combo of both In the Closet (with the pony tail) but he also has his iconic loose curls. He also added the element of his black armband and some black shoes. To tie it all together, he has some bracelets. Also, I like it because it's kinda not like Michael's style because normally he has some different colors on his outfits but for this one he just did one color; but he added the little details that make it him. (the armband and the hair) Hope that made sense. But in general I really like all his outfits.
HOW did I forget BOTDF?!

Yes to all of this.

If we are including non-performance outfits, this is a MUCH longer thread and will generate even more intense responses. I am so excited.

But yes, the Oscars look from the early 90s is one of the most beautiful visuals in all of human recorded history lol.

I'm making a list again. I will probably forget a lot of my favourites.
  1. Huge YES to @filmandmusic's appreciation of 'shiny and sparkly clothes'. Signifies the vital era in music and fashion history.
  2. Huge YES to @filmandmusic's buckles and @Lacra's picture killed me... The high quality of it. Exceptional outfit.
  3. Huge YES to @zinniabooklover's disagreement with the claim he had no good muscles in ITC. He trained specifically for the video! And it shows! He was lean (nothing wrong with that) but the arms in ITC look bigger than usual.
  4. Huge YES to @staywild23's love for the simple white T-shirt and BWT Beat It jacket.
  5. I wanted to post the Grammy look myself but @ChanceToDance has just done it! So huge YES to that.
  6. He'll wear this at our wedding:
    95d3a0e71163de09190cf7468ab07215.jpg

c7820c3dac05ad781d974790371d1aab.jpg
  7. I'm a sucker for loose white T-shirts but the tight black top is a close second.
    5ed179d47d35a7b4efa5250cceda9335.jpg
  8. The Oscars look!
    c598b9aaf2c5b57017061da1cc694175.jpg
  9. This is suitable. He should wear it all the time, I assume we can all become his servants and pay him respect!
    4e421b23c6d9667fe02f31bcfc163f42.jpg
  10. The Dirty Diana look is my #1 forever:
    1dd6ffa0fedc891872cfe0ca21e58c0d.jpg

There is so much going on in this photo that I don't feel at liberty to discuss in present company, but those who know KNOW
Yes, we do!

Just to clarify - this is not a crap photo. I meant the quality of it is crap. For some reason I was only able to find this rubbish quality version this time.

I'm also adding something important - whenever the armband is there, it's a perfect outfit and I can't be proven wrong.
Also love bracelets and rings.
And loafers. If I could only wear one type of shoes, I'd wear loafers. So his sense of style is unbeatable in my eyes.
But I also like the boots visible on the cover of DD single. @zinniabooklover, am I getting into boots just like you?

Back