What's your favorite Steve Porcaro song and why?

Favorite Steve Porcaro song?

• Human Nature

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • For All Time

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Chicago 1945

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Dream Away

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Change

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OMG
It's hard to choose as always :D
I will say this
i love Human Nature so much because this song one of first what i heard and i'm in love
And Chicago 1945 i'm listening almost every day from first moment. I'm in love with this sound and Michael voice.
And Dream away too. I cried when I listen this song first two day. Sound different. Very magic and this voice is so beautiful. The tracks are very well done.

Now I'm technically cheating, because I voted Human Nature, but the original demo that Steve did, I still think its the better version.

But if I had to pick an MJ song definitely Chicago 1945, with Beautiful Girl a close 2nd.

My favorite is Chicago 1945 because of the beats and the lyrics about life in Chicago 1945. According to Lord Jackson, It was recorded one week after Thriller, along with Dream Away. The leaked version is the original.

I don't know what song I'd choose though. Dream Away would be my favorite but the song ends awkwardly, Chicago 1945 is a good song but it's not the "gem" that people described it to be, For All Time is also good but I prefer the alternative take. To me it's probably a tie between Human Nature and For All Time.

I don't know what song I'd choose though. Dream Away would be my favorite but the song ends awkwardly, Chicago 1945 is a good song but it's not the "gem" that people described it to be, For All Time is also good but I prefer the first demo. To me it's probably a tie between Human Nature and For All Time.
First demo of For All Time?

“For All Time” is excellent. It’s so breezy, so carefree, so calming. I love when MJ just sings with emotion leading the way, as opposed to trying to flex with his vocal chops.

then what did Steve Porcaro contribute to that song?

I remember he worked on it, I mean he even said it during the seminar...
What did he say exactly? He could've contributed maybe, but the song is primarily Brad Buxer and MJ's creation.

Last edited:
Back