Which Female R&B Singer Do you Want MJ to Work With?

Which Female R&B Singer Do you want MJ to work with?

• Total voters

Bee.

Proud Member
Hey, fellow fans. I want to know if you had a chance to pick an female R&B singer for MJ to work with, who would it be. I have made a poll about this and I really want you guys to really think about this. Also, when you have made your choice, explain why.

EDIT: I have a few rules: 1. No bashing artists. 2. If you are not familiar with the artists work, please use google. 3. If the singer is not listed on the poll, just add them in your post.

One more thing: the last person on the poll listing is Kelly Rowland. I spelled her name wrong by accident. I hope admin. sees that and correct it for me. Thanks.

Last edited:
Without a doubt Alicia, she's very talented.

I love her voice so much, she has nice written song, she can play the piano; their voices could match perfectly :yes:

Lauryn Hill and i don't think it needs an explanation
f_smiley.gif

na but i could name more unknown and equally talented girls, but Mike always does things large and i don't think it can get any larger than Lauryn's multifaceted talents or the aura she has about her. and she has that Pop appeal too that would suit Mike more than say Erykah, Jill or India (whose music i do dig deeply).

also, i think you missed Ms. Amy Winehouse (Lauryn's descendent imo). though unfortunately, i think many won't be concentrating too much on her huge talents but i'd pick her too.

Lauryn Hill and i don't think it needs an explanation
f_smiley.gif

na but i could name more unknown and equally talented girls, but Mike always does things large and i don't think it can get any larger than Lauryn's multifaceted talents or the aura she has about her. and she has that Pop appeal too that would suit Mike more than say Erykah, Jill or India (whose music i do dig deeply).

also, i think you missed Ms. Amy Winehouse (Lauryn's descendent imo). though unfortunately, i think many won't be concentrating too much on her huge talents but i'd pick her too.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Those two would be my first pick too. I wouldn't mind him working with Mary J either. She's got so much soul.

INDIA.ARIE

OH MAN. MIKE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN 'I Am Not My Hair', NOT FREAKING AKON.

Sorry for the caps. I love India.

India+Mike=genius.

Well, Mike=genius.

I have to say Whitney Houston for sure.. I think she has a beautiful voice. IMO MJs and Whitneys voices would go good together. If i had to choose another one..well i think Beyonce. :D :) There are some really good choices to choose from the list though :) I personally like them all up there :D :kickass:

Last edited:
I definately think that MJ should work with Whitney Houston because she to me is the best vocalist of all the singers.I believe that the two of them together could really make some magic.I would to hear the song live because both of them are very good live singers.

This one is a no-brainer. The rest of the women on this list are talented, but as far as compatability with Michael (in terms of vocal style, musical style, etc) and talent put together, it's Alicia!

I'd say Whitney but it seems like she's fallen off the face of the earth. Of course her voice would be great with his...maybe back in the 90's. But for more contemporary stuff, I'd say Alicia.

This one is a no-brainer. The rest of the women on this list are talented, but as far as compatability with Michael (in terms of vocal style, musical style, etc) and talent put together, it's Alicia!

I'd say Whitney but it seems like she's fallen off the face of the earth. Of course her voice would be great with his...maybe back in the 90's. But for more contemporary stuff, I'd say Alicia.

as i looked at the list this is exactly what i was thinking and i scrolled down to discover my words had already been expressed :)

totally agreeing. definitely alicia. i do love me some whitney, but as a collab i think it would have been better to do in the 90s.

Well if I had my way, I'd want him to collaborate with all of them! Each one of those girls has such a great vocal style. Off the bat I would figure Whitney or Beyonce, but thats too easy. Too....expected if you will. Alicia would be wonderful for a more authentic r&b sound. Erykah Badu and India Arie would be great for a rootsy r&b. I truly love them all!

But I chose Jill Scott. She has a powerhouse voice and knows how to use it properly. Her lines can be smooth as velvet and later turn into a robust mature sound. I want Michael to work with her. Plus, her songwriting skills aint bad either!

It's a tie between Whitney and Mariah even though I actually went with Mariah. Simply becuz I wanna see her more mature side again. It lacks on her latest album. I can easily see either of 'em do a gospel-inspired song with him. I'd like most of the other ladies to work with him (esp. Jill Scott, Lauryn Hill, and India.Arie cuz they're also songwriters themselves and work with him on writing), but Kelly Rowland is the last on my list right below Joss Stone.

as i looked at the list this is exactly what i was thinking and i scrolled down to discover my words had already been expressed :)

totally agreeing. definitely alicia. i do love me some whitney, but as a collab i think it would have been better to do in the 90s.

Yeah wooo! Great minds thing alike lol.

Amy Winehouse. I can see her & Michael working together.

Last edited:
All the first 7 of that list are really good so anyone of them but I chose Alicia Keys. I'm not very familiar with all the rest.

Mary J Blige
Alicia Keys
Jill Scott

Amazing voices.

i'd disown him.
pfft.gif
normal_rihanna2007.jpg
:p

I'd go with Jill Scott, but I think Tori Amos would be interesting, although she's not R&B. I'd pick Chante' Moore, Rosie Gaines, Kathy Sledge, or Chaka Khan as well.

i voted for Alicia. think she's the best complement of talents if he were to work with one of these.

Back