Who do you think is the most OVERRATED female artist today?

Who do You think is the Most OVERRATED female artist today?

• Total voters
Beyonce.

I feel like her camp is trying to get her name in with the legends who came before her, and everytime they try, they fail. When you look at what artists like Mike, Janet, Madonna, Prince, Whitney, etc were doing when they were Beyonce's age they all slay her to bits. Her music is a little better than what's out there, so of course she's gonna get praise cuz she stands out. She's an amazing talent, but at times she gets too much credit for what she does and does not do.

Beyonce..even though I'm a fan, I feel like she's not original and she gets way too much credit..Breaking the Female Grammy Record with 6 wins for a mediocre album is an example of that..

Taylor is overrated as well..Fearless may have been a good album, but she can't sing a bit..

Definitly Beyonce. Its simple.

She doesnt write any of her music
She doesnt produce any of her music
She doesnt arrange or have any creative input in her music.
She can not dance AND when she tries she is just copying another performance from another artist.
She sells her image and overexposes herself instead of making quality music.
She is a descent singer when she is not yelling and screaming but there are plenty of singers better than her.
She is given awards and praised because she is popular when she is not deserving.
She is not original
She is not innovative
She is not groundbreaking.
Her music has not impacted the music industry.
She is not changing popular music just making it worse.
She makes commercial music for mass appeal, not real music.

Beyonce.

I feel like her camp is trying to get her name in with the legends who came before her, and everytime they try, they fail. When you look at what artists like Mike, Janet, Madonna, Prince, Whitney, etc were doing when they were Beyonce's age they all slay her to bits. Her music is a little better than what's out there, so of course she's gonna get praise cuz she stands out. She's an amazing talent, but at times she gets too much credit for what she does and does not do.

So since you think this way why are trying to debate with me in the other thread if you feel the SAME way. You just said that she gets more credit which means she is overrated. Her winning 6 grammys isnt an example of that? LOL It means the same thing. The Grammys have been giving out award since the 00's its nothing new. And the standards dont suddenly drop for Beyonce just because the whole industry is not good. Her music is no better.

So since you think this way why are trying to debate with me in the other thread if you feel the SAME way. You just said that she gets more credit which means she is overrated. Her winning 6 grammys isnt an example of that? LOL It means the same thing. The Grammys have been giving out award since the 00's its nothing new. And the standards dont suddenly drop for Beyonce just because the whole industry is not good. Her music is no better.

I said just because YOU don't think she deserves the Grammys, doesn't mean others don't. I never said whether if I thought Beyonce deserved them or not. With the way the industry is now, her music is a little better than what's mainstream.

I agree with y'all - I'd say Beyonce, too!
And Lady Gaga cuz' this woman is just gettin' on my nerves and I don't think she's makin' good music at all...!

I said just because YOU don't think she deserves the Grammys, doesn't mean others don't. I never said whether if I thought Beyonce deserved them or not. With the way the industry is now, her music is a little better than what's mainstream.

OF course people who are not music conscience and into commericial crap with think that. The average person has no knowlege of of such things. But that doesnt make it real. Mainstream is superficial thats why awards and records really dont mean anything because its not based on substance just on popularity. Her music is CRAPPPPPPP. I told you already Alicia Keys is mainstream and she makes Better music than her She also has more creative input. Your sounding ridiculous now. If you dont agree then just stop replying to me because my opinion is not changing I just hope that you will broden your music taste because you have a distorted opinion because you listen to mainstream music when there is OTHER music besides mainstream. Then you state that Beyonce is overrated but yet you think she earned her grammys??? Your all over the place...

OF course people who are not music conscience and into commericial crap with think that. The average person has no knowlege of of such things. But that doesnt make it real. Mainstream is superficial thats why awards and records really dont mean anything because its not based on substance just on popularity. Her music is CRAPPPPPPP. I told you already Alicia Keys is mainstream and she makes Better music than her She also has more creative input. Your sounding ridiculous now. If you dont agree then just stop replying to me because my opinion is not changing I just hope that you will broden your music taste because you have a distorted opinion because you listen to mainstream music when there is OTHER music besides mainstream. Then you state that Beyonce is overrated but yet you think she earned her grammys??? Your all over the place...

I'm not even gonna respond how I would normally. Don't want to get banned. ;)

lady gaga .. i just dont see the big deal .. she copies madonna. she tries to hard .. and her music isnt that great ... just my opinion ..

Taylor Swift is probably the most over-rated artist out right now (with the exception of Justin Bieber.) :p

Frankly, I dont think she should get awards for being mediocre. She is a pretty good story-teller but Tay please... please... stop singing songs about middle school. She has potential to grow... I hope... or she has already reached her peak... I can't say yet.

Lady Gaga used to annoy me so much but she grew on me. I kinda like her now- her personality. I just wished she would stop being so over the top. It turns me off. I love her music production. I just hope she will be able to write more 'intelligent' lyrics. Fun but not stupid. She has the MOST potential to be GREAT!

Beyonce...

Hmm... She's talented but she's not a visionary. I hope she finds her own musical direction.

Britney knows she's not the best and I like that. She knows she's an entertainer instead of an artist. So, she can't be overrated because everyone knows that fact.

I listen to every artist on this list and I like their music, most of them I even own it. Taylor Swift is really starting to get under my skin though. I can't fathom why she wins so many awards. She's a cute girl and makes cute songs, but she is not very talented and her songs are just that--cute. Boys + Fairytales = Record of the Year at the Grammys? Uh, okay. I have her album and I really do like it, but that is literally all she writes about and they sound the same for the most part. Rihanna is the only other person I believe is not talented in anyway, but she's not honored the way Taylor is either.

The major difference between them and Beyonce, Lady Gaga, and Britney is that they have genuine talent. I believe that any of them could have been superstars even if they had come in the 70s or 80s when music was about talent and not just flash. (Britney's not the best singer, but she can dance really well.)

Beyonce does write a lot of her songs, especially in the Destiny's Child era.

Hmm... I rather not get on that.

But I've heard that her Daddy paid people to say she wrote those songs. :ninja:

I might be wrong though so please don't take my statement as fact.

I'm not even gonna respond how I would normally. Don't want to get banned. ;)

Then dont since you cant respond intelligently

Hmm... I rather not get on that.

But I've heard that her Daddy paid people to say she wrote those songs. :ninja:

I might be wrong though so please don't take my statement as fact.

That is true and its true for her solo work as well.

Just out of curiousity.. any sources as to where you heard this from?

There was an article not to long ago talking about it last year. I'm not sure where it is but it basically talked about how alot of her songs that says she has co written in the credits were not accurate and that they were put on there. It said she has songwriters that get paid to say she writes her songs or to say she helped with writing the song. This isnt something new. Artists do this all the time.

I exactly heard from his mouth the song writer and producer for "single ladies". lol he was exactly on t.v. when he talked about the production of the song. He said it took him and some other producer like a week to produce and put that whole song together with Beyonce and that he was surprised at the amount of success it got. He didnt say how long it took him to write it though. The Two men at the Grammys who accepted her award the very first award were the real producers and writers of that song lol I dunno why they gave that bullish excuse of her getting ready for a performance for her not accepting that award when there were like 3 performances before her lol

There was an article not to long ago talking about it last year. I'm not sure where it is but it basically talked about how alot of her songs that says she has co written in the credits were not accurate and that they were put on there. It said she has songwriters that get paid to say she writes her songs or to say she helped with writing the song. This isnt something new. Artists do this all the time.

I exactly heard from his mouth the song writer and producer for "single ladies". lol he was exactly on t.v. when he talked about the production of the song. He said it took him and some other producer like a week to produce and put that whole song together with Beyonce and that he was surprised at the amount of success it got. He didnt say how long it took him to write it though. The Two men at the Grammys who accepted her award the very first award were the real producers and writers of that song lol I dunno why they gave that bullish excuse of her getting ready for a performance for her not accepting that award when there were like 3 performances before her lol
I noticed that lol

I would like to add someone to the list if you don't mind, and say Ke$ha.

Why? Because she sucks..

hmm I think Lady Gaga. The reason why she's so big is because she's so over the top with her style that I think she tries to hard. From what ive seen of interviews, she seems quite rude aswell.

Then again, I think she is an ok role model for the younger generation as she may inspire people's creativity and sway from this idea that you have to look conventionally normal to be liked?

Taylor Swift. She's a sweet girl but i can't help but think that the only reason why she's getting so much attention these days is through sympathy because of what Kanye West did.

I'd hardly ever heard of her before the Kanye West episode

Ah this should be fun Xp

I think all these ladies are overrated in one way or the other so I'm just going to break it down...

Rihanna- I don't get the hype. She's a just a pretty face with a good team, really. Her voice sounds like a dying cat. I still don't understand how anyone can tolerate listening to her speak/sing for more than 1 minute and how she gets by by just standing and "singing" is beyond me. B_tch, move!!! Basically, I don't get her appeal AT ALL. In other words- She doesn't interest me.

Taylor Swift- Pretty self-explanatory. Monotonous vocals which sounds more like she's talking rather then singing. Very overrated. I don't see anyone but little teen girls digging her music. I must say it's smart that she's singing about fairy tales, unicorns or whatever because today's music buyers (tweens and teens) will eat it up. Plus her image is likable.

Beyonce- Very overrated. She does these vocal acrobats that are totally unnecessarily. In her mind this makes her this splendid singer but really all she's doing is wailing. Horrible music, etc. etc.

Lady Gaga- Extremely overrated. From what I've seen on videos she's a horrible performer. She can play the piano well, I'll give her that. Also her voice is depressing, IMHO. I listened to both the Fame and Fame Monster and I STILL don't get the hype. Horrid beats that are so monotonous glazed over elementary lyrics. It's obvious she's using shock value as a leverage to her career. Lady Gaga is just out for attention and it's embarrassing - to say the least.

Britney Spears- Yea, she's overrated but I've come to terms that people love/like her because of her role as a pop culture icon NOT a music icon. I grew up around the time Britney was huge and I never understood why so many liked her and till this day still do. She's a poor singer (vocals reminiscent to a duck), not a good dancer nor was she all that interesting. But she has a quirky all-American girl personality, I guess. It's so funny because her image is so contrived by her team and It really started to become noticeable around her "dark" period. At least her image wasn't as noticeably contrived as Christina Aguilara's. Plus the focal point to her music is the production.

Taylor Swift.

Where is the hype about Britney? I've heard nothing from her for ages.. guess it depends what country you're from.

It was claimed that was true of Michael on some songs - changing a couple of words and getting writing credit. :whisperinginear: :unsure:

Back