Why wasn't Greg Phillinganes the musical director of the HIStory Tour?

dethorro

Proud Member
Greg Phillinganes started working with Michael/The Jacksons in 1978 and he later worked on Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad and Dangerous.

He was the musical director for the Bad Tour, the first leg of the Dangerous Tour and the 30th Anniversary show.

So what happened in 1993?
Why wasn't he the musical director for the second leg of the Dangerous Tour and for the whole of the HIStory Tour?

He toured with many artists so he was busy, i guess. We can also say that Brad Buxer was a logical choice since he was way more involved in Dangerous & History recording sessions while Greg Philliganes wasn't, I don't know

Greg Phillinganes started working with Michael/The Jacksons in 1978 and he later worked on Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad and Dangerous. He was the musical director for the Bad Tour, the first leg of the Dangerous Tour and the 30th Anniversary show.So what happened in 1993?
Why wasn't he the musical director for the second leg of the Dangerous Tour and for the whole of the HIStory Tour?

If I remember correctly, the second leg of the Dangerous Tour was scaled down a bit. It didn't feature the up and down movable stage (used during Thriller / Billie Jean), and also Jennifer Batten was not on the second leg. That's what I recall. So may be Greg not being part of the tour had to do with downsizing a bit.

Back