Witnessing The Eras: First Time or Again

MikeFann

Proud Member
So, say you're suddenly in the procession of a time machine. Obviously, this means you are allowed to take a trip back in time to witness one of the many eras of Michael Jackson like the Off The Wall Era, The Thriller Era, The Bad Era, etc.

Now, some of you have been able to witness certain eras while for some of us, they were before our times. I'm curious as to which era would you want to relive or which era would you want to see for the first time.

For me, I'd want to go back to 1987 and witness the hype and release of The Bad Album. One of the things I'd probably do is visit a music store to see all of the fans purchasing their copies on record and cassette tape, all excited and ready to listen to Michael Jackson's newest album! Just for the heck of it, I'd probably buy a copy myself. :)

i'd go back to March 3rd 1988 at Madison Square Garden and show him a signed dangerous album, he'd get confused and would be like ''how you getting this music with my print on it? dayumm'' and i'ma be like.. i'm from the days of the future, and i must say that you put the world in a sense of bliss.. but please, please don't trust anyone you may feel could be harmful! all my blessing's to you, and please.. hear these song's! thanks for the show tonight, gonna be starting something ;) :p

I've seen them all (yay, for being "old", lol)! If I could go back, I'd go to the time he was shooting "The Wiz", pull him and Diana Ross aside, then gently tell him to keep his circle of trustworthy people small. As proof of why he should do that, I'd show him Latoya's book and clips of her interviews calling him a child molester, tell him about the Chandlers, etc. then tell him the power is in his hands to alter the future. I know that sounds "Quantum Leap"-ish, but that would be the only reason to go back that far; to warn him, to give him a chance to ward off the backstabbers that are out to destroy his reputation.

Same as the OP: Bad era. That was magic! Of course, it has to do with the fact that that's when I discovered Michael (and popular music in general). Maybe if I had been born earlier to live through Thriller, OTW or the J5 eras then that's what I'd want to go back to.

I've seen them all (yay, for being "old", lol)! If I could go back, I'd go to the time he was shooting "The Wiz", pull him and Diana Ross aside, then gently tell him to keep his circle of trustworthy people small. As proof of why he should do that, I'd show him Latoya's book and clips of her interviews calling him a child molester, tell him about the Chandlers, etc. then tell him the power is in his hands to alter the future. I know that sounds "Quantum Leap"-ish, but that would be the only reason to go back that far; to warn him, to give him a chance to ward off the backstabbers that are out to destroy his reputation.

I often fantasize about this: going back with a time machine and warning him about certain people.

I would go to the year 1988 to see Bad Tour. Any concert from that tour would be amazing to see. :)

The whole This Is It era with 50 shows and world tour for 2 years.
And popalbum and one with classical music.
After being warned when he was younger he doesn´t need a doctor to get some sleep.
He wants to do the shows for the environment but it´s also a goodbye to life on stage.

MIST;4015085 said:
The whole This Is It era with 50 shows and world tour for 2 years.
And popalbum and one with classical music.
After being warned when he was younger he doesn´t need a doctor to get some sleep.
He wants to do the shows for the environment but it´s also a goodbye to life on stage.

i'd also go to the this is it press conference and i advise him to re employ dr schafer! he was definitely Michael's most respected & knowledged doctor

I'm old enough to remember the Jacksons and OTW eras, but the Thriller era was when Michael got my undivided attention with his music and videos. I would go back to Bad tour times, do whatever necessary to see him perform live multiple times, then runaway with him to Neverland. {Don't burst my MJ bubble now.} :laugh:

Everything I missed, so J5 era to The Jackson's to solo Off the Wall. I would study those eras right up to Bad , then I came in as a fan from Dangerous era. I would revisit from 1991 onwards and do everything over again.

I'm old enough and have been a fan long enough to have been eye witness to it all but I'd love to go back to the beginning again. It has been an amazing ride.

Since I'm so young I'd have to say I would go back to the very beginning! It's been a magical thing for me seeing as how I was born during the BOTDF days, but if I could experience things from the Jackson 5 until now...then that would be the greatest! :D

If I had a time machine I'd go back in time and stop Michael from ever meeting The Chandlers

The Bad era. This kind of video that makes me wish I had been born sooner. That spin cocktail from 5:10 to 5:15 is magic. That being said, I would have loved to sing "Heal The World" on stage with him as a kid whether it be in the Dangerous or History era. Even if it would have taken me some time to grasp the magnitude of the experience.

Last edited:
I was too young to truly appreciate the Bad era, so that would probably be my choice. Ditto to the ideas of warning him about the future. I wish it were possible to do that.

With me being born in 1980. I do pretty much remember almost all of Michael's eras. Well except for Off The Wall and Thriller. Considering how old I was back then. But what I would really L.O.V.E. to experience again is Michael mania of the mid 80s. I only remember very little of it. But I do know it was truly a great time to be an MJ fan. Not only was MJ haters were practically unheard of back then. MJ fans were not afraid to show their L.O.V.E. for Michael. And not have someone bash you for it. And best of all it was actually consider cool to be an MJ fan. And that is just something I would really L.O.V.E. to experience again. Especially since I am older and can remember more now. You tube did had this program on their site that was all about MJ mania of the mid 80s. And what it was like back then. And it really was such an amazing time back then.

Everything I missed, so J5 era to The Jackson's to solo Off the Wall. I would study those eras right up to Bad , then I came in as a fan from Dangerous era. I would revisit from 1991 onwards and do everything over again.

Although Bad is my favorite "era", I too would want to go further back in time, to the days of J5 or even Off The Wall as well :)

With me being born in 1980. I do pretty much remember almost all of Michael's eras. Well except for Off The Wall and Thriller. Considering how old I was back then. But what I would really L.O.V.E. to experience again is Michael mania of the mid 80s. I only remember very little of it. But I do know it was truly a great time to be an MJ fan. Not only was MJ haters were practically unheard of back then. MJ fans were not afraid to show their L.O.V.E. for Michael. And not have someone bash you for it. And best of all it was actually consider cool to be an MJ fan. And that is just something I would really L.O.V.E. to experience again. Especially since I am older and can remember more now. You tube did had this program on their site that was all about MJ mania of the mid 80s. And what it was like back then. And it really was such an amazing time back then.

If only I lived back in the 80's (I don't want the 80's Hungary though lol)... Michael was the best, obviousls, but other artists had great songs as well. I definitely prefer songs from the 80's to today's ones.

I must thank all of you for the really great replies. :)

Now that most of you have mentioned it, I also think it's a good idea if someone, knowing what they know now, would have been able to warn Michael about certain people and events.

I would go back to the Jackson 5 era so I could witness his raw talent as an amazing little kid and then I could also live through all of his other incredible eras! Like a couple of people who have posted towards the beginning of this thread, I would love to show little Mike something from his future. That would be incredible. :D :)

I'd want to go to the Thriller era, and like others have said, I'd give him a list of names of people to stay right away from. That's if I didn't melt into a puddle at the sight of him, damn that man was gorgeous! I'd tell him not to do the Pepsi ad and to keep a close eye on insomnia issues and make sure he knew what it could lead to and how it can be treated properly. Although, if he'd never met the Chandlers or other slime buckets his insomnia may never have been at that level in the first place. I'd also want to give him a big hug and never let go. :give_heart:

I'm def hitting up the Bad Era lol that release and hysteria was crazy!!!

I totally agree on wanting to warn Michael about all the people who harmed him but I'd begin with his own "family" of vultures. Telling him not to accept to do the Victory Tour (with the brothers) because they'd want to relay on him and would want him to solve their money problems for decades and not shooting that Pepsi commercial. Many of his problems began when that burn accident got him hooked on painkillers.

Last edited:
I would definitely go back to 1987 and witness the Bad Era for sure!! Witnessing Michael's 5 #1 hits, going to a Bad concert and seeing the fans go frenzy! During the Bad Era everyone appreciated Michael. Not just his music but as a person as well.

I'd rig up the time machine so I was dumped in New York during the Wiz shortly before Off the Wall before the whole Thriller era where things got crazy and you probably had to wade through an army first to even shake his hand.

Back