Would you Welcome Back XSCAPE's PRODUCTION TEAM? For Future Albums.

SoCav

Proud Member
If it was up to me, hell no....

Depending on the era of when the song's were recorded, when all of the post trial tracks are released.. i would like them to be produced/worked on by Theron Feemster, Red One, Michael Prince & Brad Buxer!
Yes, especially MP & BB

AtlasAir

Proud Member
Yes.
Also, ask Pharrell to do something too!
He did a remix of Never Can Say Goodbye, but I'd love if he were to rework an unreleased song in the future.

As long as we get the originals too, it's all good.

mlg2804

Proud Member
No I wouldn't want these producers back. DKYNWYCA, Xscape, Blue Gangsta and Slave to the Rhythm were horrible. I much prefer the demos. Just my opinion of course. :)

Billyjeanplxiv

Proud Member
Honestly, I am going to speak my mind here once and for all.
I'm fed up with this "The original demos are so much better" attitude. It SOLEY appears they are favored because "Michael actually worked on them"
Sure, Michael was good and we are all here for a reason, and we all love Michael's craft. That being said, Michael isn't here to give his final blessing.
I believe some of us haven't accepted that fact. Whatever is put out post-2009 will have a strong bias against it.

EXAMPLE: When Slave To The Rhythm was leaked EVERYBODY was ranting and raving how awesome it was. How different it sounded. They were praising Michael. HOWEVER, once it was learned that Michael had nothing to do with the 2010 STTR. EVERYONE and their mother was like "meh, the mix is okay. Its nothing to write home about."
Did you notice that? Its a double edged sword. Slave To The Rhythm in fact proves my point.

While some of this is personal taste to the listener, and age may be a factor. Im a younger fan and I absolutely love the new mixes. Are they perfect? no. But Michael didn't have perfect releases as well. Michael liked long albums, and long songs. While I think some of Michael's longer songs like Dangerous and Unbreakable get a little repetitive after 4 minutes or so of the same beat. Others may love what I hate and I understand that.
But if we all forget MICHAEL JACKSON, INTEGRITY, ART, etc etc etc and we listen to these mixes with an open-mind and we don't think "psssh these are going to suck because...." then maybe you'll find a little more enjoyment out of this release. I love both versions of Escape. The new remix has a little more smoothness to it that I enjoy over the harsh punching demo.

Now, id like to talk about the Estate hate. Its unbelievable, and frankly its uncalled for now. Imagine, you are Michael Jackson and you dangled a child off the window. (you know what I mean....). Everyone hates you for it. Years later, you learned your lesson and you're smarter now and you'd never do that again. HOWEVER, EVERYONE STILL HATES YOU FOR IT.
You made and mistake, and tried to justify it. People still hound you for it. You cant Escape it, people are dead set on the past and wont look past anything else because of it.

Now, what am I talking about? Estate hate. They make a few mistakes, sure.....("but im only humannn") The Cascio tracks are a mistake, and Branca has stated they wont see the light of day on future albums. Problem solved. Some people aren't satisfied and demand the songs to be removed from the back-catalog and a full "100" page apology letter.
We will never get that. It is HIGHLY unlikely. Move on people, the show is over with. The Cascio Fiasco is dead.

When and IF the Children decide to take over the Estate. They probably wouldn't do anything about it as well. Maybe they will? but 30 years from now who will remember the Cascio tracks? Nobody. This is it, Stop Hatin'

*PS* Yes, the Estate needs to make money. If Michael was here he wouldn't be putting on shows and giving away albums for free. Right? So the argument "The Estate only wants money" is now invalid. Oh? You don't want the Estate to have money? gosh. That's like saying, "I don't want to give a sum of my money to a children's charity? Quite literally, proceeds from the Esate's projects are suppose to go toward charity. So in one way or another your either giving, or being selfish :p

Korlay

Proud Member
VERY little chance of Quincy ever coming back.

But I would welcome them back with open arms.
Same here, Quincy is legendary. Anything planned for future release using unreleased songs from OTW to BAD I would love for Quincy to be the lead producer. I know he would bring together an excellent team of producers.

AngelMJ136

Proud Member
Yes!! Definitely! And WITH StarGate! :D I have no complains against ANY of the new versions :D I have listened them and absolutely loved the new productions!

Justice_For_All28

Proud Member
Love the new versions. At first some of them were "meh" just being used to hearing the leaks for so long... but like the leaks... after a few listens they now sound fantastic!! I would say Chicago might be my favorite, I love the story.

AtlasAir

Proud Member
Loving You is so beautiful. The vocals alone. You can tell it's from Thriller era. The remix makes it sound like a finished product.

And I never liked Blue Gangster from the leaks before. It sounded awful in more ways than one. But this updated version is good stuff.

Science Freak

Proud Member
In a place with soul and love, it's called: Home.
Don't get me wrong, but I love the remixes!
Some better than the original demo version!

But on the other hand, I'm not that kind of fan anymore that's so damn negative about everything (some people do) and just lay back for a while, listening to the great remixes.

So production team, stay!

Btw, Blue Gangsta turned out great in the remix!

DanGerouS-

Proud Member
i doubt they will keep that team... they might try something new again in a few years.

i hope they keep timbaland and RJ tho!

odedia

Proud Member
A huge NO! the remixes are a joke. They're unlistenable. LNFSG and Chicago are the exceptions here, but the rest is just one big headache! Michael would hate to know that they messed up his vision like that.

Thank god for the demos.

Starwars

Proud Member
I would not want Timbaland back again except for maybe a song or two. I think it's a good idea to have an exec producer who can make sure that the album feels at least a bit "unified", but I far more like the idea to have more producers on the album to be honest, to give a broader scope to the music and each track. I don't like Timbaland much, but even disregarding that, he has an instantly recognizable style.

My first thought when seeing the snippet from the documentary where they talk about how it shouldn't feel like a Timbaland album was "no, it *does* feel like a Timbaland album". That's not to say it also doesn't feel like a Michael album, because he is very recognizeable on this album. Great performances, with his voice strong and up-front. But the production screams Timbaland all over the place.

It's obvious that a lot of care went into the project, and I'm really grateful for that. But just sonically speaking, I think they tried a bit *too* hard to, as they say, contemporize the songs. I think that will serve to date the album to this period in time.

But it's double-edged sword really. I'm also happened that they poured their souls into it, because it feels like a serious attempt. Just not quite from the direction I was hoping for I guess, even though I do adore the songs because the song-writing is excellent.

Very happy with the release all in all, but if there will be more Michael album I hope they'll bring in a more diverse cast of producers. And personally I'd hope for more live instrumentation all in all.

SoCav

Proud Member
It most probably is, but some fans are greedy and it is never enough.
Or some fans just have different tastes. God, this calling everyone who criticizes these remixes 'greedy/ungrateful' or 'narrowminded' is so exhausting.

TehHolySpir1t

Proud Member
I know opinions differ, but I think Stargate did an amazing job on APWNN and I would love to see what they could've done with STTR.

As for the people suggesting Quincy, I don't really see the point. If you look at the albums Quincy did with Michael, the thing that makes them stand out from Michael's later albums are the unity of those albums. Quincy always made sure the songs that made the album complimented each other and made up a whole. But the posthumous albums will never have that unity to them because the songs are written at very different times. Let us give youth a chance when it comes to producing future releases.

Last edited:

dani79

Proud Member
I would say R.Jerkins executive on the next (if there are more songs with full vocals)
His work on Xscape is mindblowing.

Starwars

Proud Member
I know opinions differ, but I think Stargate did an amazing job on APWNN and I would love to see what they could've done with STTR.

I'm definitely in agreement there (though I have to say I think STTR was Timbaland's best work on the album).

I just watched the documentary also. Comes across as a bit self-congratulatory by Reid and Timbaland I think. The Stargate guys seem very humble though and Rodney Jerkins seems like a pretty cool guy as well. Stargate seemed pretty reluctant to do it at first though because they feared it wouldn't do him justice, so I wonder if they would want to do more than they already did.

MJelboo

Proud Member
It most probably is, but some fans are greedy and it is never enough.

I'm so done with posts like this. Just accept that people have different tastes and different expectations. I like most of the remixes, and I really hate some of the others. Why the hell does that make me greedy or ungrateful or narrowminded, as I've read all over this forum? As far as I'm concerned it just makes me someone with an opinion. This is music we're talking about, people. You don't *have* to like it. It's so subjective. Please stop with badmouthing those fans who aren't enjoying every song on this all in all very solid album.

HIStory

Proud Member
People who go on about Quincy should check out some of his post-MJ work. Eg. he produced some songs for Tevin Campbell. Very generic, very dated early 90s R&B/new jack swing... Eg.:

Meanwhile MJ took new jack swing to another level with Dangerous.

kai

Proud Member
Never Ever! The Album is sooooo bad.