"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

I disagree. Halle is a big superstar - as in, even I know who she is and I don't really care about films. My point is, she's a big deal (hence the big paycheck) and I think casting someone as famous as her in a smaller part ... I'm not convinced Halle Berry would go for it. Of course, I could be wrong and that's fine. We'll have to see. I'm just saying, I'd be very surprised if she did. I could see it as a possibility if it was a biopic about Janet. I could definitely see her wanting to explore that story in detail. Since it's Michael's story and the role probably isn't going to be huge ... 🤷🏽‍♀️
I meant that does not matter as far as playing Janet goes. Halle Berry is 4 or 5 years older than Nia Long who's playing their mother Katherine Jackson. Also Halle is not really a box office draw like Denzel Washington or Tom Cruise.

Bailey could indeed pass for Janet. They're both gorgeous!

370-halle-bailey.jpg

Wondering if they will use any "deep cuts" as soundtrack in the movie or if we will get mostly widely known songs.
Good question.

I don't do streaming so I genuinely don't know if these playlists are put together by Spotify or, in this case, if it's MJE If it is MJE I'm slightly gobsmacked that they could include SIM, GITM and Who Is It on a list of 'deep cuts'.

Not sure if this is slightly off-topic but I literally just saw this and I'm a bit 😲

They had to change the meaning of “deep cuts” as Michael almost released all of his tracks as singles but in a sense they are deep cuts as not a single radio station plays these songs these days.

Good question.

I don't do streaming so I genuinely don't know if these playlists are put together by Spotify or, in this case, if it's MJE If it is MJE I'm slightly gobsmacked that they could include SIM, GITM and Who Is It on a list of 'deep cuts'.

Not sure if this is slightly off-topic but I literally just saw this and I'm a bit 😲

I think those would definitely be considered deep cuts for casual fans and the general public, yeah. Especially when they're probably targeting newer fans with stuff like this.

I think those would definitely be considered deep cuts for casual fans and the general public, yeah. Especially when they're probably targeting newer fans with stuff like this.
OK. I guess it depends on how you define 'deep cut'. I know these are not well known compared to the obvious songs (especially the 80's stuff) but I still wouldn't call them deep cuts. But I take your point.

They had to change the meaning of “deep cuts” as Michael almost released all of his tracks as singles but in a sense they are deep cuts as not a single radio station plays these songs these days.
Also a fair point.

Jonathan Moffett
@jsugarfootm
·
1h

Saw Jafaar perform on set (and some of the edited footage) when production started and was MINDBLOWN! Fans are in for a treat!! True embodiment of Michael.
Jonathan posted a few more comments:

JM - "You guys aren’t ready. It felt like I was watching old footage of Michael. Dancing is SPOT ON. MANNERISMS spot on. Film production SPOT ON. EDITING spot on. This is going to be epic and exciting!"

Q. - "Which tour did you experience on set?
JM - BAD Tour."

JM - "You have to wait to see it! Not giving any details out except that Jafaar is doing outstanding and that I’m proud of him! The edited piece looked so real….felt like a deleted scene from Moonwalker! A lot of hard work is being put into this and it SHOWS! Proud of everyone involved!"

I’m not excited until I hear someone praise his actual acting skills
I'm wondering if the visitors to the set - so far - haven't seen much of the acting side of things. Jonathan Moffett's comments about the BAD stuff he saw are great but maybe he's only seen Jaafar recreating a stage performance. It would make sense if you're inviting the musicians that Michael worked with on to the set, you're going to show them the music side of things.

Back