Dutch personal assistant during History Tour in Holland speaks

Sunflowers

Proud Member
So I've had this video for a while and loved the story by the Dutch assistant. She was Michael's assistant during his visit to Holland for the History tour. He stayed here for 10 days and visited a lot of places. Ofcourse he also made a visit to a childrens hospital and she describes how that went as well. I've cut of parts of it which weren't interesting. The assistant is in there and a Dutch pop photographer (allthough I almost cut him out with some of his comments haha, but thought you had to hear that too).

It was broadcasted just after the memorial in a news show. It's in Dutch, which is why I never posted it. But I know quickly made some subtitles with it so you can understand. It's a lovely story and I didn't want you guys to miss it. There are some mistakes in the subtitles, I'm sorry about that. I did this very fast and I'mnot a native English speaker :D

Hope you like it.

I saw this before too Sunflowers! Always when I see something in Dutch I think of translating, because I know how much it is appreciated. It's so much work, isn't it? Kudos to you!

You got to tell me how to do it with the subtitles! I know of an interview with a Dutch photographer (Claude Vanheye) who also tells a great story about Michael when he was in Amsterdam in 1977. He had contact again with Michael's mother and the brothers after Michael's death, because they wanted to have some pics. And the black and white one is hanging on Catherine's wall and some other brothers. He says the pictures taken at that time were Michael in all his purity, just before he got solo, and not posed as in most pictures after that would be. Michael suggested going outside and walk for an hour and he insisted on going alone, without his brothers. He wanted to take pics of the Amsterdam chanals and of Claude. And at some point said, ok Michael, now I want to take some of you! The pictures werent interesting enough for the magazines, because it was in black and white and not glamourous. (reason Catherine and the bro's liked it very much).

This is it:

[youtube]x68jpwyHqR0[/youtube]

Some more links:
http://www.at5.nl/artikelen/19579/at5-bezoekt-jackson-fotograaf
(^^^he tells so much great stuff about Michael!!)

http://www.zie.nl/video/ingezonden/Michael-Jackson-te-koop/m1azqn7f1nbk

This one is in English. It's some info on the photographer:
[youtube]aNWysqoNjQI[/youtube]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even without understanding Dutch it's nice to watch, btw.

I know that interview from de Telegraaf. That would be great to translate as well.
It is a lot of work and I had to get to know the program I did it with, but then still it took me a few hours.

I used Jumbler for the subtitles and then a mac program to merge it with the video. I'll see if I have time anywhere soon to translate that movie as well, cos it would be great for others to see. Such a lovely story.

I saw this before too Sunflowers! Always when I see something in Dutch I think of translating, because I know how much it is appreciated. It's so much work, isn't it? Kudos to you!

You got to tell me how to do it with the subtitles! I know of an interview with a Dutch photographer (Claude Vanheye) who also tells a great story about Michael when he was in Amsterdam in 1977. He had contact again with Michael's mother and the brothers after Michael's death, because they wanted to have some pics. And the black and white one is hanging on Catherine's wall and some other brothers. He says the pictures taken at that time were Michael in all his purity, just before he got solo, and not posed as in most pictures after that would be. Michael suggested going outside and walk for an hour and he insisted on going alone, without his brothers. He wanted to take pics of the Amsterdam chanals and of Claude. And at some point said, ok Michael, now I want to take some of you! The pictures werent interesting enough for the magazines, because it was in black and white and not glamourous. (reason Catherine and the bro's liked it very much).

This is it:

[youtube]x68jpwyHqR0[/youtube]

Some more links:
http://www.at5.nl/artikelen/19579/at5-bezoekt-jackson-fotograaf
(^^^he tells so much great stuff about Michael!!)

http://www.zie.nl/video/ingezonden/Michael-Jackson-te-koop/m1azqn7f1nbk

This one is in English. It's some info on the photographer:
[youtube]aNWysqoNjQI[/youtube]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even without understanding Dutch it's nice to watch, btw.

Oh man this is great, thank you so much! Unfortunately I can't view the videos right now, but can somebody tell me what photos they're referring to?

Hey Sunflowers,

I have known this video for 2 years or so as well and always really enjoyed it. Just another example of what a wonderful guy Michael was. Many thanks for putting in the effort to add the subtitles, I think many non-Dutch fans will enjoy seeing (and actually understanding ;) ) it.

Oh man this is great, thank you so much! Unfortunately I can't view the videos right now, but can somebody tell me what photos they're referring to?
This is the black and white pic:
Michael-in-Amsterdam-1977.jpg

Last edited:
There's now also a version with Spanish subtitles. LauraMJLove from MJHideOut contacted me on YouTube and she was so kind to make this version.

Sshe also added a lovely note signed by Michael at the Roald McDonald house.

5vyvz5.jpg

Thanks so much for all of your hard work!

I will watch them later when I am home from work. :)

Wow, thank you so much for doing this for us, you did a really good job.

Thank you for posting, I never saw this as I was in the US for the memorial at the time. It's nice to hear stories like this and the footage is special. I see so many people in the video who are now good friends :)

These are the pictures I have taken by Claude Vanheye. There are more and I will post them when I have them:

Taken in 1977:
4060219025_9601c14a72-2.jpg
preview-5.jpg
jackson_jpg_687773d.jpg
1-13.jpg
preview-4.jpg
777806592_5_sY9n.jpg

Now what photographer takes a picture of Michael Jackson with false teeth in the background? roflmao!! This shows the athmosphere was very relaxed and pics taken spontaneously.

MICHAEL-michael-jackson-12637587-49.jpg

And these were taken by Claude Vanheye two years later (not sure, but pretty much). I will post some, but there are also a lot more:
BEAUTIFUL-MICHAEL-michael-jackso-1.jpg
BEAUTIFUL-MICHAEL-michael-jackso-7.jpg
6-8.jpg

Made by Claude in honour of Michael in 2010:

73564643-2B21-4D69-A767-3E46B4BFAF8.jpg

Last edited:
Back