movies for education

helena22

Proud Member
*if you teach as a profession*

Have you thought about certain movies as teaching-learning material?
Have you actually used movies for your class?
For example: language classes, cultural learning programs, film-making courses (no doubt!), literature/history/science/philosophy/(any other subject) classes, etc.

*if you don't teach as a profession*

What movies do you think are good for teaching in general?
Have you had experiences where you found some movies educational?

*to everyone, whether you're a teacher or not*

What qualities do the kind of educational movies should have?

Now that's a smart topic :clapping:

I'm NOT a teacher but a Resident Writer :cheeky:

I did love if the teacher showed us 'movies' or just 'snippets' as Movies can teach us a lot... I mean, you can show a lot more in the form of piccies and dialogues than pages in a text book... Maybe cause the 'brain' recognizes 'piccies' faster than 'words' :scratch:

Anyway,

GOOD material would be NOW...

BenX... As a lesson of how 'bullying' can 'destroy' the person in question... Different doesn't mean an easy target for fun :smilerolleyes:

Even on a lighter note... To learn a new language a movie is always nicer instead of a boring text book...

Or even a movie about Nature can really have an 'affect' on you to see how we should care for the Planet...

I think that Movies are 'perfect' study material in 'Psychology' too of how people act and react in certain situations...

If I think of other Movies... I'll post them here :cheeky:

GREAT Topic!

Last edited:
A big shoutout to you for the bump & reply! :clap:And thanks for the compliment :)
Strong co-sign on the underlined parts. Esp. with the first example, that reminds me of somebody talking about his belief. Something along the lines of, true learning takes place with your emotions involved. That is so true, when it comes to the field of humanities and esp. ethics education among other things. I haven't watched that particular movie, but if at least any one person felt connected to the story in one way or another becoming aware of danger of bullying, then it's a success.

Now that's a smart topic :clapping:

I'm NOT a teacher but a Resident Writer :cheeky:

I did love if the teacher showed us 'movies' or just 'snippets' as Movies can teach us a lot... I mean, you can show a lot more in the form of piccies and dialogues than pages in a text book... Maybe cause the 'brain' recognizes 'piccies' faster than 'words' :scratch:

Anyway,

GOOD material would be NOW...

BenX... As a lesson of how 'bullying' can 'destroy' the person in question... Different doesn't mean an easy target for fun :smilerolleyes:

Even on a lighter note... To learn a new language a movie is always nicer instead of a boring text book...

Or even a movie about Nature can really have an 'affect' on you to see how we should care for the Planet...

I think that Movies are 'perfect' study material in 'Psychology' too of how people act and react in certain situations...

If I think of other Movies... I'll post them here :cheeky:

GREAT Topic!

Back