What was Michael's greatest talent?

Woman in the Mirror

Proud Member
As we all know Michael was a multi talent human being, with ability to sing, write, dance, produce and also draw very well
For me Michael's greatest talent was in dance and composition.
Let's discuss

His greatest talent was his voice. The expressive, soulful, emotion that came across a recording and transported you to a different place. Hit parts of your brain and heart that you didnt even know existed.

Romantic love, joy, happiness, yearning, longing, pain, desire, anger, rage all came through to you in recorded performances like I never heard before or since.

All the rest-the dancing, the moving, his beautiful visual performances were just icing on top.

I guess dancing or just the ability to affect people like no one else, it's hard to explain but you know what I mean as a fan. Even just his voice makes me feels things I can't explain, like I really can't. No other artist, or anything has ever had that affect on me

Definitely dancing and performing. I think the dance moves are the biggest part of his legacy, in terms of talent.

Singing, dancing and song writing

Yeah it's all three plus the creative vision to do things like the short films.

This is why he changed music history, no one had done all there like that before.

His voice first and foremost. He was an astonishingly talented vocalist who was able to cut through to your soul like very few singers have the power to do.

He was sickeningly talented in almost every area of music, dance, performance, songwriting etc but the singing is always number one for me. I think he is really the only artist to truly have the full package.

I really cannot seperate any element from the others - he was the whole package: a fantastic vocalist with a unique, very pleasant voice, an incredibly original and passionate dancer and a great songwriter.

Entertaining the world with his incomparable performances at a nuclear level, not forgetting his humanitarian nature! everything about him is so pure! best thing he has ever done is donate the proceeds from the Dangerous World Tour to charity... and saving Farkus of course... AND THE BAD TOUR :wild: ;)

He had this uncanny ability to capture everyone's attention, and keep it, especially through singing and dancing. He had a certain magnetism, charisma... he knew what would be universally entertaining, and delivered in very creative ways.

I think his greatest talent was to be..
To be the dance,music,song..to somehow step into it

At the risk of sounding like a ponce, his ability to connect & communicate with so many people, on such a profound level. You can have all the technical ability & talent in the world, but if you can't connect with people, it's worthless.

At the risk of sounding like a ponce, his ability to connect & communicate with so many people, on such a profound level. You can have all the technical ability & talent in the world, but if you can't connect with people, it's worthless.

I guess he had the benefit that his audience (mostly) had grown up with him. So it wasn't like he came out of nowhere, they felt like they knew him and could relate to him.

He wasn't this overblown ego like Kanye or this seemingly strange being like Lady Gaga. They had seen this cute, mind blowingly talented boy grow into this super incredible man that totally changed the page.

To a much, much lesser extent... Timberlake benefits by the same thing, because people have seen him grow from a singer in a boy band to a mature talented solo star. Before you all start, I'm not putting them on the same page talent wise!

Plus MJ always seemed quite humble and never bad mouthed other artists. It was only later stunts like the History statue and trailer that made him seem pompous (in my opinion) but whenever he was interviewed he seemed like an extremely humble and thankful guy.

I guess he had the benefit that his audience (mostly) had grown up with him. So it wasn't like he came out of nowhere, they felt like they knew him and could relate to him.

He wasn't this overblown ego like Kanye or this seemingly strange being like Lady Gaga. They had seen this cute, mind blowingly talented boy grow into this super incredible man that totally changed the page.

To a much, much lesser extent... Timberlake benefits by the same thing, because people have seen him grow from a singer in a boy band to a mature talented solo star. Before you all start, I'm not putting them on the same page talent wise!

Plus MJ always seemed quite humble and never bad mouthed other artists. It was only later stunts like the History statue and trailer that made him seem pompous (in my opinion) but whenever he was interviewed he seemed like an extremely humble and thankful guy.

Yeah, you're spot on mate. He certainly had that benefit and was an extremely likable person. I liked his philosophy also "you've got to be able to whistle it or hum it"

I really like two Kanye albums 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy & 808's & Heartbreaks, but I don't think I can stomach the guy anymore. His ego & arrogance are disgusting to be honest.

We're back to the history gold pants again.

Well, he did display a full and impressive package... :naughty:

I can't choose one talent over another, it's too hard to separate. I love his drawings too, the first time I saw them I was greatly impressed, then my second thought: "Was there anything creative that this guy couldn't do?!"

very surprised about the lack of appreciation for his humanitarian efforts.

What I hate is when some fans try to downplay Michael's talents as a vocalist, just to try and make the HIStory Tour seem better than what it was.

What I hate is when some fans try to downplay Michael's talents as a vocalist, just to try and make the HIStory Tour seem better than what it was.

No reason to bring that up, you can't judge people who enjoy the HIStory World Tour.

It's a talent from the peak of his heart.

tumblr_m8db4koCjX1qguxwk.png

It's a talent from the peak of his heart.

I think your reaching there Zakk, were talking about talent (artistic) IE: dance, vocals, writer, director, artist etc, rather than his natural leanings (humanistic) which would be more to do with his philosophical & ethical stance.

Humanitarian acts were actions carried out from his desire to help people, it's something that comes from empathy. Empathy is something almost everyone has unless they're a sociopath and empathy in itself is not unique. What was unique is how much time, effort and finances Michael put into helping people. Talent is about skill, dancing and singing isn't something that everyone can do well and there are different levels of skill required for it. A person has to be an insanely good dancer to pull off MJ's moves correctly, and anyone wishing to sing MJ's songs in the same key with the same vocal ability would need a 4 octave vocal range which not everyone is capable of having.

Back