B_V8_vrUcAAk9Jd.jpg:large

B_V8524UcAAiOiP.jpg:large

B_V8zWoUYAAk0Xc.jpg:large

B_V8u8AUsAAOGWv.jpg:large

B_V8jTYUcAA7lYd.jpg:large

B_V8fZMU0AA4KZf.jpg:large

B_V8bveUgAEvjJb.jpg:large

B_H506bUQAAOYOc.jpg:large

Sadly this one was painted over from the new owner..
B_V8o-gUsAADEaC.jpg:large

4900 Lankershim, Blvd - N. Hollywood,

elvis-graffiti_1863794i.jpg

n March 2010, graffiti artist Owen Dippie created a mural titled "Two kings of rock'n'roll" in Tauranga, New Zealand

Rest_In_Peace_Michael_Jackson._King_of_Pop..jpg

omenmjtribute.jpg

The Montreal graffiti writer Omen recently painted a nice tribute to Michael Jackson
Michael+Jackson+w+Krakowie+%2Cgraffiti.jpg

Bv0hrChIUAAGkqd.jpg

upperplayground-citrusreport-chorboogie-maddona_jackson-605x232.jpg

Michael-Jackson-Graffiti-Design-by-Axlcolours.jpg

michael_jackson_mural_2.jpg
michael_jackson_mural.jpg

2011: The mural has gone: The king of pop no longer graces the corner of 18th and Troost. Alexander Austin, also known as "Mural Man," painted a tribute to Michael Jackson after his death in 2009. We spoke to Austin about how his mural no longer exists, and what happened to it:

"First of all, thanks for the interest and thanks to The Pitch for following my work over the years. The mural was painted as a tribute to MJ after I had heard of his passing. Words cannot express the magnitude and the sheer genius of his work, and the millions of people he touched all over the world.

I invited local fans to show their love and appreciation for his music by signing the mural. There were over a thousand signatures on the wall, and some of those people came from all over, some driving for hours to pay their last respects and sign the wall the day of his birthday. We had a great time listening to his music celebrating his birthday. It was a bittersweet day that none of us will ever forget. As I do with all my work, I put my heart and my soul into every painting, and any artist will tell you that the worst nightmare of all is to have your work destroyed.

I am not angry but disappointed that I wasn't told that it was being removed. People were e-mailing me and calling, wanting an explanation, and I didn't know what to tell them except someone else had bought the building. And that's all I can say.I only wanted to address the fans and to say thanks to the previous owners and Damon L. Patterson for letting us use the space, and letting the fans of MJ pay their final respects. I wish the new owners of the property all the best. No love lost. R.I.P. KING OF POP! Thanks for the magic." ~ Alexander Austin.

These walls are all from Toronto. All pictures are mine, I went on the MJ graffiti hunt in 2010. Most of them were painted in 2009, I don't know if they all still exist.

The first one is hard to find, it is on the garage door which is normally up during the business hours. It was painted by the street artist Elicser, he is quite famous here in Toronto.

mjwall09.jpg

This one still exists, I saw it again a month ago.

mjwall08_noposter2011.jpg

Haven't check this one since 2010.

mjwall06.jpg

Same wall, a fragment:

mjwall07.jpg

The last one is a mural approximately two blocks from my house. It was done by the local youth group.

mjwall03.jpg

Michael's part. They choose quite an interesting era, most of the murals I saw picture Michael either during his solo career or from Jackson 5 years. This one is clearly form Jacksons years.

mjwall05.jpg

Last edited:
Most of them have the location if they know. That last set is in Toronto. The one of Michael and Elvis said New Zealand.
I think the first set is different places: LA, Columbia, Paris, Germany etc.

StopGlobalAirAbuse @sgaa_mj · Love this... Stray dog found in LA. Rescuer passed MJ mural driving to vet and named him this xo

B_nDwaiVAAAV6R-.jpg
B_nDwajUgAEwAyH.jpg

These 2 murals were painted in 2013 by Erik Burke and are located at the David LaChapelle Studios, in Hollywood
B_su7t9UgAAkG-1.jpg:large

MJJ News @MJJNews · 15. Apr.

Mural in 'Shaggy's Barber Shop' in Lutwyche, Queensland, Australia. (via UK Loves MJ) I love it !

CCn8GN5W0AA_eOK.jpg:large

Just came back from Moscow. My brother went out of his way to show me this wall in some obscure residential area :)

28-moscow2015.jpg

Back